Life on other planets

You missed the point: there is no God needed to create the universe out of nothing
Re: relevant to the concept of God — if you want to know what will happen after you die consider this:

how did everything feel to you and what did you experience 10 years before you were born — well that's exactly how everything will feel to you and what you will experience 10 years after you die (and on to eternity).
You attempt to explain the beginnings of the universe with science and math. You are finite and so is your knowledge . A wise man knows what he doesn’t know.

What is God?
Do we want to go there….?
If you knew ,it would be you.

.....Oddly in the quantum world there is quantum entanglement where entangled quantum particles interact instantaneously no matter the distance between them, whether an inch or a billion light years. (Proven by experiments using atomic clocks on opposite sides of the planet). So how can one know what the other one is doing instantaneously, it's surely receiving information much faster than the speed of light....
Quantum entanglement has to do with something called wave function collapse. To put it as simple as possible, a characteristic, (lets say spin of an electron) of a particle can only be determined when it is measured. For this example, spin, a particle can have a 50% chance of one of two states, upward and downward and that state is only determined when it is measured. This is not like flipping a coin as quantum theory says that both states simultaneously exist (look up Schrodinger's cat) and when the spin is measured the wave function collapses such that only one state is determined.

Now in an electron pair one spin has to be downward and another upward. If you then separate those the electrons by, say a large distance, and measure the spin of one of the pair, the wave function describing the wave collapses (thus determining the spin state) and thus the spin of the other electron far away is determined instantaneously i.e., the opposite of the one you just measured. However, no information is transferred (thus maintaining speed of light) as both states simultaneously exist in the measured electron just before the measurement.
Einstein called this "spooky action at a distance" (actually the actual quote should be "spukhafte Fernwirkungen " as he spoke German which translates to spooky action at a distance.)

God gets a bad rap these days.

The great vast unknown, when experienced by the fortunate seer, free from all concepts, just needed a term to delineate that vast indescribable void, as opposed to matter.

Gave it a name. Some call it God, some call it tao, some call it the Great Spirit, Nirvana, satori, enlightenment, et cetera.

It is a nameless state that had to be named for the purposes of communication.

Once it was named, it became a target to be conceptualized, and attributes and forms were ascribed to it in an effort to describe the indescribable for proliferation of the teaching.

Thus, religions were formed, and the concept of “God” became the center of attention and worship.

Once the seer left and could no longer elucidate his experience, the students of the seer, never having experienced the reality behind the concept, became the blind leading the blind.

.....Gave it a name. Some call it God, some call it tao, some call it the Great Spirit, Nirvana, satori, enlightenment, et cetera.
Some call it physics

Thus, religions were formed, and the concept of “God” became the center of attention and worship.
Yup, some how people had to explain the unexplained. The also had to come down from the mountain top with a set of rules that were needed so the people in one's tribe or village could live together in reasonable harmony.

Once the seer left and could no longer elucidate his experience, the students of the seer, never having experienced the reality behind the concept, became the blind leading the blind.
Actually, IMHO, the students of the seer just became the professional religious class.

pokler

Power Bottom
Actually I was baptized catholic and went to elementary parochial school. I kinda lost interest in the whole system when I realized that their scientific method consisted of rapping me on my knuckles until I agreed with what they were saying.
Like " pain will lead to pleasure " ?

Quantum entanglement has to do with something called wave function collapse. To put it as simple as possible, a characteristic, (lets say spin of an electron) of a particle can only be determined when it is measured. For this example, spin, a particle can have a 50% chance of one of two states, upward and downward and that state is only determined when it is measured. This is not like flipping a coin as quantum theory says that both states simultaneously exist (look up Schrodinger's cat) and when the spin is measured the wave function collapses such that only one state is determined.

Now in an electron pair one spin has to be downward and another upward. If you then separate those the electrons by, say a large distance, and measure the spin of one of the pair, the wave function describing the wave collapses (thus determining the spin state) and thus the spin of the other electron far away is determined instantaneously i.e., the opposite of the one you just measured. However, no information is transferred (thus maintaining speed of light) as both states simultaneously exist in the measured electron just before the measurement.
Einstein called this "spooky action at a distance" (actually the actual quote should be "spukhafte Fernwirkungen " as he spoke German which translates to spooky action at a distance.)
And you say all of this for what exactly?

Actually I was baptized catholic and went to elementary parochial school. I kinda lost interest in the whole system when I realized that their scientific method consisted of rapping me on my knuckles until I agreed with what they were saying.
Ahhhhh so this is the reason.

Some call it physics

Yup, some how people had to explain the unexplained. The also had to come down from the mountain top with a set of rules that were needed so the people in one's tribe or village could live together in reasonable harmony.

Actually, IMHO, the students of the seer just became the professional religious class.
Years removed from the original seer who became freed of concepts, his utterances became codified and worshipped.

(definitely not his intention, but a last gasp effort by ignorant followers to preserve his message, and possibly a living, and a way of life)

So aptly put by you, the “professional religious class.”

The teachings during the seer’s lifetime were more so methods and practices, not blind worship and ritual, and never termed “religion.”

The seer’s methods and practices did involve rules and codes of conduct to accomplish certain ends, that being the art of seeing clearly the universe, devoid of concepts which alter perception.

The disciplines used in religions, are not unlike rules in any other organization focused on achieving a goal.

Imagine a military without rules and discipline. Or, for that matter, imagine running a McDonalds or a sports franchise without rules and disciplines.

Some form of structure had to be established by the seer in order to house and guide his students who choose to follow without coercion.

The only problem with religion is that the rules and disciplines were misused by selfish, devious minds, no longer aimed at the goal of transitioning from an imposed disciplined mind, to the arrival at the unfettered mind of a seer. Instead, the rules were redirected to maintain patronage, allegiance and dedication to the religious organization’s health, profits and growth.

True religions by true seers were only a means to an end. The seers were not corrupt. Their survivors were good businessmen and skilled in the art of cunningly using religion to promise people eternal happiness in exchange for enrollment and membership.

If you read the works of any great sage or seer, you will see how simple, practical and non-religious they really are.

When a teaching is extremely aged, translated from its original language and culture, there is bound to be confusion, mistranslation, and misunderstanding.

Foreign works are never a direct translation. They are subjected to interpretation. To quote them exactly is a recipe for disaster.

A completely free and unfettered mind, devoid of concepts, is the most powerful instrument for understanding the universe. Well beyond the man-made sciences and technology.

All science and technology is a compensation needed by a mind still bound to concepts, beliefs, and habits of perception.

Years removed from the original seer who became freed of concepts, his utterances became codified and worshipped.

(definitely not his intention, but a last gasp effort by ignorant followers to preserve his message, and possibly a living, and a way of life)

So aptly put by you, the “professional religious class.”

The teachings during the seer’s lifetime were more so methods and practices, not blind worship and ritual, and never termed “religion.”

The seer’s methods and practices did involve rules and codes of conduct to accomplish certain ends, that being the art of seeing clearly the universe, devoid of concepts which alter perception.

The disciplines used in religions, are not unlike rules in any other organization focused on achieving a goal.

Imagine a military without rules and discipline. Or, for that matter, imagine running a McDonalds or a sports franchise without rules and disciplines.

Some form of structure had to be established by the seer in order to house and guide his students who choose to follow without coercion.

The only problem with religion is that the rules and disciplines were misused by selfish, devious minds, no longer aimed at the goal of transitioning from an imposed disciplined mind, to the arrival at the unfettered mind of a seer. Instead, the rules were redirected to maintain patronage, allegiance and dedication to the religious organization’s health, profits and growth.

True religions by true seers were only a means to an end. The seers were not corrupt. Their survivors were good businessmen and skilled in the art of cunningly using religion to promise people eternal happiness in exchange for enrollment and membership.

If you read the works of any great sage or seer, you will see how simple, practical and non-religious they really are.

When a teaching is extremely aged, translated from its original language and culture, there is bound to be confusion, mistranslation, and misunderstanding.

Foreign works are never a direct translation. They are subjected to interpretation. To quote them exactly is a recipe for disaster.

A completely free and unfettered mind, devoid of concepts, is the most powerful instrument for understanding the universe. Well beyond the man-made sciences and technology.

All science and technology is a compensation needed by a mind still bound to concepts, beliefs, and habits of perception.
Some people put their faith in man ,some in science.Both will disappoint you.

You're lucky. I got slapped in the face a few times with a few bloody noses. My parents were fine with it. That certainly wouldn't happen today.

Some people put their faith in man ,some in science.Both will disappoint you.
100% true. In the end, you must be your own revelator.

However, if you be so fortunate as to discover a path or a guide who has successfully accomplished what you desire, you might save yourself years of reinventing the wheel.

No harm in taking a few pointers.

You're lucky. I got slapped in the face a few times with a few bloody noses. My parents were fine with it. That certainly wouldn't happen today.
I got a metal ruler rapped across my chest from a tough journeyman Catholic nun.

It was aimed for the side of my head, but I used to watch Muhammad Ali crane his neck back and avoid head shots. It worked.

But, seeing she missed me, she came back and got in some body shots with the metal ruler, as I was hunched over, before calling my mother, and it became a tag team beating on me.

The alleged charges were that myself and a couple of other male perverts were standing under the stairway when the girls were marching back from gym class, looking under their skirts.

Thus, my conversion into eastern mysticism. Seemed like a safer path.

I was only in 1st couple of elementary grades and school was run by nuns. This was the S Bronx before it turned to shit ( I used to walk several blocks to school, by my self, with lunch bag and milk money in my pocket and never had a problem (cops don't even walk by themselves in that area now ). Anyway class size was 50-60 students segregated by sex and these nuns had to be (and were ) tough to maintain order.No punches only knuckle wraps

BTW, 1st time I saw a teacher punch a student was in public HS during 60's. This was 10th grade science class and kid was giving teacher lip during class. Teacher was one of my football coaches and this was really, really, wrong move to make. Teacher asked me and kid to stay until all others left and before new class started. He walked up to the kid not saying a thing, one-two punched him twice in the chest knocking the wind out of him. When the kid caught his breath the teacher said "do we understand each other" Kid nodded yes.
I think teacher kept me in the class as I would back him up as he was one of my football coaches and when the kid told his wiseguy friends I would verify that it happened as there was no marks on him. Never a problem thereafter with the kid or the other idiots.

This would never happen today.

As far as not happening today something to think about: A large percentage of teachers and management (principals, asst principals, board of ed members) came out of WWII and the younger ones from Korean War getting their college education paid for by the GI Bill.

They saw and did things that young men should have to see and do and there was no PTSD treatments offered back then. They were going to be damned of they were going to take shit from guys just a few years younger than what they were when they were require to serve.

The only think worse than getting punched by those guys was having your father (in same category as the teachers) find out what happened to you when you got home.

As far as not happening today something to think about: A large percentage of teachers and management (principals, asst principals, board of ed members) came out of WWII and the younger ones from Korean War getting their college education paid for by the GI Bill.

They saw and did things that young men should have to see and do and there was no PTSD treatments offered back then. They were going to be damned of they were going to take shit from guys just a few years younger than what they were when they were require to serve.

The only think worse than getting punched by those guys was having your father (in same category as the teachers) find out what happened to you when you got home.
Corporal punishment was always around until replaced with time outs. I bet even Aristotle whacked Alexander a few times.