On Outing Clients

wasn't directed at you......

personal info was posted and left up by tbd (supposedly of a bad client) and GC went and attempted to call that person at home.....

the info, the phone# at least was wrong.

i told both they were wrong.......and it got me booted from tbd (the first time)......

i told them so.

[Edited by Ozzy on 06-17-2001 at 02:48 AM]

Originally posted by slinkybender

if someone gives this info and commits some "misdeed" anyway, there's a good chance that they don't care about you having this info because it's not really theirs anyway. As a result, one should be careful about what they do with info from these persons, since there's a really good chance you will be harming some innocent third party by disseminating it on the web.
Well said SB, a VERY sobering thought... there have been quite a few "client alerts" posted on provider only message boards, one of which I run, however, it has been general policy NEVER to publically post "real" names and info other than a handle ... for this reason that SB illustrates above... that and it always amounts to one persons word against the others. Just remember that these boards can be "abused" and to take everything with a grain of salt.
Roberta
(back to lurk mode)