Natural Fatburners that REALLY Work

Two weeks and counting and I've lost NINE (9) pounds.Number one- I've been doing cardio religiously- at least 20 min. 4 x per week and I've cut the carbs in half. I've lost a few pounds before but NOT like this ! My problem is a very low tolerance for caffeine which nixes a lot of the best fat-burners out there like Trim Spa & HydroxyCut.But I read an article by an M.D. from Georgetown excerpted from his book and I'm taking 4 out of the 5 things he recommends.

Hydroxycitrate- 30 to 60 minutes BEFORE every meal
CLA Tonalin with EVERY meal.
Green Tea Extract
Chromium Picolinate

He also recommends starch blockers but I can do without the digestive side-effects.

Give it a try guys. It's working great for me.

Last edited:
I'm not sure exactly HOW it's working. It might be the combination of stuff. All I know is that it's working and there haved been ZERO side effects.

I used to take chromium picolanate religiously. I always felt more energetic and had less desire to eat. Then I read somewhere about some negative effect that an abundance of chromium could lead to. The same article mentioned how any positive results were most likely psychological and were not the result of taking chromium. I wish I could find this article because now I'm wondering why I stopped.

Sambucca,

Congrats on the loss. I think the 20 minutes 4 x a week and the cutting of carbs is the reason for your loss. The effect of those supplements is minimal at best. The formula for losing weight is easy, diet and exercise. Following the formula is hard. I've lost 18 lbs since Jan 8th. All by the same as you. Minimal carbs at night, a lot of protein, and working out 5 times a week, sometimes 6.

How much?

Hydroxycitrate- 30 to 60 minutes BEFORE every meal
CLA Tonalin with EVERY meal.
Green Tea Extract
Chromium Picolinate

Good 411 but you didn't mention how much of each? Chromium Picolinate 200mg 400mg?? Also, anyone out there, doesn't chromium pic have something to do with controling your glucose?

Studman- Chromium Picolinate DOES control blood sugar and regulate insulin level.I'm taking 500 micrograms per day; 1 Green Tea extract with the highest dose I could find ( I think it's 250 mg.) and the Hydroxycitrate & Tonalin 3x a day.Just get a reputable brand and follow the label directions.

Treborny- not so fast sir. I didn't start out as a couch potatoe.I've been eating sensibly and working out regularly for years and still started growing
a belly in the last 4 or 5 years- I'm hitting middle age (sigh) testosterone production is declining ( sniff ) and the old metabolism is slowing down (sigh).

I've dieted and exercised before AND lost weight but NEVER this much, this fast.NINE pounds in TWO weeks ! I'm sure it's the combo of all three- diet,exercise AND the fat-burners.

Aceofclubs26- Ah, the Registered Dieticians rear their fat, ugly heads once again. The pushers of the U.S.D.A. food pyramid to a country that is obese
and with epidemic rates of Type 2 diabetes; the ones responsible for those delicious meals served in hospitals and SCHOOLS; the ones who NEVER met a dietary supplement that they've liked.

Question- if Registered Dieticians know anything about GOOD nutrition; why are so many of them OVERWEIGHT ????? I was at a hotel once while they were having a seminar- it was HILARIOUS ! Diet "professionals" waddling around.Now some were certainly svelte and fit but many were OBESE !Most got their degrees from schools FUNDED by the American FOOD INDUSTRY !;were TAUGHT by professors dependent on the FOOD INDUSTRY for their grants and fellowships.

Sorry ACE. Nothing personal but you're going to have to do a lot better than the RDA = Registered Dieticians Association.

Btw, every year these ignorami try to get State legislatures to give THEM a monopoly on nutritional education.

Don't shoot the messenger

Look...I was just posting some of the things that I found with a quick search. There was a pretty interesting article that I saved a hard copy of years ago and I could not find it. I posted other articles that communicated a similar message. UC Berkley isn't exactly a school thats known for putting out false information.

I've posted a few articles that shed some light on the negative. All you've countered with is your theory. Post some articles noting the positives and I'll give your side of the argument more credibility.

The fact is there hasn't been a single study done that has found a positive link between chromium picolinate and weight loss/muscle gain. Most things I have read have led me to believe that the form of chromium on the market is more harmful than good due to the picolinate. Some of these articles have even listed foods where you could obtain chromium naturally through diet.
So would you say that the picolinate is what's helping you lose weight? I know you won't find a single study claiming that.

WRONG ! I'm rushed for time and I'm a total lame at quoting & linking BUT the literature (Peer Review ****nals in MEDICINE ) sre FULL of articles supporting chromium as an essential factor in blood sugar & insulin levels. Two caveats-the jury is out on whether it actually helps you burn fat and Chromium CAN be
toxic at too high a level.
Let's be clear- I was NOT attacking you; only the dieticians.

Help!

I take 200 mg of Chromium Picolinate daily to help my blood sugar. A blood test recently revealed that it was on the high side but not diabetic. Based upon all of the input here, I'm confused! Should I increase the dosage to 400 mg, keep it at 200 or stop taking it at all based upon some of the articles?? FYI no, I am not overweight by any means. As to my diet, it could be better but isn't totally bad though I have a propensity for deserts...cookies and cake.

WRONG ! I'm rushed for time and I'm a total lame at quoting & linking BUT the literature (Peer Review ****nals in MEDICINE ) sre FULL of articles supporting chromium as an essential factor in blood sugar & insulin levels. Two caveats-the jury is out on whether it actually helps you burn fat and Chromium CAN be
toxic at too high a level.
Let's be clear- I was NOT attacking you; only the dieticians.
No offense taken Sambucca! Just a spirited debate.....Like I said earlier, I was a big fan of Chromium Picolinate until I started to see more and more articles on the subject and thought it may all be in my head. I took away the chromium and kept up the diet and working out and I saw the same changes.

smileee - I would think the best person to consult is your doctor and not any of us.

aceofclubs

smileee - I would think the best person to consult is your doctor and not any of us.

I agree with you, except just as we have mongering lawyers, maybe we have some mongering physicians, dieticians, etc. It is also interesting to get input from you mongers who have such devisive opinions on most everything! However, I found that my doctors are not always totally up on all the supplements, just the most popular...Saw Palmetto, glucosomine, Msn, etc.

Smilee- your doctor may NOT be the best person to ask. Most, physicians are too conventional, shockingly so and actually know very little about nutrition & supplements- Nutrition is STILL an elective at almost every
Medical School in the U.S. Most internists and diabetologists do NOT know about chromium and GTF ( glucose tolerance factor ).
All that being said, find a medical doctor who DOES know. In Manhattan-
Howard Bezoza; Fred Vagnini; Dana Cohen. Look for "alternative practicioners" who are bd. certified in a recognized specialty- Internal Medicine; Cardiology; etc. They're out there.

Last edited:
slimcoffee

There's a product called slimcoffee which has green tea extract and Hoodia which has worked well for me, even without much exercising. I've lost about 5 pounds over the past couple of weeks.

I take 200 mg of Chromium Picolinate daily to help my blood sugar. A blood test recently revealed that it was on the high side but not diabetic. ....... Should I increase the dosage to 400 mg, ....based upon some of the articles?? .....I have a propensity for deserts...cookies and cake.
With all due respect, whenever I read something along the lines of what you posted I am just amazed.

Chromium is involved in the production of insulin and the release of glucose's energy from cells. Taking a chromium supplement will not increase the production of insulin unless your diet is deficient in chromium. Your body releases insulin from your pancreas in response to an elevated blood sugar level. Recent research does not support taking a chromium supplement for persons with diabetes or pre-diabetic insulin resistance.

Researchers have shown that chromium supplements damaged cell chromosomes which are the blueprints for a cell's function and reproduction. It is generally thought that cancer starts with a change to the genetic material in a cell causing it to grow and reproduce without restraint.