Job advice

I skimmed through all the responses but didnt see UPS driver, arent they commanding somewhere like 100-170k these days?! That would be my top suggestion.

Tbh anything that would pay you cash is best, or if u wanna get complex, do something that is 1099 and u can deduct a lot of living expenses. I know laywers who do their own practice, probably make a few hundred thousand but show like 60k on paper and qualify for all kinds of gov benefits and credits.

I skimmed through all the responses but didnt see UPS driver, arent they commanding somewhere like 100-170k these days?! That would be my top suggestion.

Tbh anything that would pay you cash is best, or if u wanna get complex, do something that is 1099 and u can deduct a lot of living expenses. I know laywers who do their own practice, probably make a few hundred thousand but show like 60k on paper and qualify for all kinds of gov benefits and credits.
Hahaha that is wild but I respect the ingenuity

Honestly, a great job is if you can mix your hobby and work.
A guy I knew was a driver for some mob guy. He needed to drive the girls to their appointment and make sure they were safe and collect $. When she was not busy, they would just be hanging out in his car. Get food etc. He got some action even though he was told he could not participate with the girls.
Not sure if they advertise anymore, but they use to.

A guy I knew was a driver for some mob guy. He needed to drive the girls to their appointment and make sure they were safe and collect $. When she was not busy, they would just be hanging out in his car. Get food etc. He got some action even though he was told he could not participate with the girls.
Until the dude gets wacked for doing what he was specifically told not to do lol!!!

I’ve been posting on other forums, I’m looking to change jobs and need some advice. I’ve worked at one company since high school went back to college got my associates and bachelors in accounting. But I’m not to sure what exactly I want to do with it. Are there any resources anyone can recommend, resume builders any steps I can take. I’ll be 34 this year and I guess I don’t see life going my way lately and want to improve it. Working as a truck driver but I’m kinda done with the driving everywhere. Just need some help putting me on a better path financially would love to earn in the six figures within the next 5 years I’m
Ready to take a hit financially for a better job I guess. Thanks for reading I guess.
Some government gigs will take an entry level accountant, especially the regulatory agencies.

Yeah, I know a guy who got pinched for driving girls around. Not so great!

You need a job that will give you a PENSION. Aka City, State or Federal.
Every "job" I had did not have a company funded pension. I funded my "pension" thru 401K. I did just fine thank you.

The defined benefit pensions are going the way of the dodo bird IMHO. If you want to see an example talk to any recently hired NYS teacher who is in tier 6. Even with tier 6 have them tell you how 1000 applicants apply for each position.

The companies that have them will go out of business from the companies that do not. The State gov's that have them will lose out to those states that don't and the Fed's will have major contractions from time to time to clean out employees either before they get vested or before a significant benefit is accumulated.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Mainframes hit from lack of skills. In the latest issue, the world needs mainframe programmers.

https://mydigitalpublication.com/publication/?i=802474&p=30&view=issueViewer

or IT Security Professionals on the mainframe as well
https://mydigitalpublication.com/publication/?m=23209&i=805488&p=10&ver=html5
The first link seems interesting but it was hard to read because it kept getting overlaid and you can't really adjust or scroll the text.
Maybe it's just my phone?

Every "job" I had did not have a company funded pension. I funded my "pension" thru 401K. I did just fine thank you.

The defined benefit pensions are going the way of the dodo bird IMHO. If you want to see an example talk to any recently hired NYS teacher who is in tier 6. Even with tier 6 have them tell you how 1000 applicants apply for each position.

The companies that have them will go out of business from the companies that do not. The State gov's that have them will lose out to those states that don't and the Fed's will have major contractions from time to time to clean out employees either before they get vested or before a significant benefit is accumulated.
NYS is actually really low on staffing overall. The Governor mentioned it in her state of the state annual speech. About 13k short. This is after hiring freezes since early 2000s. A good time to take that Bi-annual PCO exam. Ton of people will be retiring soon. Pension, 457b plans (similar to 401k, only for public servants) plus annual pay raises is not a bad deal. You won’t get millions rich, but with a little effort (to build up your productivity reputation and trust with supervisors) and ambition( take the promotion tests) it’s a comfortable living

The first link seems interesting but it was hard to read because it kept getting overlaid and you can't really adjust or scroll the text.
Maybe it's just my phone?
I access it from my laptop, not sure how mobile/cell phone friendly the viewer is. I seem to able to view/page turn without issue [using incognito mode of a Samsung S23 Ultra]

Could be phone version issue as well