NY Decriminalization? Coud it happen?

Very interesting article. Half way through it brings up my main concern. Although the police have stopped arresting the providers several people in the article advocate for going after the customers. Decriminalizing the sale of sex stills leaves the purchase as unlawful.
If there is any follow up to this, which I am sure there will be ( headline grab for political purposes etc) the John’s will be targeted… No one will want to take responsibility for further “harassing” these “poor victimized women” even further

Think of it this way. If everything were to become legal, think of all the new pussy that would come out to test the legal waters!!!

Single Moms wanting a second income.

Young dumb girls thinking this might be their career path.

Lonely wives wanting to fulfill their fantasies and not be afraid of getting arrested.

Even a few married women with loser husbands might jump in the game.

Pregnant girls whose SO’s ditched them with no income.

And maybe that hot midget milf whom I’ve been looking to scratch off my bucket list will come out wanting to make some cash…

Fuck Yeah!!! I’m all in!!

That Post article is filled with fear-mongering reactionary salaciousness and innuendo, without any real facts regarding "the [bad boy] pimps". (I guess, status quo for The Post).

These are real facts reported on??? - "Their pimps pull the strings from the shadows. "; "Apparent pimps and traffickers keep watch from flashy cars idling on the stretch, including a black Cadillac Escalade and a white Mercedes SUV. "

The article does move on to provide actual sources indicating that johns should be pursued to shut down such areas, but, there isn't much basis provided for that as being a way to reduce harmful sex-trafficking.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Notice how the photos chosen for the article make the girls look as white as possible? For guys currently cruising these strolls how accurately do these pics portray real life?

There are a bunch of Real Estate developers currently assembling sites in ENY. If there's "big problems" in an area it's a lot easier to get sympathy for Rezoning as a solution.

Notice how the photos chosen for the article make the girls look as white as possible? For guys currently cruising these strolls how accurately do these pics portray real life?

There are a bunch of Real Estate developers currently assembling sites in ENY. If there's "big problems" in an area it's a lot easier to get sympathy for Rezoning as a solution.
East new York has always been a big problem. Brownsville and ENY will never change.

That's exactly what happened with northern Williamsburg 25years ago. All the derelict warehouses were either torn down or rezoned to be "reborn" as condos. Once that happened, the local girls had to ply their trades somewhere else.

I remember what the neighborhood was like in the mid-70s, as I went to grade school on North 5th street. Even at that age, I knew it was a miserable neighborhood. Fast forward to 1999 just as the area was gentrifying, and my 96 Ford Contour parked on North 3rd Street off of Berry Street (which at the time was only warehouses on the block) was the cheapest car parked on the block. There were Saabs and Volvos galore.

ENY and Brownsville doesn't have the ability or opportunity to change (gentrify) like that, in my opinion. No big industrial area to change over, it's not two stops away from Manhattan like Williamsburg or Bushwick. Brownsville is 75% housing projects. Those are never going away.

Think of it this way. If everything were to become legal, think of all the new pussy that would come out to test the legal waters!!!

Single Moms wanting a second income.

Young dumb girls thinking this might be their career path.

Lonely wives wanting to fulfill their fantasies and not be afraid of getting arrested.

Even a few married women with loser husbands might jump in the game.

Pregnant girls whose SO’s ditched them with no income.

And maybe that hot midget milf whom I’ve been looking to scratch off my bucket list will come out wanting to make some cash…

Fuck Yeah!!! I’m all in!!
I'm happy tot know I'm not the only one looking to cross a midget off the bucket list. If you find one don't hold out and I will do the same

Exactly vacant lots just like it was in the 80's. The only people that will build and move in those areas are hasidic.
Developers have purchased most of them. No more 1 and 2 family homes. Large rental buildings are going up everywhere. It’s a no brainer due to prices and lending requirements. Rentals are the future.

Same demographic that is already in that neighborhood will move into those. It will all be section 8, it's The safest way to go in the #2 and #3 poorest neighborhoods in NYC.

Same demographic that is already in that neighborhood will move into those. It will all be section 8, it's The safest way to go in the #2 and #3 poorest neighborhoods in NYC.
Slowly it happens. Drive west from ENY train-station down Broadway or bushwick ave. Same on Rockaway ave and Fulton. The faces are a different demographic than you would encounter 5 years ago.

Many landlords don’t want sec8 or program now. You can’t discriminate but it’s not a first choice for many landlords anymore

Many landlords don’t want sec8 or program now. You can’t discriminate but it’s not a first choice for many landlords anymore
FWIW, a few years back I had a women (very low IQ but was a great worker, I actually was walking nearby where she was working and saw her squirming at her worktable. I went over and asked what was going on and she said that she had to pee but the 15 minute break period wasn't for another half hour. I said "for Christ sake — when you have to use the bathroom just get up and use the bathroom!"). Anyway she told me her life was being made miserable by her landlord. Turns out there was a light bulb out at the end of the stairway and she called up the county to complain. The county jumped all over the landlord. The landlord didn't appreciate it.

Slowly it happens. Drive west from ENY train-station down Broadway or bushwick ave. Same on Rockaway ave and Fulton. The faces are a different demographic than you would encounter 5 years ago.
You can't compare Broadway and Bushwick, to ENY or Brownsville. They aren't coming south or east of the interboro / Pennsylvania.