If I were God

"I'd eliminate everybody who doesn't understand the use of the subjunctive tense in English."

What about those who don't even know what "subjunctive tense" means?

If I were God........

.....I would have permitted my son Jesus to get laid once or twice before his death.

.....I would have kept Stackhouse's fumble in the endzone so that the Giants would have had a chance to beat the Eagles tonite.

.....I would have given the hijackers a heart to prevent the crashes.

.....I would have given Booth, Oswald, Sirhan Sirhan, King's murderer, and the DC snipers blanks for their guns.

.....I would give researchers the keys to all diseases.

......I would have given Hitler love to neutralize his sickness.

......I would have prevented the movement of Babe Ruth to NY.

.....I would have given Mother Theresa Pamela Anderson's body.

.....I would have made the 7 Deadly Sins temporary.

and......I would have made World Peace feasible.

justlooking

just wrong again?
It's subjunctive mood not "subjunctive tense".
Do you know your math as well as you know your English grammar?
If I were God, I'd eliminate all the pretentious want to be intellectuals from the internet...

justme

homo economicus
God is perfect. Perfection is absolute and so there can not be two versions of perfection. There can only be one type of God. If I were God, I would be the same as God is now. If I were God, nothing would be different.

Now, if I were some classical version of a god... watch out.

Originally posted by justme
God is perfect....
Well, thanks for the compliment, I'm really flattered.

Originally posted by One Eyed Trouser Trout
.....I would give researchers the keys to all diseases.
So, you would first create all of those diseases and then give researchers the keys...??

I'm afraid we're going to reject your application.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I were (as commonly known) God, I would have, most definitely, put a bullet in my (so called) brain, for shame of the lousy job I've done.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw