lookinfg for...........

bistro "bs"

EHHa, I can't see that you've offered much of anything in this whole thread, except to discount others' suggestions and opinions. After three pages, most of us still aren't really sure what it is you're looking for. Your last reply to Monk tells me you're looking for a place that is similar to a restaurant that I've never been to and that no longer exists as it was when you liked it--in other words, I still don't know what you're looking for. You continually feel the need to tell us you know the subject well. And as far as I can see, you've done that by telling us we're wrong about something, but without telling us what you think is "correct".

I do not pretend to be an expert in French food or French restaurants. I did at least offer a report of a French bistro (or whatever the hell you want to call it) in New York. It's not much of a review, but it's more than you've offered.

Did you really think you would win admirers with your pretentious and condescending posts?
so, instead of contributing by answering my questions to you, you choose to make your own condescending comments, as well as showing you are incapable of reading through the posts and understanding the format or the subject matter. you admit you are obviously not an expert in either french food, nor french restos, so why do you continue to flaunt your ignorance and simply take up space. i assume it's for some other purpose, obviously not to add anything constructive. to answer your infantile accusations is a complete waste of time. why you persist is odd, except to try to create some sort of controversy where none existed. it's people like to that ruin forums like this and discourage others from contributing. no where was i critical of anyone, and again "IF" you had taken the time, or were capable of remembering, you would have observed several times where i complimented others. i assume you were to wrapped up in awkward attempts to be heard. why do you even add comments?

for the moderator

I'm happy to see some impassioned discussion here, but as Moderator I have to tell you guys this is beginning to get past the point of usefulness.
thanks!! i have to admit even I was getting bored! what started as a simple topic truly interested in discussing french bistros in manhattan turned into something else, which is sad. anyway, rightfully, you have stepped in to put this to bed, and hopefully end the bickering back-&-forths. still don't know "IF" there will ever be a neighborhoodish-type french bistro near where i live, but thanks to some, at least will explore some that were discussed. merci et abientot