posting pics in a review thread

is there a feature that would allow me to post pics taken (w/ the providers permission) ?
thx
The answer to your question is NO

You are able to post pics here but this forum does not have a photo attachement feature so you will have to first upload the photo somewhere such as a photo hosting site like Imageshack.us and then link the photo to the thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9d8IVIN15A&feature=related

I know the BP ads expire after some time. Would anyone be kind enough to tell me or post a link as to how to post screen shots. I've read a lot of decent reviews only to discover that the BP link is no longer valid, though a google search with name/number usually comes up with something. Copying and pasting the ad will probably help (as the girls tend to use the same words when posting) but wont post the pictures.

Here's how i posted a photo today:

I posted a photo today via my generic Android 4.1 Tablet like this:

1) I long-touched the target photo in her BP ad until a menu of choices popped up. (I think a right click on the mouse while the cursor is over the photo would do the same thing.)

2) I selected "open image" to see the photo's URL- so I could copy it. (Some browsers let you copy the image's URL without having to open the photo separately, but not mine.)

3) I inserted the following code at the desired spot in the Compose text-entry box:

where the (URL) is replaced by the image's complete URL, without ANY spaces or parentheses between the bracketed code words

At first I had a lot of trouble inserting the photo because my Android 4.1 browser had omitted the http:// part of the image's URL, but it all worked out fine when I finally thought to add the http:// prefix where it belonged.

Last hint: I never would have stuck it out long enough to insert the photo properly if I hadn't used the "Preview Post" Button over and over and over again.

Good Luck!

I only know how to do it on a PC but if you post your query on youtube I am sure there will be lots of videos on how to do it.

I usually just hit the print screen button on the keyboard and I paste the screenshot to paint then I save it as a jpeg on my comp.

You would then upload this to a photo host site and then copy the url of the photo and in your post you just place the url between the IMG tags and it will display the screenshot in your post.

Find my photo verified thread or my reviews and you can see examples of it

The above post is a good one if your doing it with a smart phone

Last edited:
I have been able to post pics on UG by a simple copy-and-paste method utilizing the right click.

Here's how I do it on a PC (Macs, tablets, phones might not work):
Hover over the source photo with your mouse.
Right click with your mouse.
A drop-down menu appears.
Click on "copy image."
Go to the thread page where you wish to post the photo.
Click on "paste."
The photo should appear in the thread. (Sometimes it first appears with the url listed in text, and does not appear as a photo until you click on the "Post Reply" tab on here to complete your post.)

Also, I occasionally have trouble going directly from the source photo to the thread. It just won't copy. In that case, I deviate slightly by going through my desk top first, as follows.
After you copy the image, instead of going right to the thread page first, instead open up a new tab on your desktop.
Then, rather than clicking on "paste," click on "paste and go" and that will copy the pic onto your desktop.
After that, you can start over on the photo that appears on your desktop and follow the steps from the start to copy it to the thread.

is there a feature that would allow me to post pics taken (w/ the providers permission) ?
thx
Photos that you take of a provider, even with their permission, should not be posted on Utopia Guide.
The only photos of providers that should be posted on UG are photos that appear in their ads.
Even photos from their social media websites should not be posted on UG.

Photos that you take of a provider, even with their permission, should not be posted on Utopia Guide.
The only photos of providers that should be posted on UG are photos that appear in their ads.
Even photos from their social media websites should not be posted on UG.
What about photos that happen to be part of a news article in legit press? This could be (but not necessarily limited to) mug shots. Also, may not be limited to providers.

My thinking is this ethically ok.

Of course I will abide by whatever the powers to be so determine.

What about photos that happen to be part of a news article in legit press? This could be (but not necessarily limited to) mug shots. Also, may not be limited to providers.
My thinking is this ethically ok.
Of course I will abide by whatever the powers to be so determine.
That's been allowed. Thanks for that addition.
A current example would be Aubrey's mug shot from her recent Riverhead bust. If it's published in the press, the thinking here is that it's fair game.
One could argue that should also apply to social media pages, but a discussion among the mods ended up with a decision to err on the side of a sense of privacy on the part of the subject. Even though the pics are publicly posted, we felt that a provider would not expect them to wind up published on a whore board.

Also, the restrictions I listed earlier were only about provider photos. Other photos of general subjects are posted here all the time. I am probably the most prolific in doing that when I try to lighten up a thread with some humor. (Yes, I know many will debate the result.)

There was a question elsewhere about a problem getting pictures off a provider's site that has disabled right click on images and posting them here. This method is a little bit complicated, but anyone who follows it should be able to get to the pictures. It works on Chrome, but I don't know if it will with other browsers.

Go to the page where the pictures are (usually the "Gallery", "Portfolio" or similar link). In the address bar, type "view-source:" (no quotes) in front of the existing URL, then hit enter. A screen with lots of rambling text defining the webpage comes up. Look for links to JPG files (usually in blue and/or underlined) and click on one. A picture will appear in a separate screen. If that's the one you're looking for, copy the URL in the address bar. If that's not the picture, click back to the source code page then continue clicking JPG files until you find the right one and copy that URL. If the site uses thumbnails, each of those may have its own JPG, so look for a similar file name with the larger image. Sometimes the file name on the source code page will be identifiable from the image on the webpage, other times you'll just have to search through all of the JPGs.

In the reply applet on UG, select the "Image" button on the toolbar and paste the URL of the picture in the "Image URL" box, then click "Insert". That should do it. Repeat using the "Image" button for each picture you'd like to post. If there are multiple pictures and cutting and pasting several URLs from one website to the other is awkward, you can make a note of the URLs of the pictures and type them into the UG Image URL box. By the way, once you've clicked on the JPG from the source code screen and it appears on the next screen by itself, you can right click on it and use the "Save image as..." command to download the image onto your computer. Hope this helps.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
This appeared in another thread but I thought this was a more appropriate place to continue the discussion:

Yes, I saw that. Which is why I asked the OP.
The last time he posted a pic it caused a bit of a behind-the-scenes shitstorm with the pictured provider and I don't want a repeat of that.

ATTENTION GUYS: Do not post pics of providers unless they appear in their ads.
I'm not sure I agree with this: if someone is sending out their pics to solicit business I'm not sure they have a reasonable expectation of privacy.

It's definitely debatable. My take is different then yours, of course, or I would not have posted what I did. I would, however, like to see it settled so that there is no question in the future.

The incident with Jeanie is a good example. She sent that picture to Turn_Ova who posted it. She sent it in order to solicit business. However, I am sure she did not expect it to be published. As a result, she objected and became enraged when she saw it posted. Now if she had posted it in an ad, she would have had no grounds to object. But she considered it a private matter between two people, I assume based on her reaction.

Turn_Ova defended himself to me by offering up the example of Michelle from Island Park. He told me that he has seen her photo published in her thread and informed that it's a photo she sends to guys that is from her driver's license. And I understand that's why he followed suit. Since that photo is not something that is available except to law enforcement and the only way someone could get it is if she gives it to them, is that also allowed to be posted?

I see it as a matter of perception vs. reality. The reality is that they both released the pictures and shouldn't have any expectation of what happens afterward. In Jeanie's case, her perception, however, is that she did not intend for the picture to be shared. It would probably take a legal ruling to get to the bottom of it. First question might be one which you've mentioned on occasion. A model release for the photo. In this case, I'm sure there was none.

Beyond this, there is also the issue of photos from a provider's personal FB page when it's discovered. Those are publicly posted photos. It seems logical then, that those should be allowed to be published. And if you can do that, can you also publish the real name of the provider? That is public information, too. And to take it one step further, what about public arrest records? Members have alluded to them on occasion, but no one has ever actually posted them. Should we allow that, too?

No, I think this is a slippery slope. Better to err on the side of caution. Only allow photos which appear in ads. After all, the only photos I ever see in aggregator posts are photos which first appeared in an ad somewhere, be it BP or one of the provider websites. Of course, I am not the final say on this, so you will have to rule here, Slinky.

Reluctantly, I have to agree with Banacek. I'd love to see every picture available of a provider, but I do believe that some girls only send pictures to people they would choose to service based on their communications or experience with them, and do not expect those pictures to be posted on a public board for the world to see, especially if the pictures are recognizable. That may be a naive assumption on their part, but being publicly outed like that can have painful and permanent repercussions. As far as expectations of privacy, publishing their picture in a public ad and seeing it on a review site is one thing; sending it to an individual in a private communication and seeing it on a review site is quite another.

I think I have to agree with Banacek as well.
But if a girl sends you her pic in a text/email whatever, what about contacting the girl and asking her if it's OK to publish the pic here to help with her business?
If she says yes, then no worries.

But if a girl sends you her pic in a text/email whatever, what about contacting the girl and asking her if it's OK to publish the pic here to help with her business?
I assume in that case you're talking about a paid advertiser here. I don't believe UG management would take kindly to a working girl posting anything, let alone a picture, to promote herself unless she was an advertising subscriber. I expect advertisers have liberal photo posting privileges here already.

Mr. Joyboy,
In the scenario Woodguy posed, it would be permitted if the pic was being posted in a review thread. But in that case, the member would probably ask in person. So, my interpretation is probably not what he meant. And I would be reluctant to allow it in an ISO under those circumstances, since our vested interest would be to have a photo to describe her and not to help with her business.

Why do people want to tell girls about this site so much?