JAG is host of new Julie's web site - JAG is not Consumer Reports anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
By hombre secreto on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 09:45 pm:

Re: Ozzy/VV

IMHO, Ozzy can be valuable when he gets out of his own way. He tends (or tended -- I haven't visited UG in a while) to get very worked up very quickly, sustaining that level for a while and posting with such amazing frequency that his voice drowns out others and smothers discussion. It can prevent less aggressive posters from having any voice at all, forcibly yanking threads Ozzywards.

That said, I have no doubts about his honesty or that he intends well...I just think he's best when moderating forces are applied. On JAG, the environment provided a moderating influence; once we'd lost a few of the more prominent members, VV began the swing towards rampancy that is the hallmark of the unmoderated Ozzy on UG.

Personally, I'd love to see him back if we can avoid that kind of situation.

hombre... the only time i can remember getting into it "ozzy style" on jag was with litleguy and that was ONE or two posts. then in that same thread with infoobooth. my final days at jag last year were fairly quiet because as you said... " once we'd lost a few of the more prominent members" there was no one for me to really chat with, if i posted a dozen times in those last few months it would probably be a lot. my departure the first time was totaly by my choice. my lifetime "premium" membership account was sometime later cancled and reduced to "basic" membership...... now i don't even have that. (well officially (as VV) anyway)

Last edited:
Once again Aristotle has accused me on JAG of being a pedophile. Once again I am posting a denial here.

I'll ignore his threat to "out" me by offering the world my snail mail address. I have no doubt he knows my real life identity. Why am I so easily traced? Why have I not posted under many different names to cover my tracks in smoke, and why have I not carefully used hushmail or the like in private correspondence? Because I have nothing to hide and little (other than perhaps a bit of embarassment) to lose!

I'll also ignore all of his other comments except to say that I was unaware of public statements about him by someone else regarding the TBD debacle. It was not my intent to tie myself to those comments in any way...I don't even know exactly what that person said or where or when he said it or even what his posting name is! Contrary to what some may think, I spend little time on these boards and don't read most of what is posted.

My point "over there" was simply that TBD made *lots* of enemies and it wouldn't be surprising if one or more of them dropped the dime on the sysops.

Status
Not open for further replies.