How many mongers?

well.....

Curious as to how many mongers are members of a gym, what one and if you go regularly?

LA Fitness. try to go 2 - 3 days per week.
I was a personal trainer. I have buying stuff for home. I have a swiss ball, urban rebounder, dumbells, tubing, and a chin-up bar

Yea, I'm a gym member. I normally hit the iron 4 times a week for an hour each workout. I would do more if I had the time... I also do cardio 1 -2 days a week as well, mostly the elliptical machine. One benefit I get from working out is a good hard-on.

blondekelly;62**** said:
Hence the handle.
:) Thank you.

I try to run in this weather but its hard on the lungs. Can't wait for the summer. Running is bad on the knees/legs but it does work up enough cardio for the heart. Also, gotta cut down on the soda.. ughhhhhhhhhh

:) ... Running is bad on the knees/legs but it does work up enough cardio for the heart. ...
Old wives tale (unless you are very overweight and run in sneakers on concrete or something equally stupid) If your joints are going to wear out it is more a factor of lack of exercise (such as running) and genetics than over exercising and/or running. Older peolple who had a poor exercise history and have joint problems, who are put on an exercise program that includes running, tend to see a reduction of those very problems you say running is bad for.

Old wives tale (unless you are very overweight and run in sneakers on concrete or something equally stupid) If your joints are going to wear out it is more a factor of lack of exercise (such as running) and genetics than over exercising and/or running. Older peolple who had a poor exercise history and have joint problems, who are put on an exercise program that includes running, tend to see a reduction of those very problems you say running is bad for.
Well...you have to take it on an individual basis since one of the most common ailments associated w/running is "Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome" or commonly known as "runner's knee" where in certain cases, running causes , among other things, cartilage and bone degredation (in addition to knee pain, limited mobility and that yucky "crunching" sound). This is due to the mistracking of the patella (knee cap) which is excacerbated by running.

Mistracking is caused by genetics (being flat footed), improper or lack of excersice (causing uneven development of your quad muscles), or injury. This can be remedied by physical therapy, proper footwear, knee braces or in extreme cases, surgery.

But the bottomline is, running can be more harmful than beneficial in certain cases. But I agree that barring the above exception, running (or some comparable cardio activity) is a necessity.

*Squeak!*

Good point! Also from Mousey. My joints/knees are good cause of kicking in karate but I guess thats a good explanation. Thanks G!

What to look out for

Been walking but freezing my ass off of late. Am contemplating joining a gym. Have heard all kinds of war stories about sign up gimmicks...low monthly rate but exorbitant registration fees and closing your account charges. Any truth to this or is it the media hyping things up?

Been walking but freezing my ass off of late. Am contemplating joining a gym. Have heard all kinds of war stories about sign up gimmicks...low monthly rate but exorbitant registration fees and closing your account charges. Any truth to this or is it the media hyping things up?
I don't know about other gyms but I signed up with Lucille Roberts last year, they advertised $5 down, $25 a month, no contract & then I get there you have to sign a contract for 1 or 2 yrs but 30 day guarentee if your not happy you can void the contract, they promised all kinds of classes & sessions with personal trainers & when that didn't happen I asked to void the contract & my credit card was charged $250.

My suggestion is to go somewhere with a friend who's already signed up so they can recommend a good gym.

i bought a good membership off craigslist. theres always a bunch of quitters there trying to pawn off their membership.

they usually eat the start up fee and maybe pay u like a months worth if you take over a contract and then there are others that have a more favoravle monthly rate that will cost a bit more depending on the membership type etc.

after i joined i started going everyday for like a month then i pulled back to 3-4 times a week. i lost a good amount of weight. on like a tanita scale im like 16% fat but who knows how accurate that is. im still flabby but whatever besides from back pain and knee pain that flare up i feel like im healthly and in decent shape

I am lean, but am strong as an ox.
Of course I rather be a little weaker but in better "look wise" shape.

I lift weights about 3 times a week, but kickbox and wrestle 3 days a week also.

That was before I got hurt wrestling last week, so for the next few months I will be working out approximately 0 days a week.

I can't work out at a gym due to some back & shoulder injury a few years back (I can't even lift light weights, especially over shoulder level,but I do still give massages infrequently.. I can't even swing a flogger that well or give a hard spanking anymore ( that's where the paddle comes in handy.) I do yank the cranka couple times a day. I should pay myself each time I cum & then use that money to go out & monger. Some health insurance wellness programs pay for gym memberships, massage( I wonder if the amps would give a receipty, since some pay for massage. I can just imagine asking my MD to write me an RX with HE 3X a week)) and smoking cessation programs. I have put on about 15 pounds and huff & puff to get my shoes on.I'm also 58 with cholesterol & B/P problems (for which I take meds). That article didn't mention how many calories you burn during a handjob did it? ONething I agree with is while I'mrocking and rolling, I seem to forget about my back pain, and I've been told that is from endorphin release. now somebody should do a study on how many calories we burn in different positions. Surely we've got to burn more callories in mish or doggie than we do in CGor just laying back & getting some incredible head. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
I go pretty religiously 3 times a week. Usually 40 min cardio (usually treadmill walk/run) then 30-40 in the weight room.

And..I still can't loose my love handles!

gern
Doesn't matter if you goto the gym 10 times a day, 7 days a week. Its what you eat also. Eating is a big factor in making those love handles disappear...

wolf5958

lil Fuzzybear
Doesn't matter if you goto the gym 10 times a day, 7 days a week. Its what you eat also. Eating is a big factor in making those love handles disappear...
I am on a diabetic 1600 cal a day diet I run a tread mill everyday for 20 mins and 3x a week I go to cardic rehab 20 min tread mill 10 min elpitic and 10 min on the bike as well as weight training in 3 months I have only lost 5 lbs but at least i don't get out of breath anymore...
From what the nurse tells me it has a lot to do with metabiloism (sp) and the fact that I don't eat the way I should which is 6 meals a day which is described in my diet plan I was never a breakfast eater but I am told the key to weight lose is eating breakfast to get the metabilism going. By the way I started eating breakfast a month ago and that is when I started losing the weight.

Good point -

I eat essentially the same thing every day -

low fat yogurt and banana for breakfast

salad with chicken or turkey with olive oil and balsamic dressing for lunch

turkey burger (no bun) or grilled chicken with spinach or broccoli and fruit for desert

if there's a late night snack it's usually another low fat yogurt.

Don't get me wrong - I have lost weight, and I feel great - just the damn obliques won't whip into shape for me.

gern

Last edited:
Good point -

I eat essentially the same thing every day -

low fat yogurt and banana for breakfast

salad with chicken or turkey with olive oil and balsamic dressing for lunch

turkey burger (no bun) or grilled chicken with spinach or broccoli and fruit for desert

if there's a late night snack it's usually another low fat yogurt.

Don't get me wrong - I have lost weight, and I feel great - just the damn obliques won't whip into shape for me.

gern

Alot of times it's just genetics with those love handles. I started working out several months ago and found out a good diet is as important as the exercises themselves. I feel a lot better about myself since I started and the improved sexual appetite and performance are a nice added benefit.