I am no longer a Yankee Fan

Ok, maybe I am still a fan, but George sure is making it hard for me to be nowadays...

How the hell can they get rid of Stanton and Mendoza?

I dont get it..I dont get it..I dont get it!!!!

pswope

One out of three
Yanks apparently trying to reduce payroll. Stanton and Mendoza are victims of dollars to productivity equation.
Sports is a business. No room for emotion and sentimentality.

justme

homo economicus
It's all equilibria. You can reduce expenses, but if it effects your overall product quality, you could end up losing demand for your output.

Kimmie I agree. I do not want to see either go. What scares me is I would not be suprised if Stanton wound up with the mets. I believe he is from Texas but he and his family live year round in New Jersey and I think they would be happy not moving.

Kimmie,

If you think George is making it hard to be a Yankee's fan, just talk to someone who remembers the CBS days. Watching the total destruction of the team makes dumping Stanton and Mendoza a minor irritation.

George can be frustrating, but his bottom line has always been to deliver a Champion. Hell of a lot more than the Mutts fans can say about Wilpon.

I am sorry maybe I am such a girl, but to me fuck the money.

These two have delivered every season when we needed them the most. WTF are they going to replace them with? Some wet behind the ears kid from AAA?

Urgh. I am seething here because this move makes no sense to me. But I trust my team, and I will sit back and wait to see what happens.

I was planning a trip to Tampa in March... George better give me a good reason to go other then seeing Jeters ass!

Do the math Kimmie.

Originally posted by Kimmie
That's very easy to say when you aren't paying a "luxury tax" to keep teams like Milwaukee and Pittsburgh viable.

steamman I said I was being a "girl"

Relax, I know that money is a major factor in baseball.

I should take Phantom off ignore so I can see all the cool stuff he is saying to me huh?

Nahhhhhhh

You know this ignore feature is the best thing Slinky ever did for this board.. I love it and wish I had used it sooner!!

Phantom I dont know what you are saying to me, but knowing you and your charming personality, you are probably trying to woo me..

billyS

Reign of Terror
Kimmie, Phantom said he wants you to tie him up and squat over him and make diarreha in his face. Then give him a straw and spoon and let him finish up anything that doesn't fall directly into his mouth. Then put boots on and kick him in the ear till blood trickles out.

You obviously have to cut costs this season but not in the bullpen! What really aggravates me is that George's infactuation with having Clemens get his 300th with the Yanks is keeping them from resigning Stanton or Mendoza. Or how about not being able to dump Mondesi, White or Hitchcock?

If money was really bothering George, he wouldn't have thrown 2.5 mil for two years at Hammonds. Damn....Atlanta was only going to give him 1.1 for one year. If the Yanks really wanted him they could have offered 2 million for two years and if he didn't take it, so what? Hammonds is a 37 yr old with a great comeback story....I'd rather pay for the workhorse Stanton.

Originally posted by pswope
Yanks apparently trying to reduce payroll. Stanton and Mendoza are victims of dollars to productivity equation.
Is this more of that Brian Cashman "savvy" at work? Getting rid of two excellent middle relievers (on a staff loaded with 36-40 y/o starters who can't go past the 6th inning anymore) to save what amounts to chump change?

PS- i agree with everything ace said

Last edited:
hehe i love it when yankee fans wake up.

who is greedier? the player who wants millions to play a kids game? or the owner who won't pay it?

sports in this country is fucked up. i should know.... i'm in the biz.

justme

homo economicus
You know this ignore feature is the best thing Slinky ever did for this board.. I love it and wish I had used it sooner!!
It's useless to me because I keep clicking on the posts anyway.