Politics for anonymity-Anonymity is not an absolute

In any forum there will always be people who agree with certain viewpoints and obviously they can speak up and say so. In this community there is definitely a presence of agreement and disagreement, which makes for stronger discussions-so now to my point….
We have many threads pertaining to the subject regarding providers methods of verifying and also on hobbyist’s feeling’s regarding giving up personal information and several informational threads with suggestions on how to protect ones information. Both the provider and the hobbyist have very valid points in these discussions. The one item in common between both sides is that they each require some type of anonymity. Although the industry standard practices to protect one’s privacy, it does not promise anyone and they should not expect that our personally identifiable information or private communications would always remain private and this includes the provider or anyone in general!

Ok both sides indulge each other and give the so-called required information to satisfy each other and it still is not enough! This pisses me off. I am not being a feminist, especially not on this board…but… because a woman is a provider, she is automatically labeled as a woman of the night-Does this mean that she has to give up all her privacy for you to feel secure enough to see her & to continue spending time together? There has to be some type of boundary!
Many may want to avoid the "limelight" of popularity or simply want to live private lives.
All parties involved have families and a life and their own reasons that they have regarding there own privacy—which is common sense. To some a little mystery can be considered " part of the thrill or an additional element of mystique to themselves" (Just my opinion)

Through they’re own bias alias and protection methods- it’s still not enough for some hobbyists and providers and this is not directed to anyone-just an observation! Some feel that they must know the type of toilet tissue that a provider or hobbyists use’s to wipe his or her own ass! Granted YES safety is always the first issue. Yes Of course everyone wants to have the element to be "anonymous".

HOW much information is really needed for both sides to feel comfortable enough to escape from our everyday lives and have some fun?

Last edited:
Well since they moved this

Well-I assumed no one would touch this-especially since it is from a woman's perspective-
Go figure!
Maybe some do not understand all my rambling-so I will simplify it!

Searching License plates
Bouncing phone numbers off another number-
Reversing IP addresses
Reversing phone numbers
Alias email addresses
Satellite Radio announcements
Twitter pages

The list could go on and on!

Privacy-do we have to give up all of our privacy to be a hobbyist or provider? Is this what comes with being involved in the Adult Industry? If so how much of our own personal privacy do we need to give up to satisfy one’s personal feeling of being comfortable!
Most of the women and men of the community have families and responsibilities to go back to when all the fun is over.
You give up your privacy-you go back to your own life! SO why must one give up so much personal information to get a back and neck rub or to pay the phone or rent bill?

When is it enough?

I think you have said everything that needs to be said, quite eloquently I might add. So i have nothing to add as you have covered it all but wanted you to know your not alone. I am not only touching it, im rubbing it all over;)

Well-I assumed no one would touch this-especially since it is from a woman's perspective-
Go figure!

Searching License plates
Reversing IP addresses
Reversing phone numbers
Alias email addresses
Twitter pages

Privacy-do we have to give up all of our privacy to be a hobbyist or provider? Is this what comes with being involved in the Adult Industry? If so how much of our own personal privacy do we need to give up to satisfy one’s personal feeling of being comfortable!
Most of the women and men of the community have families and responsibilities to go back to when all the fun is over.
You give up your privacy-you go back to your own life! SO why must one give up so much personal information to get a back and neck rub or to pay the phone or rent bill?

When is it enough?
To be honest, if I wanted to see a UG provider, I want no more info than she provides here. Has anybody asked you for your real name? home phone number? e-mail address associated with your ISP? if you have another job, that phone number?

And not pointing fingers at anyone here, I've been asked for my real first and last name. and my work phone number. When that happens, I pass on the situation. I'd have to be crazy not to.

Go figure!

Searching License plates
Reversing IP addresses
Reversing phone numbers
Alias email addresses
Twitter pages

Privacy is illusory. Think that prepaid cell is covering your tracks? that internet anonymizing service has you covered? The voicemail you rented, which you pay for using money orders? The PO box you rented under a fake name? Think again. There are folks with the means to get around all that, and more. I've seen MUCH more elaborate cloaking seen right through.

It all comes down to one thing only: How big an incentive does one have to find out who you are. If the incentive is high enough...and it rarely ever is for any hobby related stuff. Face it. Our piddly little bullshit is just not that interesting in the grand scheme of things.

I don't take many precautions, but then again I don't go crazy with CL girls or anything like that. I use my unblocked cell phone (never home phone, one of my several email accounts (gmail) that can be traced to me, no CC, no DL, and I would politely laugh if asked for SS. The info I give makes it easy to verify me, but does not provide direct access to home or SO. However, I have no illusions that someone with the right contacts (or a little effort/expense) could track me to my home. It hasn't happened in 20 years, and if it ever does I will deal with it accordingly (including fessing up to the SO if necessary, which I would do before complying with blackmail).

I pretty much trust any provider with a good review here, but generally don't require anything much from a provider. I just use my spidey sense when talking on the phone to try to stay out of a LE sting. I have used agencies, indies, and MPs. An MP is a place of business, and I can legitimately be there naked without breaking the law, I'm paying for a massage that requires nudity on my part. I do recall my first visit to a hotel to meet a provider, don't remember if it was an agency or indy but I do recall my heart racing and sweating and expecting a bust (despite several conversations that put me at ease until I reached the destination). I still get a little edgy at a hotel, even with an agency that I've used and trust, because that doesn't mean LE isn't staking them out.

So even if I had real names, numbers, or any other information about the provider, that doesn't protect me (or them) from a sting operation. Sometimes I'm too trusting, but I figure shit happens, might as well have fun until then.

P.S. I didn't respond initially because I didn't see much difference from the other related threads, not because I felt it wasn't worthy of reply because it was started by one of the ladies. After seeing a couple of the other posts I get the sense that it does have a different feel than the other threads, and hopefully it won't digress into rehashing those old issues again.

Last edited:
I pretty much trust any provider with a good review here, but generally don't require anything much from a provider. I just use my spidey sense when talking on the phone to try to stay out of a LE sting. I have used agencies, indies, and MPs. An MP is a place of business, and I can legitimately be there naked without breaking the law, I'm paying for a massage that requires nudity on my part. I do recall my first visit to a hotel to meet a provider, don't remember if it was an agency or indy but I do recall my heart racing and sweating and expecting a bust (despite several conversations that put me at ease until I reached the destination). I still get a little edgy at a hotel, even with an agency that I've used and trust, because that doesn't mean LE isn't staking them out.
Sometimes even someone you know and trust can have their back up against the wall... Never heard of it happening with a provider, dut I once knew an weed dealer that the cops blackmailed into setting up all his customers, one by one, for a bust. Happened over several days. They arrested about a dozen of his customers. Who's to say someday LE might not force a provider to do something similar?

.....It all comes down to one thing only: How big an incentive does one have to find out who you are. If the incentive is high enough...and it rarely ever is for any hobby related stuff. Face it. Our piddly little bullshit is just not that interesting in the grand scheme of things.
The problem is that sadly for some people, sex for sale is the grand scheme of things.

I think this kind of complaining is sort of misguided. Or, to put it another way, I don't think it's politics so much as practicalities.

Of course I agree with Superwoman 1000% that the kind of behavior she complains about is wrong. Johns shouldn't do it. Period.

But the problem is, people are going to do what they're going to do. Posting on a message board that people shouldn't wrongfully seek out your personal information isn't going to stop people from doing it. So all you can do is take the best steps you can to protect yourself. Because you sure as shit can't stop people from acting wrongly.

That's why so many johns here take such a hard line against giving out our personal info. Because you, Emily, I, and 50 other people can write until we're blue in the face that people shouldn't abuse personal information obtained in the course of commercial sex transactions. But that will never stop them.

Last edited:
Good evening!

Thanks for everyone’s response-I apologize if it seemed like a rant. It had nothing to do with me or anyone directly-I did not want to rehash any old threads from the past-just some observations that I made from reading recent posts and I was curious as to how others felt regarding the subject of privacy. I did enjoy desi's response the most! (Sorry UG)
I also enjoyed "Left the scene's" line that "Our piddly little bullshit is just not that interesting in the grand scheme of things"
I totally agree with this and hope others would too! All the threads on how to do this and how to do that …just in my opinion are sometimes… just so-over- the- top and I guess that’s where my thoughts regarding Privacy came from initially! Thanks for reading my thread!:)

franca

<color=pink>Silver</color>
You know, considering all the fucked up shit that some johns post about working girls for the flippin world to read, I'm not surprised that some of them fly off the handle on them. I try to keep a level head, and not lose my cool, but there have been a few times when I had to make a phone call and say "what the hell were you thinking?"

That's just the problem, franca.

Nothing any of us can say or do will stop other people from acting like morons.

So we each have to make our own decisions about how much we're willing to risk, knowing that the morons can act out at any moment without warning.

Privacy is illusory. Think that prepaid cell is covering your tracks? that internet anonymizing service has you covered? The voicemail you rented, which you pay for using money orders? The PO box you rented under a fake name? Think again. There are folks with the means to get around all that, and more. I've seen MUCH more elaborate cloaking seen right through.

It all comes down to one thing only: How big an incentive does one have to find out who you are. If the incentive is high enough...and it rarely ever is for any hobby related stuff. Face it. Our piddly little bullshit is just not that interesting in the grand scheme of things.
I purchase my prepaid cell with cash at one of many Duane Reade stores in Manhattan. I only use cash to buy minutes at different stores in the tri state area. I never used any phone that can be traced to me to call the prepaid phone and I never used the prepaid phone to call any number that can be traced to me. The only thing I ever did was to call a provider using my prepaid and my regular phone. So someone would have to make the connection that the two numbers somehow belong to the same person, a stretch I would say. How in the world is a pre paid phone properly handled not relatively safe?