Polypropylene condoms

I have talked about this before but its been ages.

I am an advocate for polypropylene condoms, which are stronger so they can be made thinner than latex condoms, transfer heat at least as well as latex and when made thinner [being stronger they can be made thinner and have the same or better protection level as latex] do so better, and even potentially protect from STDs better are a good answer to the problem.

They are more expensive than latex condoms though.

Brand names are Avanti, Trojan Supra, and others.

Another advantage is that they are inert and don't breakdown with oil based lubricants.

They also don't taste bad. In fact they are tasteless. [Many providers complain about using condoms with oral sex because latex condoms taste bad]

An article that breaks down various styles of condoms and their benefits and drawbacks.

http://www.vsnaturopathy.com/Condoms.html

Condoms are SO important in this so called "hobby".

Please feel free to place your thoughts, learning, and advice on their use in this thread.

Thank you.

franca

<color=pink>Silver</color>
LifeStyles Skyn is a new condom made of polyisoprene. It's a little bit stretchy. Not as stretchy as latex, but more so than polypropylene, and very strong.

There is also the Female Condom, made of polypropylene.

A few comments: First, I think that the article that Thorn posted has a typo as it describes polypropylene condoms under a section header of polyurethane condoms. The header is right and the text is wrong. The various brands that Thorn mentions are polyurethane, not polypropylene. I have lots of experience with these as I have a latex allergy, so I have to use them. The polyurethane condoms are good in all the ways that thorn mentions, but they do have one drawback that he doesn't mention: the polyurethane condoms don't stretch, so they have to be sized for the largest size penis. If you're merely normal sized, they will be quite loose. I use the LifeStyles Skyn condoms that Franca mentions and I much prefer then to the polyurethane ones.

But I have had one problem with all of these, which is that providers understandably want to supply their own condoms to be sure that they aren't using something that wasn't tampered with. But it can create unease when you suggest in an e-mail that a provider get a particular kind of condom as it falls under the taboo of not discussing services by e-mail. Sigh.

A few comments: First, I think that the article that Thorn posted has a typo as it describes polypropylene condoms under a section header of polyurethane condoms. The header is right and the text is wrong. The various brands that Thorn mentions are polyurethane, not polypropylene. I have lots of experience with these as I have a latex allergy, so I have to use them. The polyurethane condoms are good in all the ways that thorn mentions, but they do have one drawback that he doesn't mention: the polyurethane condoms don't stretch, so they have to be sized for the largest size penis. If you're merely normal sized, they will be quite loose. I use the LifeStyles Skyn condoms that Franca mentions and I much prefer then to the polyurethane ones.
Thanks for catching that. :) Good add.

Another plus to polyurethane condoms which I didn't see mentioned above is the fact that they can be used with oil based massage products. Latex condoms will break down with true massages oils, forcing you a lot of water based, sex-marketed products which are often inferior, or else silicon based products like bodyglide. Polyurethane, however, has no problems with massage oils.

Another plus to polyurethane condoms which I didn't see mentioned above is the fact that they can be used with oil based massage products. Latex condoms will break down with true massages oils, forcing you a lot of water based, sex-marketed products which are often inferior, or else silicon based products like bodyglide. Polyurethane, however, has no problems with massage oils.

I did not know that about Polyurethane. I always warn guys who get massages and more the oil breaks latex condoms. I would not even trust if it were wipes off or washed with anything lesser than Dawn. I work with oil and butters alot and even with a good scrub it lingers, it takes several washes over a period of time to completely dissolve (i try not to use Dawn on my skin). When I use stainless steel bowls to mix oils, waxes, butters I have to clean them twice Dawn and that's the natural stuff, I cannot imagine petro based oils coming off easier. The only one that comes off easier is Almond Oil.

I used the polyurethane not too long ago. They were Trojan's brand (Ultra?)... gold package I think. They were way too tight and while they are very thin, I felt nothing. I was able to fuck this girl for an hour and never came close to a finish.... lucky this girl makes me hard just being in the room or I'd have never been able to keep it up that long. Anyway... they're a pain in the ass to put on and take off.

I used the polyurethane not too long ago. They were Trojan's brand (Ultra?)... gold package I think. They were way too tight and while they are very thin, I felt nothing. I was able to fuck this girl for an hour and never came close to a finish.... lucky this girl makes me hard just being in the room or I'd have never been able to keep it up that long. Anyway... they're a pain in the ass to put on and take off.
An hour?? Too tight ??

Ozzy, I know you think they are a pain but can you bring them if you ever decide to hook up with me :).

Last edited:
I bought a box, and the first line in the directions, stated,"not to be used with oil based lubes"
The product Durex, Avanti.

Hmm, don't know what to tell you. If you just surf around online everything will tell you that polyurethane is not broken down by massage oils. I've never bought Durex Avanti's but all over I've seen this toted as a selling point.

For example, the wiki entry on durex: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durex (not that I would bet the farm on a wiki entry).

It's funny, I bought a box of Trojan Supras at one point looking to have some massage related fun. I don't recall seeing anything saying it couldn't be used with massage oils. However the girl friend got a hold of the box and read the fine print which said that Supras had not been submitted to the same testing as latex condoms and that such testing was pending. I never even got the chance to use them.