Late-Night Dining

While we are in the subject of late night dining (we were on that subject, weren't we?). I would like to pass this info along.

In Flushing, on Northern Blvd, just east of Union there is a Korean restaurant that is open 24 hours. It has good food with moderate prices and always does a good business for lunch and evening dining.

What makes this place notable is the early AM crowd. It is fairly common to see and sometimes meet K-girls there, including both AMP and agency girls. I have managed to hook-up with a few of these girls over the past few years.

Go there for the food. With some patience and return trips, if your skills are good eventually you should be able to get some pussy too.

That sounds about right. I never paid much attention about the name. To me it has always been the large Korean restaurant on norhtern Blvd. I've probably driven past it 10,000 times but never paid much notice to the name.

I heard Florent was closing when their lease is up. The lease is due to double (triple, quadruple?) in price, and they've had it with the neighborhood.

(Frankly, so have I. I really miss that Spanish joint Rio Mar. They had a great fillet for $18.)

Last edited:

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
You know, there are a ton of fun Mexican joints on Roosevelt if you are in the mood for something with picante and all that noise. 24 hours and beer served all day long.

franca

<color=pink>Silver</color>
Yakiniku Izakaya on E 52nd, between 2nd & 3rd. Open until 4 AM.
Apparently, this yakiniku izakaya has a name, and it is Riki. I did not see that on the take-out menu I snagged from the last visit.

BTW the sweet young fellow that waited on me at my most recent visit specifically told me not to tip more than 15%, because the owner collects the tips. The owner pays him and his colleagues a good hourly wage, he said, and he was happy with this arrangement. He just doesn't collect the tips himself, so there is no reason to tip over what the owner expects to collect (which is about 15%).

It was raining when I left, and he walked me to 2nd Ave with an umbrella and waited until I got a taxi. Considering I've had really shitty service elsewhere in the neighborhood, I think I'll continue to visit this izakaya when I want late night Japanese food.

There’s nothing quite like some loose, drippy, diarrhea like chili mixed with a process cheese like substance they call nacho cheese over stale corn like chips washed down with a sticky sweet ice filled goop they call a slushy at my local 7-11 at 3:30 in the morning.

While we are in the subject of late night dining (we were on that subject, weren't we?). I would like to pass this info along.

In Flushing, on Northern Blvd, just east of Union there is a Korean restaurant that is open 24 hours. It has good food with moderate prices and always does a good business for lunch and evening dining.

What makes this place notable is the early AM crowd. It is fairly common to see and sometimes meet K-girls there, including both AMP and agency girls. I have managed to hook-up with a few of these girls over the past few years.

Go there for the food. With some patience and return trips, if your skills are good eventually you should be able to get some pussy too.
Still there, same type of late night/early A.M. crowd. Of all the Korean BBQ places, this one is the most consistent. Good quality.

In Manhattan, Veselka on 9th St. and 2nd Ave. is always high on my list for very late night grub.