Job advice

I’ve been posting on other forums, I’m looking to change jobs and need some advice. I’ve worked at one company since high school went back to college got my associates and bachelors in accounting. But I’m not to sure what exactly I want to do with it. Are there any resources anyone can recommend, resume builders any steps I can take. I’ll be 34 this year and I guess I don’t see life going my way lately and want to improve it. Working as a truck driver but I’m kinda done with the driving everywhere. Just need some help putting me on a better path financially would love to earn in the six figures within the next 5 years I’m
Ready to take a hit financially for a better job I guess. Thanks for reading I guess.

I’ve been posting on other forums, I’m looking to change jobs and need some advice. I’ve worked at one company since high school went back to college got my associates and bachelors in accounting. But I’m not to sure what exactly I want to do with it. Are there any resources anyone can recommend, resume builders any steps I can take. I’ll be 34 this year and I guess I don’t see life going my way lately and want to improve it. Working as a truck driver but I’m kinda done with the driving everywhere. Just need some help putting me on a better path financially would love to earn in the six figures within the next 5 years I’m
Ready to take a hit financially for a better job I guess. Thanks for reading I guess.
What’s your passion?
Going from a degree in accounting to driving..What’s missing… ? When you graduated college, did you take advantage of their job placement programs? Did you belong to a frat… Networking opportunities with them?

Have you tried headhunters?
Employment agencies?

What’s your passion?
Going from a degree in accounting to driving..What’s missing… ? When you graduated college, did you take advantage of their job placement programs? Did you belong to a frat… Networking opportunities with them?

Have you tried headhunters?
Employment agencies?
The bachelors degree is recent just finished up in December 2022. Did my
Associates in 2018 Took
Night classes. I worked my way up in retail, ended up in management positions then ended up in the warehouse in a management position. But it’s a glorified driving title in all honesty moneys not bad. But I want more from life so figure I need a
College degree to move up in life. It’s a bachelors in business administration accounting track. I put a resume together and just sending out
Like 10-15 applications a day to whatever pays slightly better. But I know I’m going about it wrong. And honestly didn’t really fraternize in my classes just felt to old around these 20 year olds. Haven’t tried headhunters or employment agencies. Are there any you can recommend

The bachelors degree is recent just finished up in December 2022. Did my
Associates in 2018 Took
Night classes. I worked my way up in retail, ended up in management positions then ended up in the warehouse in a management position. But it’s a glorified driving title in all honesty moneys not bad. But I want more from life so figure I need a
College degree to move up in life. It’s a bachelors in business administration accounting track. I put a resume together and just sending out
Like 10-15 applications a day to whatever pays slightly better. But I know I’m going about it wrong. And honestly didn’t really fraternize in my classes just felt to old around these 20 year olds. Haven’t tried headhunters or employment agencies. Are there any you can recommend
Can’t say I can … I’m sure you can find plenty of info on Google etc— May even want to invest in a career consultant, not just a headhunter

Tbh, I d t UG is the best place to get top notch personalized career advice -

Stick with accounting. Get your CMA. I reinvented myself in 1996 after running a family business as a controller/CFO. Find a not for profit where you could eventually be a CFO. Indeed is a great site for resume building. You’re at a perfect age.

Accounting is a great degree if you love math and excel spreadsheets. Doing your CPA license which I believe are 4 exams is even better, pretty hard from what ive been told. I have friends who make well over six figures in other states with accounting. I can imagine NY pays similar if not higher once you work your way up after a few years with a CPA license.

Good to know and I think I am going to submit. Was thinking of getting into one of the unions. The laborers union and teamsters were on my list.
I am 35 and thinking of a career change soon.
Are you in Local 79? @gold69 if so how do you like it?
I've always liked it, It's pretty cool, most people are mad chill and most of the time your working like a gentleman we call it lol.

Interesting thread! I was pursuing my bachelors in Accounting(got my associates in Business Administration back in 2014) but somewhere I decided to get my CDL because I was tired of living paycheck to paycheck ( Never received financial aid, so I paid for all my studies) fast forward to 2016 I dropped out my first time, then 2019 I dropped out my 2nd time. I couldn’t keep up with the school because I needed sleep for work. I wish I could go back in time and do it everything differently.

And to your remark of feeling
Old among college kids, I felt the same type of way. I was 27-28 yrs old the last time I went to school. Im turning 33 soon, and honestly the only one thing I don’t regret so far is getting my CDL, money is good, most of the Older Men in my family have been local truckers for 20+Yrs, have been able to buy their homes, cars, build families.

Fun fact, I was only going for my accounting degree for the money that there was to be made( originally I wanted to go into Human Resources). I was good with Math but at the same time I hated it

@genius 100% agree with you, as I’ve mature and gotten older I realized that back then I was doing it for the wrong reason. (Although the idea of going for an accounting major, not a Human Resources focus was my counselors idea)