LIE in the daily news

Status
Not open for further replies.
the article is a joke..no address was ever posted..the admin and moderators, some of who you know on this site would not allow it..and noone took morrie personally..it's a character he plays on the internet like some guys on this site play black ghetto men he plays an italian mobster..plus the article said she hadnt been seen since 9/09 and he "had her taken care of" months prior..so it was all talk that wasn't taken seriously excepy by police to help build up their overtime..now thats crime, police acting on tips to get additional tax dollars...this is not even news..how did the daily news get hold of this

and noone took morrie personally
Apparently, law enforcement did. Whether it was serious or not is irrelevant, if a threat was posted LE is not going to ignore it. I think it's exceedingly stupid to post on the Internet in this fashion, because you are essentially begging someone to investigate you if something should happen to the person who was allegedly threatened.

If the same make believe threat was posted about some form of terrorism as a joke it would get investigated. Do you think LE is paid to have a sense of humor or to investigate what appears to be a posted threat?

As the saying goes, what the Internet does is make smart people smarter and dumb people louder. And sometimes it is not so good to be so loud, because the LE will hear you.

Last edited:
Apparently, law enforcement did. Whether it was serious or not is irrelevant, if a threat was posted LE is not going to ignore it. I think it's exceedingly stupid to post on the Internet in this fashion, because you are essentially begging someone to investigate you if something should happen to the person who was allegedly threatened.

If the same make believe threat was posted about some form of terrorism as a joke it would get investigated. Do you think LE is paid to have a sense of humor or to investigate what appears to be a posted threat?

As the saying goes, what the Internet does is make smart people smarter and dumb people louder. And sometimes it is not so good to be so loud, because the LE will hear you.
As there are people throughout the hobby community that say they are grabbing at straws, well, maybe but this is a pretty serious and unsolved matter. Summer is around the corner and closing beaches during an investigation will make this a bigger story.

On a different note, reporters in general are sometimes better investigators than LE, so expect them to continue "grabbing at straws".

scott..isnt the expression "grasping at straws" not grabbing at straws..now you can scold me for grasping at straws.. btw did u ever see may at 4160 merrick rd

fu2

no coincidence..the admin is scared..the site is not worth his aggravation..even though he's protected by the first ammendment

fu2
You know for sure LIE was taken down by the admin?

The page says excessive bandwidth usage. It happens when too may hits happen all at once.

no muff..not sure at all..this is great publicity for his site...and it's in le's best interest to keep these sites open as new people who join might know something about the gilgo murders..police dept should question who in their system gave this info to the daily news..or maybe they want publicity for these whore sites hoping the gilgo guy if not a member already might be inclined to join

fu2

no muff..not sure at all..this is great publicity for his site...and it's in le's best interest to keep these sites open as new people who join might know something about the gilgo murders..police dept should question who in their system gave this info to the daily news..or maybe they want publicity for these whore sites hoping the gilgo guy if not a member already might be inclined to join

fu2
This guy is a cold calculating serial killer. I doubt he socializes here. He is probably a loner/loser just like Rifkin and Schulman,

This guy is a cold calculating serial killer. I doubt he socializes here. He is probably a loner/loser just like Rifkin and Schulman,
this story gets more interesting every day. i however do not believe he will ever be caught. i believe he is a complete loner. the real question is why. was it because he has no ability to get women on his own and figures this is the easiest way to get back at them or did he have a bad experience with a hooker(got std, ruined marriage, got robbed) and wants revenge on their industry. i doubt time will ever tell.

this story gets more interesting every day. i however do not believe he will ever be caught. i believe he is a complete loner. the real question is why. was it because he has no ability to get women on his own and figures this is the easiest way to get back at them or did he have a bad experience with a hooker(got std, ruined marriage, got robbed) and wants revenge on their industry. i doubt time will ever tell.
they will catch him. There has to be a ton of forensic evidence.

So, not only do we have to contend with the fact that LE is reading these boards, but so is the press? Makes you want to post, doesnt it?
I think we all knew this anyway. You don't think some "reporters" are members? remember this site being mentioned on Howard? Sal is probably a member everywhere.

It's unfortunate he's being singled out, I took what he said as harmless, but LE must investigate such a threat even though a threat like that doesn't constitute him turning into a serial killer.

And it reinforces the advice to re-read your post before you press submit. I find myself guilty of pressing submit before i re-read, so hopefully these events will serve as a reminder.

It's unfortunate he's being singled out, I took what he said as harmless, but LE must investigate such a threat even though a threat like that doesn't constitute him turning into a serial killer.

yes.. but why does the media have to write about it..let the police follow up their leads without having the daily news writing about every lead the police get..now everone is trying to get on the lie site to get the info we've been giving and getting for years..all the newbies are clogging the system and if i remember his software system is not the best

fu2

yes.. but why does the media have to write about it..let the police follow up their leads without having the daily news writing about every lead the police get..now everone is trying to get on the lie site to get the info we've been giving and getting for years..all the newbies are clogging the system and if i remember his software system is not the best

fu2
Well, heres the thing. Either one of the writers, or one of the writers friends is a member or would have no idea that thread existed.

Believe it or not, the rat is one of us.

Well, heres the thing. Either one of the writers, or one of the writers friends is a member or would have no idea that thread existed.

Believe it or not, the rat is one of us.
You cant be sure of that. These boards are not the worlds best kept secret.

And I dont thonk that bandwidth is really being exceeded. Most web hosting company's give you unlimted bandwidth and disk space. If you get a plan that doent, change hosting company's

It looks to me that the home page has been changed (perhaps temorarily) to the blank white page with the Bandwidth Exceeded accross the top.

You cant be sure of that. These boards are not the worlds best kept secret.

And I dont thonk that bandwidth is really being exceeded. Most web hosting company's give you unlimted bandwidth and disk space. If you get a plan that doent, change hosting company's

It looks to me that the home page has been changed (perhaps temorarily) to the blank white page with the Bandwidth Exceeded accross the top.
Bingo! We'll find out soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.