I received a phone call from a police department how to proceed?

Basically as the title says. I was out to try and do a visit but by the time the person I was supposed to see got back to me it wad to late and all the other numbers I called or texted were closed or didn't have what I was looking for. So I woke up this evening to see I missed calls from a police station in the Bronx. Should I be worried? Should I be careful? If they are calling about something else I wouldn't know what. Heck I got a threatening message from some one saying they had my info and to call th back which is the second time that's happened and I've ignored those messages. Should I be worried about law inforcement coming to my house?

billyS

Reign of Terror
Basically as the title says. I was out to try and do a visit but by the time the person I was supposed to see got back to me it wad to late and all the other numbers I called or texted were closed or didn't have what I was looking for. So I woke up this evening to see I missed calls from a police station in the Bronx. Should I be worried? Should I be careful? If they are calling about something else I wouldn't know what. Heck I got a threatening message from some one saying they had my info and to call th back which is the second time that's happened and I've ignored those messages. Should I be worried about law inforcement coming to my house?
I'd lay low if I were you. Maybe skip town if you have some relatives.

Probably one of the girls you called last night turned up dead and now the cops have your number.

You're screwed bro.

I'd lay low if I were you. Maybe skip town if you have some relatives.

Probably one of the girls you called last night turned up dead and now the cops have your number.

You're screwed bro.
@billyS you are one funny individual.

@Mita33446, you can either leave it alone, until they call you back or not.
-or-
Call them back, find out why they called you, write down the detectives name. Don’t give them any information about yourself, contact a lawyer.

If you didn’t kill or abuse anyone, then you should be ok.

Were you in the Bronx when you were out "trying to do a visit"

Were you in the Bronx when you were out "trying to do a visit"
I wasn't. So I don't know how they got my number. I was in flushing. They called my Google voice number and also my main cell number. In fact as of writing this they just called me again. Should I pick up the phone to hear them out?

It's called phone spoofing, sometimes people would also get calls or messages from so called "cartels' saying that you wasted one of their girls time and demanding a payment or they go to your house and stuff, I would just send them a pic of some dog shit and tell then to fuck off.
See now as I've mentioned I'd gotten threatening messages before but didn't pay them any mind. If this is fake, the phone number being linked to a police station in caller ID is a great way to make me paranoid and over think things.

I had it happen to me on Staten Island just as I was driving by the precinct. I don’t know how they’re able to pull this off get a burner phone.

When I looked up the number it links to a 2 out of 5 star police department in the bronx
It is easy enough for a scammer to have any number show up on caller ID.

I have dealt with the police on a few occasions. None of them hobby related. If the police were calling, they would leave a voicemail identifying themselves and requesting a call back. They are far too busy to keep doing random cold calls. They would prefer that you call them back. If the requested call back does not occur then someone will stop by your house. If you are not home they will leave a card requesting that you contact them.

I would not worry until they leave a voicemail, identify themselves, and give a valid call back number.

Find out who the chief of the precinct is, call from a different number and ask who the chief is... if its them then you would get a confirm. If it's not then it's a spoof. Good spoof would probably know, so you may want to ask more questions like when did he start etc. You can say you are doing a project for high school or something if asked.

Picked up an unknown number ( my mistake) while I was at work one day. Caller told me he was a cop and wanted to give me a heads up as his team was headed to my house. He was asking for my name and address in which I replied if you called me you have my file and you know my info. Then proceeded to tell me he has arrived with his team at my house, I asked if you are there then what color is the door in which he could not even tell me.
I hung up and blocked the number. Went out the next day and bought a ring system for the house