Memory Lane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atlantic Resources

Dear Rajah
In response to your question on the other thread:I found Atlantic Resources from New York Mag. in 1986 or 87 and indeed it was exactly where you remember it was, at 49th between 1st & 2nd. Incidentally that very same building is where Body Heat, (YUK), is or was when I went there for the last time a year ago.
I only recall going to that location once and I was lucky to meet a blond Deryl Hannah type beauty named Allison. I saw her a few times more at their next location on 50th St. She was a real doll and remains so to this day. She retired from the business in the mid 90’s but makes an occasional return now and then when she’s in a pinch. She’s a little zaftig, (spelling), now but still sweet like the night I first met her. The 50th St. A.R. location was a much nicer place. One of there star performers was a girl named Natalie. She was very, very petite, maybe 5’1”, had black henna hair and HUGE breasts. Word was that she had posed for Playboy. Just last year I saw her picture, from that spread, in Helmut Newton’s book, SUMO. Natalie was notorious for being a bitch and I can verify that from first hand experience. A.R. has been a closed membership house for years now and still in the same neighborhood.
Rajah, if you feel that I qualify for the information on Overtures please let me know. Last time I checked my e-mail button was on. If not please ask SB to forward you message.
Sincerely,
Optimist

This thread has become such a repository of history that to keep it all in one place I am copying the following posts by various members from the "Facilities at Kamasutra and Jane's" thread (see also Optimist's post above):

From Rajah, directed to LukeWarm and Optimist:

The name Atlantic Resources is a vague memory. Was it the place back in the 1970s and 1980s on 49th between 1st and 2d, south side of the block--a door or two from where the big new German Generalkonsulat (known in the neighborhood, they tell me, as the Kraut Haus) went up a year or so back? If so, I was never turned on that much by their service. There was a French provider there who retired from the floor and took over for a while as the madam of A Second Avenue Affair. Didn't realize they moved to 50th and had no idea they were still in business.

Overture is still in business; knowing the management from way back, she's a very firm lady and I wouldn't be surprised if she hadn't made it a closed club--didn't know, but I go way back with her so no problem for me I'm glad to say.

From LukeWarm:

Concerning "Atlantic Resources"

Dear Optimist:

Yes, that's the place! Facility-wise, I would rate it among the top 3 places of all time. You had an entire studio apartment for your use -- which lent itself to all manner of possibilities. I had numerous sessions there in the 70s-80s with Tina, a very bosomy (and rather outrageous) Italian lass from Staten Island. Here we're talking the pre-implants era, of course. Also had several sessions with another very busty provider named Samantha, who consistently delivered what I still rank as one of the Top 5 BBBJs of all time. And then there was Damie and Charlie and Mariella . . .

From Oldhoward

Ah fond memories of Atlantic . The first place that I went to when I moved to the New York area. Still the one that I use as a benchmark to compare others with. Very lovely and safe setting awith very pretty girls. My best being with a girl by the name of Karen, blonde with a beautiful body. Though so long ago I can still remember the session clearly.

From mchecks 57:

I first went there when they opened in the early 80's. Great girls, great time.

Rajah
BTW Julie is an alumnus of Atlantic Resources.

Also this thread makes very good reading on this subject and that era.

http://www.utopiaguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3480&perpage=30&highlight=Forgot&pagenumber=2

-Optimist

Thanks Optimist, good to have that link to keep all this stuff together.

If this thread ever finishes we ought to send it to the New-York Historical Society or the Museum of the City of New York or some such. I'm dead serious, social historians would kill to get this kind of stuff about the 1920s
or 1990s or whenever.

Meanwhile some additional memories just kicked in which I'll post later.

Julie's pedigree

Julie is also an alum of Isabella's Erotic Paradise (which rather says it all), which was in a nice duplex apartment above a nail salon on 2nd Avenue around 54th-55th Streets.

Isabella's Erotic Paradise???

LW, Are you certain about the location? Back in the early 90’s I used to visit a duplex on 53rd & 2nd above a pizza shop. Am I mixing the two up or was that another agency?
-Optimist

You got it,, Optimist!

Dear Optimist:

You're right on the mark. When I said "around 54th-55th Streets" I meant the general vicinity, as opposed to the exact location. If you say it was near 53rd, then I believe it. And you're right about the pizza place. I walked by several weeks ago. The pizza place was still there. But wasn't there also a nail place? Or did you pass it on the steps as walked up to Isabella's. Can't remember. Maybe I'm confused on that point. In any event, I had some wonderful sessions there -- especially in the upstairs bedroom. Who did you see? With some exceptions, they had very busty providers.

pswope

One out of three
isabellas

Place was managed by a big haired brunette named Maria,who used to wear glittery hi-top Chuck Taylor cons. The madame was Israeli,I believe ,and the nail salon was on the 2nd floor as you came upstairs.
Saw my first lady w/ fake boobs there, a great looking redhead from jersey.

(BTW- Back then, I didn't know that any of these places had names. It was only after the advent of whorebaords that I discovered they all did)

Does anyone remember this place?

It was located on 51st or 53rd, anyway the block ran east- west between 2nd and 3rd. It was a townhome next to a laundromat There was a restaurant on the Northeast corner of 3rd ave and you had to ascend 3 flights of stairs.

Once you were there you walked into the living room where there was a desk where the phone girl sat. There would be 3 or 4 ladies sitting on the couch and 2 or 3 more in session.

You would be introduced to the ladies and told about the others that were in session. You would sit in the living room with the other hobbyiests waiting to see all the girls that were available.

This was the place that I used to frequent during the 80's early 90's. They are no longer there.

Ladies were very attractive and for 1.2$ for the hour a great value.

New girls would arrive every now and then, however some regulars were always present. Don't know if the place had a name.

I met a girl named Chantal who used to work there, she was a hottie!

Isabella's

Dear pswope:

Before the advent of the Internet, sex papers were a principal means of provider advertising. One of the better ones was a Joe Rose publication called New York Action (which I believe is still around in name but under new management -- but I could be wrong). Anyway, "Isabella's Erotic Paradise" was the name that that establishment used when they advertised in NY Action. And that is how I learned of the place.

Names, Names, Names?

(BTW- Back then, I didn't know that any of these places had names. It was only after the advent of whorebaords that I discovered they all did) [/B]

I’m going to try my elephant gun approach of asking questions. I had a lot of good times in these places about 1991 - 95. Does anybody else remember them and know their names?

•A ground floor duplex, (the gated door was under the front steps) at 26th between Lex and 3rd.
•A triplex on 28th between Lex and 3rd. They had a petite brunette named Lydia who I was wild about,(she had a tattoo on her shoulder that read, “Jenny & Tommy Forever”).
•An apartment on 22nd between 1st & 2nd that was run by older and worn -out looking woman with dirty hair and missing teeth. I would see her on the phones at other locations later but don’t remember where.
•And a favorite of mine on 3rd Ave. between 37th & 38th on the third floor. I remember they would call the elevator from their floor to bring you up. You could not get up there any other way. They had a girl named Nina who actually was nice to me but had a terrible reputation for being withholding and demanding extra money during session. Later she became somewhat of a chain letter in the business. I saw her at BLANK,(the name escapes me...you know the two floor agency above the check cashing place on Lex between 27th & 28th), going under the name of Katherine,(still not bad to me). Years later I ran into her again at Ruby’s at 71st & B’way, still Katherine. The years and mileage caught up with her, she was angry and overweight, and I had with one of the most ugliest sessions ever with a provider ever. Wow...listen to me. I guess I’m still a little angry about it myself.

In most cases I think the names were given not by the places themselves but by publications like Screw and Action.

Anybody remember a place (don't think it had a name) on 2d Avenue, just north of the northwest corner of 50th, over a restaurant called The Little Club, restaurant premises now occupied by a Thai restaurant called Pooket?

And there was a 1960s-vintage apartment building in the west 50s between 6th and 7th, the region sort of between the Hilton and Carnegie Hall, that must have had 8 or 9 different operations going in it. It's hard to remember now that in the 1960s and again in the mid to late 1970s landlords were begging you to take 6 months free rent to get you to sign a lease. Guess the landlord of that building was happy to take whatever tenants he could get.

There were lots of two-girl operations in those days--one on the phones and acting as the receptionist in the living room, one working in the bedroom. I recall one such on the top floor of a postwar highrise close to the river in the East 30s with a great view over toward the Queens side. There were many others, especially in the east 20s.

Remember how in those days the phone girls were like sideshow barkers? "We offer Straight, French, 69, Greek, Around the World, Come as many times as you want, we're in the East Forties near the UN, is that convenient for you?"

Fendy's

Daniel NYC, the place you are talking about was Fendy's. She was a busty 40ish latina with some great girls.I remember Chantal and another hot blonde latina Margarita.That was my favorite place for quite some time.

mcheck57--swing clubs

I remember a rather dreary one on an upper floor, I think on the north side of 44th between 5th and 6th--neighbor of the Harvard Club and the Algonquin. Never checked it out but once.

Optimist--

Optimist:

You mention a two-story agency above a check cashing place on Lex between 27th and 28th. I think I remember it. East side of Lex, closer to 28th, the front steps of the house made a sort of a bridge over the basement-level enterprise, the occasional loafer sat there and kibitzed the customers going in, they had an intercom in each room, right? I remember several good lookers there, including a very attractive and intelligent aspiring opera singer--often wondered what ever became of her.

Re: Optimist--

Originally posted by rajah
Optimist:

You mention a two-story agency above a check cashing place on Lex between 27th and 28th. I think I remember it. East side of Lex, closer to 28th, the front steps of the house made a sort of a bridge over the basement-level enterprise, the occasional loafer sat there and kibitzed the customers going in, they had an intercom in each room, right? I remember several good lookers there, including a very attractive and intelligent aspiring opera singer--often wondered what ever became of her.
Rajah
I was too lazy to search.
It was called Corporate Treasures.
Enclosed is yet another good nostalgia thread.

http://www.utopiaguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4903&highlight=corporate

Ciao for now,
Optimist

Status
Not open for further replies.