How did you find the 107.170.79.139 IP address for UG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokler

Power Bottom
Good idea, but I'm on a home computer always subject to "snooping" and I try to be careful to at least attempt to "clear" bookmarks, history, and cache - and I use Google Chrome "incognito" mode to "hobby". Putting that bookmark in clear site would make it too easy for someone to access UG and then start the questions.

But thanks anyway.
You don't have a smart phone ?

As long as you're using the prediction service (the default on most browsers - it autocompletes your entry when you begin typing in the address bar based on your past entries), simply typing "1" will probably bring up the IP address if you've entered it long form before and you don't have other entries beginning with a 1.

Yes that's true. Have to clear history completely first
Actually, you can rid yourself of offending URLs (or IP addresses) individually by using the down arrow on the keyboard to highlight the the one you want to obliterate from the address box drop-down and then click "Shift" and "Delete." It's gone. This way you don't have to delete your entire browser history to remove a few incriminating URLs and still retain your desirable predictions.

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
Good idea, but I'm on a home computer always subject to "snooping" and I try to be careful to at least attempt to "clear" bookmarks, history, and cache - and I use Google Chrome "incognito" mode to "hobby". Putting that bookmark in clear site would make it too easy for someone to access UG and then start the questions.

But thanks anyway.
While I don't hobby on the computer that we share, I still take precautions on my own computer. A simple thing you can do, if you are using chrome, is to set up a hobby google account. I can log into chrome with that account, set up my bookmarks, which sync to google, do all my hobbying, and then sign out of that google account. The history is stored in the account, so when you sign out, if you forget to clear the cache, then it should be done.

This has the advantage of letting you save bookmarks for the hobby, have them available at any computer you use, and then having them be gone, clearing your tracks, when you log out. Just be sure to disconnect the account from the Chrome preferences when done.

While I don't hobby on the computer that we share, I still take precautions on my own computer. A simple thing you can do, if you are using chrome, is to set up a hobby google account. I can log into chrome with that account, set up my bookmarks, which sync to google, do all my hobbying, and then sign out of that google account. The history is stored in the account, so when you sign out, if you forget to clear the cache, then it should be done.

This has the advantage of letting you save bookmarks for the hobby, have them available at any computer you use, and then having them be gone, clearing your tracks, when you log out. Just be sure to disconnect the account from the Chrome preferences when done.
Thanks Waterclone. I'll give that a try.

I don't know if this has been going on for a while now or not, but I noticed that UG is finding its way back onto Google search with links using the IP address. That's bound to bring traffic back to the site. I guess the multitude of robots visiting the site is having an effect. Yay team!

Utopiaguide has been like the news 12 of monger forums. Gonna miss it. I see the influx of traffic on other monger forums that have updated platforms with massaging and im hoping the a.d.d. of the community doesnt leave this place forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.