Parking

I still remember corner of Grand and broadway there was a parking lot and on corner of grand and lafayette there was also a parking lot and at the intersection of kenmare and lafayette there was also a parking lot.

All three simultaneuusly disappered within the last 2 years....

Trump Lot

Just an FYI

West End Ave @ 60th st
$8 for 12 hours *including tax*
Free Shuttle Van goes as far south and east as 53rd and 5th

If you're in a rush, taking a cab to or from can still be cheaper than a central Midtown lot. And retrevial of your car is much faster than a busy garage. I've waited >30 minutes in central Midtown.

I only drive in Manhatten to cross it on my way back to PA. I take the train, I find it takes less time from Queens to do so. Even the walk to the station. I may drive into Manhatten, but only to drop off or pick up someone. I use to work a lot at Metro Tech in Brooklyn, there were two two street parking lots across Flatbush that cost me $10 a day. There gone now(replaced with high rises) and now to park, I have to use the underground garages at $17 mim. Bloomburg will get rid of the cars in Manhatten just by getting rid of the parking. Taking the train is the best option, except now I worry about towel heads with backpacks full of explosives.