ID's

Cici at Choi's Barber shop. I gave in my two weeks and was committed to doing as little as possible and would take two or three hour lunches.

While starting at the wall, it dawned on me that I had never been to an AMP so I did some research and came across the barbershop.

Made a rookie mistakes - I went in with my job ID on my belt and she freaked out, thought I was LEO. The barber looked at my ID and asked what I wanted. Told him I just wanted a massage. I was given the all clear and to the room where I nervously undressed. I think she realized it was my first time and took pity on my dumbass.
Was your job ID something that looked like a law enforcement badge? That part makes little sense to me.

Was your job ID something that looked like a law enforcement badge? That part makes little sense to me.
Imagine that you are in China doing some minor illegal activity and (I assume that you have) little knowledge of hanzi (汉字/漢字). A guy walks into your facility where you are doing such activity and has a badge on his belt with a crest and hanzi on it.

Perhaps, you would be concerned or even, as Cici did, you would have "freaked out"

Ps. Ah yes, Cici at Choi's. Sweet lady, excellent massage with extras in a very private decent size room with plaster walls, a solid lockable door and it even had a wash basin with hot and cold faucets.
Never got a hair cut there though.

Imagine that you are in China doing some minor illegal activity and (I assume that you have) little knowledge of hanzi (汉字/漢字). A guy walks into your facility where you are doing such activity and has a badge on his belt with a crest and hanzi on it.

Perhaps, you would be concerned or even, as Cici did, you would have "freaked out"

Ps. Ah yes, Cici at Choi's. Sweet lady, excellent massage with extras in a very private decent size room with plaster walls, a solid lockable door and it even had a wash basin with hot and cold faucets.
Never got a hair cut there though.
It wasn't a badge though, just a photo ID for a bank.

It wasn't a badge though, just a photo ID for a bank.
So it was just a photo "logo was fancy and had a crest " and there were no English wording on the ID?

There has to be a reason why she "freaked out".
Every company ID I had would have company name, usually a logo, my name, some id #, my status e.g., employee, contractor, etc, level of clearance (usually stars e.g. no stars is none, 1 star confidential, 2 stars secret, 3 stars top secret.

With a bank I would guess (if I was running security) that ID's weren't the same in that it would indicate somehow the lowest level of employee (security wise) and increasing until indicating which ones would have the keys to the kingdom.

You, of course, don't need this stuff if you work at the local pizza parlor but would be necessary if $'s and sensitive info (a bank) or gov't regulations (places I worked at)

Anyway, whenever I saw Cici I was nicely dressed, clean and no IDs greeted with a smile and always had a good time.

I'm just saying, They probably see a lot of work IDs and aren't usually "spooked" by a photo ID. I think she probably was spooked by his look or another reason he didn't realize cause it was his first time.

But thank you once again for arguing and taking the thread off topic so you can prove you are a genius and the smartest guy in the room.

So it was just a photo "logo was fancy and had a crest " and there were no English wording on the ID?

There has to be a reason why she "freaked out".
Every company ID I had would have company name, usually a logo, my name, some id #, my status e.g., employee, contractor, etc, level of clearance (usually stars e.g. no stars is none, 1 star confidential, 2 stars secret, 3 stars top secret.

With a bank I would guess (if I was running security) that ID's weren't the same in that it would indicate somehow the lowest level of employee (security wise) and increasing until indicating which ones would have the keys to the kingdom.

You, of course, don't need this stuff if you work at the local pizza parlor but would be necessary if $'s and sensitive info (a bank) or gov't regulations (places I worked at)

Anyway, whenever I saw Cici I was nicely dressed, clean and no IDs greeted with a smile and always had a good time.
Bank and other financial institutions are of the more is less. I've done lots of consulting work, and have employee ID's to over 30 institutions in the past 10 years.

Most ID's only have employee name, picture and maybe the bank name or logo [smallest font]. All the ID's are RFID and that controls your building and door access [platform, vault, Legal, wires room, it, private banking floors, server rooms, etc].

The cards themselves give no visual indication of employee/ access info; such that in case of a lost card on the street someone randomly wouldn't know what areas, buildings, floors, etc that they can access.

billyS

Reign of Terror
This thread is for discussions about IDs, their makeup, if any mongers use them for verification screening by providers (instead of giving them driver's license which would have your home address) or anything else involving IDs.

Also if fake IDs are obtainable for mongering purposes, how, where and how much.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I was working at a company that required you to wear your picture ID badge at all times in the building. Around this time I was frequenting XDreams on Keene St about once a week at lunch time (and reporting back on UG).

I was well known already there as "Billy" but preferred they didn't know my real name. So I would always remember to remove the badge before I went in.

One day I choose Cream and she came into the room before I stripped completely so she started pulling my pants down from her knees and all of the sudden I realized I still had the badge on (with full first and last name in big bold letters) dangling in her face.

Luckily she was distracted by something else and never even looked at it.

Not that I didn't trust her, but given my heavy involvement in UG I just didn't want anyone connecting billyS with my real name.

Bank and other financial institutions are of the more is less. I've done lots of consulting work, and have employee ID's to over 30 institutions in the past 10 years.

Most ID's only have employee name, picture and maybe the bank name or logo [smallest font]. All the ID's are RFID and that controls your building and door access [platform, vault, Legal, wires room, it, private banking floors, server rooms, etc].

The cards themselves give no visual indication of employee/ access info; such that in case of a lost card on the street someone randomly wouldn't know what areas, buildings, floors, etc that they can access.
The companies I worked for had sensitive info, worth a lot to some others, and possibly put someone in prison if handled improperly.

Anyway, ID's were handled the exact opposite of "no visual indication of employee/ access info;". The rules were that if you were in an area where a certain level of access was required you were obligated (if you already didn't know the person's level) to challenge anyone who either was wearing an ID where you couldn't clearly see the access level and/or photo or if they were at a level inferior to that required by the area.

Even if you were in the lunch room, if someone had a temporary or vendor ID they would need to be accompanied by someone with a company ID.

That said I preferred to use that ID for "other purposes" as it did not have my home address on it. If someone needed to know who I was and who I worked for I would rather show that ID instead of paystubs and drivers license.

if any mongers use them for verification screening by providers (instead of giving them driver's license which would have your home address) or anything else involving IDs..
For those only sending Driver's license with a home address person ....., tell me: What are you trying to prove it ? IF needs verification screening... I Don't need to know where are you live in.:rolleyes:

For those only sending Driver's license with a home address person ....., tell me: What are you trying to prove it ? IF needs verification screening... I Don't need to know where are you live in.:rolleyes:
Can you explain what do you want as a screening to meet you? Do you ask for Job ID, Drivers license ( cover address and real name ), etc…. I would like to understand, sometimes when I see screening requirements, I usually go on the next provider or I stick with a regular.

Agreed. So you don't put it out there.
What do you guys think about going to one of these establishment with the door bell cameras? There’s a place I like going to but they recently installed a door bell camera.

I have one in my personal house, it works great : face recognition, clear video, audio the camera is mounted about 4 - 5 feet from the ground ; that being said it gets a clear view of peoples faces.

Unlike other security cameras that are installed in an upper corner, that views on top of our head (as long as you keep your face down and have a hat or a hoodie on). If you follow that rule, it will be hard to recognize your face, if the video ever becomes public.

What do you guys think about going to one of these establishment with the door bell cameras? There’s a place I like going to but they recently installed a door bell camera.

I have one in my personal house, it works great : face recognition, clear video, audio the camera is mounted about 4 - 5 feet from the ground ; that being said it gets a clear view of peoples faces.

Unlike other security cameras that are installed in an upper corner, that views on top of our head (as long as you keep your face down and have a hat or a hoodie on). If you follow that rule, it will be hard to recognize your face, if the video ever becomes public.
I don't know about you but I am very health conscious and I always wear a KN95 mask. also there is a lot of dust around so I wear dark wrap around sunglasses. To keep the dust out of my hair I wear an oversize baseball cap.
I do this even when I'm just in the area.
To get exercise and stay fit I always park my car a decent walk away.

I don't know about you but I am very health conscious and I always wear a KN95 mask. also there is a lot of dust around so I wear dark wrap around sunglasses. To keep the dust out of my hair I wear an oversize baseball cap.
I do this even when I'm just in the area.
To get exercise and stay fit I always park my car a decent walk away.
I like that response and how you are very health conscious. Unfortunately that wouldn’t work for me. I’m a very neat and clean looking guy but if I had sunglasses, a kN95 mask and a hoodie or baseball cap, they wouldn’t open the door. I don’t look European…
That’s my life (if you get it, you get it)