I love my Iphone...

I'm a Blackberry user but the IPhone rules. It's a mini computer/phone and a terrific web browser.
I find the Email on the BB better then the Iphone, with the Iphone i have to goto the icon to get the mail on BB it just pops up automatically...unless I'm doing something wrong.

I find the Email on the BB better then the Iphone, with the Iphone i have to goto the icon to get the mail on BB it just pops up automatically...unless I'm doing something wrong.
Agreed. Email is pushed to your BB automatically. Web browsing sucks on a BB though. Depends on what's more important for you.

The problem I have with BB email is that it's difficult to filter out spam. Unlike Email Spam blocking programs for computers, you have to go into Blackberry Internet Service and manually enter criteria to filter. Very time consuming and far from acceptable since most spam bots change the sending email addy. If you filter for keywords you run the risk of filtering out email you want to receive. I wish they had a spam program for BB. Anyone know of one I might not be aware of of?

Doesn't that depend, in part, on what network you're on, though? Or are you talking more about the screen size?
Has nothing to do w/ the network. It's the BB browser. Not user friendly, reorganizes the page to fit into the BB screen. UG absolutely sucks on the BB.

Email is pushed to your BB automatically.
Email push on an iPhone is quite effective (even with an older iPhone with the old iPhone OS 2.x), although turning email polling on and enabling 3G at the same time eats battery life like there's no tomorrow. (Literally... as in there won't be a tomorrow for your iPhone unless you recharge it tonight.)

My iPhone ties into my work email via Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. When I click "Send" in Outlook, my iPhone will typically chime to indicate a new email message has been received in about 5 seconds. Far faster, I'll note, than how long it will take the same copy of Microsoft Outlook I just used to send the email will notice that there's a new message in my inbox. (I always CC myself for improved email searchability reasons....)

Agreed. Email is pushed to your BB automatically. Web browsing sucks on a BB though. Depends on what's more important for you.
Part of the 3G upgrade is better push mail support. I've tested it and its as good as BB or any other Rim device for Exchange Mail. Rim based push mail needs real support help on the iPhone. No reason it can't be done. The OS has the tools. Just needs someone to write the code.

The problem I have with BB email is that it's difficult to filter out spam. Unlike Email Spam blocking programs for computers, you have to go into Blackberry Internet Service and manually enter criteria to filter. Very time consuming and far from acceptable since most spam bots change the sending email addy. If you filter for keywords you run the risk of filtering out email you want to receive. I wish they had a spam program for BB. Anyone know of one I might not be aware of of?
I am a fan of 'white list' based anti-spam for business mixed with good habits of checking the junk mail folder regularly for the odd unlisted sender that sent something that needs a response.

After a bit of adding to the white list you get only what you want on a regular basis.

Doesn't that depend, in part, on what network you're on, though? Or are you talking more about the screen size?
No he it probably talking more about full html support,https support, etc. Rim products blow for anything but the most basic web browsing experience.