Job advice

Just a thought:

Yeah making good money is important but persons work life span can be 40+ years. Do something that you can really enjoy, get good at it (which tends to just happen if you enjoy your work) and the money will come.
Man I wish was true, I truly enjoy beating the meat... but fuk never got a job nor made any money.
But gosh darn it, I can squeeze out a jizz in a min.
Lol jk

Can’t say I can … I’m sure you can find plenty of info on Google etc— May even want to invest in a career consultant, not just a headhunter

Tbh, I d t UG is the best place to get top notch personalized career advice -
Yea, but like I said I’m posting in different forums. Have a couple post in Reddit. just trying different avenues of advice. So far seems like I need to revamp my LinkedIn reword my resume, I’ll need to call the school and see what resources I can use to find a job. I hate accounting to be honest it’s pretty boring work. Just found it easy because as long as you follow the rules can’t fuck it up. Plus I need better health insurance and I’m tired of renting. I want to buy a house before I’m 40. And Long Island is expensive. Plus I need more hobby money. Would love to try out some of the better women out there.

Yea, but like I said I’m posting in different forums. Have a couple post in Reddit. just trying different avenues of advice. So far seems like I need to revamp my LinkedIn reword my resume, I’ll need to call the school and see what resources I can use to find a job. I hate accounting to be honest it’s pretty boring work. Just found it easy because as long as you follow the rules can’t fuck it up. Plus I need better health insurance and I’m tired of renting. I want to buy a house before I’m 40. And Long Island is expensive. Plus I need more hobby money. Would love to try out some of the better women out there.
I know 2 guys who disliked "accounting", after college and ended up in technology writing code for data analysis projects

You could try using your accounting degree to try to get a better job within the same industry, at the higher level. Or talk to your boss about possible promotions. Remember, closed mouths don’t get fed.

As far as your résumé, speaking from personal experience it could take three or four complete rewrites to get it right. Just remember that people hate to read, so keep it short. And try to quantify your accomplishments. Example. Delivered an average of 55 orders on daily basis, contributing to cutting of order fulfillment timeline by 1 day for the business unit.

For LinkedIn, Just make sure there’s no gaps in your employment history. Even if you have to put in student or homemaker in to make sure there’s no gaps in your employment history. For the job description, just put 2-3 sentences that describe your Accomplishments at that job. It’s fine if it’s nothing too impressive, the main point you’re trying to communicate is that you contribute to the company. And again, BE BRIEF, people hate to read.

good luck!

..... Example. Delivered an average of 55 orders on daily basis, contributing to cutting of order fulfillment timeline by 1 day for the business unit......
In my role in management where I had final say in hiring higher end people, I have read perhaps thousands of resumes over the years and perhaps one in 10 got the applicant an interview.

The function of a resume is not to get you a job; its function is to get you an interview for a job. Period. At the interview you will have the opportunity to elaborate on line items in your resume and detail how you will add many times your cost to the company to the company's bottom line.

This may seem like nitpicking but it is critical:
"delivered an average of 55 orders on daily basis" is a strong concrete statement of your accomplishments — "contributing to cutting of order fulfillment timeline by 1 day" does nothing. It is fluff. For example the guy who kept the printer paper from running out also contributed to cutting of the order fulfillment timeline. Another fluff, nothing statement is: assisted the design team in meeting milestones. You get the idea.

What a about Civil Service?
Drive by any post office and see large Employment Opportunities signs.

My mailman looks haggard from the excessive # of hours and days he is required to work. He says evetime someone retires it takes a long time to get a replacement and the remaining guys have to pick up the load.

@joeyboy Do you see this happening ?

My mailman looks haggard from the excessive # of hours and days he is required to work. He says evetime someone retires it takes a long time to get a replacement and the remaining guys have to pick up the load.

Well I am not a carrier,I work inside. I'm not " required" to work any specific amount of hours. I do my 8 and skate ..but the opportunity for some OT is there if I wanted some.I work at a processing facility,so it might be different then the local offices. I cannot complain.I have good benefits and have been there close to 30 yrs. Of course like any other job the new younger people they higher are lazy and don't come to work.If all goes well February if 2025 I am done. By then I will be 57.

In my role in management where I had final say in hiring higher end people, I have read perhaps thousands of resumes over the years and perhaps one in 10 got the applicant an interview.

The function of a resume is not to get you a job; its function is to get you an interview for a job. Period. At the interview you will have the opportunity to elaborate on line items in your resume and detail how you will add many times your cost to the company to the company's bottom line.

This may seem like nitpicking but it is critical:
"delivered an average of 55 orders on daily basis" is a strong concrete statement of your accomplishments — "contributing to cutting of order fulfillment timeline by 1 day" does nothing. It is fluff. For example the guy who kept the printer paper from running out also contributed to cutting of the order fulfillment timeline. Another fluff, nothing statement is: assisted the design team in meeting milestones. You get the idea.
It is fluf. No question about it. I’ll accept that my example wasn’t great. Point is to find the right way to express what you did at work quickly and to the point. And that’s a real tough thing to do.

The United States Postal Service is actively recruiting for many positions that may be perfect for you. Whether full time, part time or seasonal positions, we have options available: http://usps.com/careers

And for tips on where and how to apply: https://uspsblog.com/applying-for-a-job/ FB_IMG_1696434560440.jpg

I'm not knocking it but sometimes a degree ain't shit, now a days it's not about what you know it's about who you know and I say this from personal experience. I have a BA degree in a field that I currently have nothing to do with so there goes 65k in student loans for nothing lol.

Well I am not a carrier,I work inside. I'm not " required" to work any specific amount of hours. I do my 8 and skate ..but the opportunity for some OT is there if I wanted some.I work at a processing facility,so it might be different then the local offices. I cannot complain.I have good benefits and have been there close to 30 yrs. Of course like any other job the new younger people they higher are lazy and don't come to work.If all goes well February if 2025 I am done. By then I will be 57.
Yes- one of the issues with the “younger generation”… Gimee, Gimee, Gimee, before they prove themselves and put in an honest track record of work—
UAW striking.. one of the issues they demand is a 32 hour work week!! Wtf.. I think many of us ‘seniors’ did 32 hours in 3 days—
Before my post gets removed

Plenty of jobs for the taking -
One just has to invest legwork and perseverance—

If I had to do it again, and did not have the professional degree, civil service would be the go to

I’m wondering if accounting will become fully operational by AI within 5-10 years approximately. I can’t see how a data entry job can’t be done by artificial intelligence fully within a decade or so or am I way off base here just like commercial driving for trucks 10-15 years maximum then that’s taken over by AI after they test it work out some kinks pass some lawsuits and legislation etc no?

I’m wondering if accounting will become fully operational by AI within 5-10 years approximately. I can’t see how a data entry job can’t be done by artificial intelligence fully within a decade or so or am I way off base here just like commercial driving for trucks 10-15 years maximum then that’s taken over by AI after they test it work out some kinks pass some lawsuits and legislation etc no?
You’re giving AI too much credit. It may simply work, but not take over.