New Music you've come to appreciate

Looking for something new (or new to you)?

Chris Thile (of Nickel Creek)'s "All who wander are not lost"

All instrumental: fusion of bluegrass, jazz and classical. Includes amazing Mandolin playing by Chris and an assortment of masters playing banjo, sax, guitar and various strings.

No irritating vocals

Some incredible work on this one hour of music collection

Anyone else have a title to suggest?

Categories

New Song: Matchbox 20 - "Disease" (I do not know if it has been overplayed int he US, but it has not made it over to Denmark yet, so I still like it)

Best New Twist: Yes - "Leave It" I have had the album since it first came out. However I just discovered a version of the song without the music. Absolutely tremendous

Best rediscovery - Some of the songs from the Grand Theft Auto Playstation Game:

ELO - "Four Little Diaminds"
Buggles "Video killed the Radio Star"

I'm not one for the new music these days but I've really gotten into System of a Down lately. They have a certain classic rock vibe with modern tones. I downloa.....I mean I bought their latest CD. It's good stuff!

I've also gotten into Classical Music (bach, beethoven, etc...) with a modern twist. One of my favorites is BOND. 4 very HOT aussie and british girls. 2 violins, 1 Viola and a cello. They're back up musicians are a full orchestra and a DJ. I heard a cover they did of Zepplin's Stairway to Heaven that blew me away and I've been hooked ever since. They have two albums. Bond (self titled) and Smile. Both worth buying.

Norah's a little hot*ie. She's like the kind of girl you wanted hanging out in the dorm-room next door. Very shy and sweet, at least the one time I was hovering around in her vicinity.

Yeah, and the Flaming Lips rule. Great bunny suits!

Last edited:
Originally posted by oddfellow4870
Chris Thile (of Nickel Creek)'s "All who wander are not lost"

This is actually part of a poem contained in Book 1 (Fellowship) of Lord of the Rings which was contained in a letter from Gandalf to Frodo describing Strider the Ranger (Aragorn).

Nothing is original these days.

Guano Apes, out of Germany, I heard them a while back and was blown away. Album is called, "Proud like a G-d", the girl who sings is brilliant. For something a little more in the mellow area, Kate Bush, " The Whole Story", great lyrics, and great music.

Butch Walker/Marvelous 3

A friend of mine got me hooked on a band called the Marvelous 3. It seems they may have had their 15 minutes of fame with a tune called "Freak Of The Week" a few years ago. They have recently disbanded and the lead singer has set out on a solo career. Actually he's playing at the Village Underground next Sunday.

Also been listening to Peter Gabriel's latest "Low".

Re: Re: New Music you've come to appreciate

Originally posted by SkellyChamp
This is actually part of a poem contained in Book 1 (Fellowship) of Lord of the Rings which was contained in a letter from Gandalf to Frodo describing Strider the Ranger (Aragorn).

Nothing is original these days.
The album gives the credit.

This album is very original.