New York Oyster/Fish Shacks

Sometimes I go to Boston just for crabs!

How about Maine, Mass. and RI?
As for oysters, I had a best Kumamoto at Geisha's but this is more fancy place of cuisin than fish shuck...
Sometimes I crave New England style shuck and jump on amtrak for no reason...(bad biz manager ;p)
Barking Crab is the best! reasonable, down to earth menu and pricing, and best of all you can use hands!!
This may sound like I'm always eating with picnic comment and patio thread but... I'm a real woman who actually eat!

What is/was the name of the place on Long Beach Road on the Oceanside side of the Long Beach Bridge? (The truck/stand, not Jordan Lobster Farms)

You're not thinking of Lumers are you? It's a lobster shack in the Five Towns area off Rockaway Tpke a few miles past JFK's cargo area...

Where you're thinking of... wouldn't that be right near where the rock club "Spit" was? I don't recall any lobster joints over there.

There is one clam-seafood restaurant that comes to mind. While strictly speaking, it was in New Jersey, Hoboken to be exact, as it was only a block and a half from the PATH station in Hoboken; I think it was close enough.
It was the well-known Clam Broth House. Opened in 1899, it was closed down in 2004 due to structural damage, and then demolished later in 2004.
It was a landmark building. The Clam Broth House attracted more attention than usual, because of the giant hand-shaped signs. There were two giant hand-shaped signs, one hanging on the outside of the Clam Broth House that pointed downward towards the entrance, and one on a neighboring building (which is the only sign still there today). In addition, there was a third, smaller hand-shaped sign. The Clam Broth House opened in 1899. Through its 105-year history, the Clam Broth House gained a good reputation in Hoboken and out of Hoboken.
The Clam Broth House had a bar, at which you could eat and drink. There was also a section to the left of the bar, which offered the same menu as the bar with tables and chairs. There was also a much fancier section with linen table clothe, with a better, more expensive menu. Near the front of the bar was a large coffee, like urn, which contained rich clam broth for which the bar and restaurant were named. It was free, and you drink as much as you wanted.
Frank Sinatra, as a boy, lived in a walk-up apartment above the restaurant. For many years it was the only real reason to go to stop in Hoboken. Many Jersey commuters would stop here to eat and drink after a hard day in Manhattan.
I remember that up to the 60’s, clam eaters in the bar would throw the empty clamshells on the floor of the bar. The staff would throw sawdust on the floor. The ground up clamshells and sawdust gave the place a rather unique feel and smell. The local Health Authorities put a stop to that practice in the 60’s

a new place worth visiting

being a New England boy myself , I have longed for an old fashioned clam shack, and there is a relatively new restaurant called Black Pearl on 26th st. between 6th ave, and Broadway. Decent Lobster Rolls for $20, and Fried Clams with bellys for less than $20. They also have a great deal at Happy Hour at the bar - -from 5-7pm, clams and oysters at the bar are only $1 each, and the quality is excellent.

I thought raw clams on the half shell was the closest thing to pussy.

I actually made an old GF toss chunks on my dashboard and windshield when I took her for clams in Rockaway back in the 80's after a night of drinking at a local rock club. We stopped at the clam shack at 3am and after 20 minutes of trying to convince her to try one, she put it in her mouth and just as she bit down and stated chewing it... I told her "now you know what I go thru when I get between your legs"....

She threw up before I even finished the sentence.

I actually made an old GF toss chunks on my dashboard and windshield when I took her for clams in Rockaway back in the 80's after a night of drinking at a local rock club. We stopped at the clam shack at 3am and after 20 minutes of trying to convince her to try one, she put it in her mouth and just as she bit down and stated chewing it... I told her "now you know what I go thru when I get between your legs"....

The next time you “Dine at the Y”, don’t forget the cocktail sauce.

Live Bait

The food is just phenomenal at Live Bait. It's a down home red neck type place that looks like a bar. The seating is in the back, wow what a surprise! A plus is the great looking girls working and hanging out there. If you catch it at the right time, it's pretty good.

Do you think it was the food, or the suggestion that you put in her mind right at that moment?