Life on other planets

I was lucky in that in eight years of Catholic school, I only ever had one nun as a teacher, Sister Olive. She was on an exchange program from Belfast. She was sweet but no-nonsense teacher. She never raised her hand or ruler to anyone, she treated everyone fairly and was respected by the 7th and 8th grade students she taught. She's definitely in my top five teachers of all time, and quite frankly, I had some spectacular teachers, especially in high school. Sister Olive, I hope that wherever you are, you're happy.

Best explanation I've seen in layman terms, i.e., for anyone w/o a background of the mathematics and physics of the subject.
Thanks.
Should be interesting to see how Elizabeth Fernandez treats the follow on.
She has a podcast SparkDialog Podcasts that I may checkout.

Ps although she seems like a real nerd, in my personal experiences the wield-est sex I've had (during legit dating when I was single) was with really intelligent women.

Fascinating podcast - Joe Rogan and (Lt.) Ryan Graves ... check it out, gentlemen!

The matter-of-fact voice of Ryan as he chatted about some pretty intriguing stuff ... added to the cool and awesomeness, I thought.

V

Have to allow for the time phasing of civilizations. Ours only reached the technology for interstellar communication in the last 100 years.
Others may have peaked and declined.
Universe 13.6 billion years old, our planet about 4 billion years old., mankind a few hundred thousand at best.

Yea, maybe I'm off topic on this thread a bit as this is about "life on other planets".

Just found it fascinating that the podcast discussed the existence of what appears to be "non-human intelligence" on our own ... not talking about animals and birds of course, lol!

V

Have to allow for the time phasing of civilizations. Ours only reached the technology for interstellar communication in the last 100 years.
Others may have peaked and declined.
Universe 13.6 billion years old, our planet about 4 billion years old., mankind a few hundred thousand at best.
The time phasing aspect is, IMHO, the most unappreciated hindrance to communications with, if they even exist, other civilizations in the universe.

Well……. I do believe there is life on other planets. There has to be… I also believe that there’s life that’s just as intelligent as us (maybe even more intelligent). The universe is so huge (it’s infinite), you have to be naive not to believe it.

But I also believe that it’s an absolute impossibility for us to ever get in contact with these other forms of life. There’s no time travel. No teleportation . No worm holes. There’s no warp fucking speed… So even if you made a ship to get you there, you’ll never live long enough to make the trip…………

And that’s my 2 cents on this topic…..

If you can exist. Say it you are made by God or by evolution… what make you say others can’t exist.
Life is everywhere. It’s just we don’t know how make that long distance call.

Amazingly, science endlessly directs their efforts exclusively focused on the physical universe for the ultimate answers and the source of creation.

When it is clear that what lies before us remains in the realm of “effect,” and never “cause.”

Is it remotely possible that what we see in the universe is a shared projection of our own consciousness?

And, if that be true, would it not be wise to redirect our search inward to the possible source of the manifested universe?

The quotes below by Sir Albert Einstein, reveals that as well as studying the extremes of matter, he eventually turned his attention to an inward search.

SIR ALBERT EINSTEIN: “If the moon, in the act of completing its eternal way around the earth, were gifted with self-consciousness, it would feel thoroughly convinced that it was traveling its way of its own accord on the strength of a resolution taken once and for all. So would a Being, endowed with higher insight and more perfect intelligence, watching man and his doings, smile about man's illusion that he was acting according to his own free will.”

SIR ALBERT EINSTEIN:
“As higher states of consciousness develop, we come to recognize, as a direct experience, the ultimate unity of life, the reality that everything in the universe is nothing other than an experience of our own Self, infinite and eternal.”

SIR ALBERT EINSTEIN:
“A human being is a part of the whole called by us, universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”