Obama's accomplishments

I'm hoping helping to get the Internet regulated as a utility will be a realized accomplishment. Other than that, can't think of much I would praise him for.
Really? You're hoping for the gov't to regulate the internet and consider that to be defined as an accomplishment ?

I assume you are too young to remember before the telephone industry was deregulated and a telephone call from NY to CA would run $3 per minute (in 1950's dollars!)and you had to rent your phones from the phone company (any color you wanted as long as it was black). The rules were that you couldn't connect anything to the phone lines - so a non-telephone co answering machine consisted of a mechanical device that had a microphone that activated a box that when it heard the phone ring, physically lifted the handset up and started a recorder and then when the message was done physically lowered the handset back onto the phone base. No connection to the phone line. Ah - the good old days when the go'vt was there to protect us with regulation.

As for me - I'll let the various internet providers beat each others brains out thru competition w/o regulation.