I think I might live next door to an in-house !!

I have new neighbors who share a wall with my apartment, they are two young Asian girls. I can hear when someone comes and goes because of the thin walls but for the past few days someone would buzz, slam the door, stomp in and a 1/2 hour later leave. I have heard words like "thank you so much" and "craigslist" from guys on thier way out. Am I jaded or is it possible my neighbor a provider?? I guess they can also be some other sort of service provider.

I personally don't mind anyone trying to make money and would feel like a hypocrite going to the landlord but I think she should try to keep the noise level down. They are kind of busy also since this coming and going happened 5 times on Sunday. Should I confront her about the traffic?

Last edited:
Can I bring dessert? Do you watch Lost? We can make it a little party!
That's funny Billy, I love Pecan Pie.

I can't believe JimmyDR asked the address, I am not going to promote them or give out my home address but I am wondering what to do.

Last edited:
A diplomatic approach perhaps?

I have new neighbors who share a wall with my apartment, they are two young Asian girls. I can hear when someone comes and goes because of the thin walls but for the past few days someone would buzz, slam the door, stomp in and a 1/2 hour later leave. I have heard words like "thank you so much" and "craigslist" from guys on thier way out. Am I jaded or is it possible my neighbor a provider?? I guess they can also be some other sort of service provider.

I personally don't mind anyone trying to make money and would feel like a hypocrite going to the landlord but I think she should try to keep the noise level down. They are kind of busy also since this coming and going happened 5 times on Sunday. Should I confront her about the traffic?
Instead of going to the super/landlord, maybe you can deal directly with your neighbor about the noise? You can knock on their door & say something like sorry to intrude, but I overheard you talking about Craig's List over the weekend & make up some BS like your interested in selling items you have. This will send a loud (& subtle) message to them to pipe down abot their possible home business activities or at the very least you'll see first hand what kind of people you're dealing with (crazies or clueless folk). Anyway, I can sort of understand your minor clash of conscious. But allow me to slap around Jiminy Cricket for a sec & remind you that they are inconsiderate & should know better no matter what or at least be made aware that they are loud. Also, from a provider standpoint, they seem to be a bunch of clock watchers if men are coming in & out every half hour!?! Worse yet, they are begging to attract LE by the way they manage traffic. With that written/said the monger in me would greatly appreciate if you can find out their rates/services & brief description of their looks (500 words or less) :). I'll be sure to bring over some pie from Pinisi's on my next visit.

Go to them and tell them the neighbors are talking so they better keep the noise down. Also tell them you need a cut from what they're making and you'll convince the neighbors not too tell the landlord. It's never to late to pimp them out a little bit.

Last edited:
If you cant in good conscious get rid of these people then I would totally take Marcs route. I would ask for a 20% cut and if they try and screw you, you are setting up a wireless camera on there door :) .. of course I wouldnt setup the camera cause I am sure you could be taking down with them if something went wrong.

I wonder if my mind frame is just too much in this buisness, of course they could be doing something else. I was coming up the stairs and saw a guy coming out from there with that familiar look of guilt and he looked right in my knowing eyes and I just thought "this is an in-house". There was also this other guy who looked like he just walked out of the clink, it's kind of scary because it doesn't look like they are selective and this building is full of nooks and crannies where someone could hide then take you by surprise.

I am going to ask a good looking guy friend to ask them what is the deal with the traffic, if they offer him a deal for his silence I will know. They were already nasty to me when I asked them to keep them how much longer with the be moving in, they were so freaking loud and it was early. I doubt they will tell me anything but prove it and get lost. I have been here over a decade and this is my sanctuary.

Last edited:
I wonder if my mind frame is just too much in this buisness, of course they could be doing something else. I was coming up the stairs and saw a guy coming out from there with that familiar look of guilt and he looked right in my knowing eyes and I just thought "this is an in-house". There was also this other guy who looked like he just walked out of the clink, it's kind of scary because it doesn't look like they are selective and this building is full of nooks and crannies where someone could hide then take you by surprise.

I am going to ask a good looking guy friend to ask them what is the deal with the traffic, if they offer him a deal for his silence I will know. They were already nasty to me when I asked them to keep them how much longer with the be moving in, they were so freaking loud and it was early. I doubt they will tell me anything but prove it and get lost. I have been here over a decade and this is my sanctuary.
And there are probably people in your other building, who have a sanctuary?

We all know your mission is to scare away advertisers and turn this board into your trolling playground. You would have no purpose in life if I was no longer around to obsess over. Your not even entertaining, if your going to be a complete douchbag at least make sense or be funny, it must be the worst being a troll without any personality.

Last edited: