How did you find the 107.170.79.139 IP address for UG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious - seems like UG mongers are pretty resourceful in that many managed to find UG's IP address and logged on w/o the help of the DNS.
So how did you find out?

As for me I thought UG was gone forever and I went to another site that I haven't been to in years.
There was a post there that said "What happened to UG?"
The reply was that there was a problem with the DNS and to get to UG you need to use 107.170.79.139

Any updates on the dns situation?

At this point is there a point leaving any reviews since most people will not be able to connect?

I'm sure that many visitors think by now that the site is done for. (may be it is?)

Nice to be able to be back - although trying to remember "107...." is a bitch compared to just typing in "utopiaguide.xxx" - almost as bad as trying to remember multiple passwords. Thanks to another hobbyist who PM'd me on another board with the address. Thought I was never getting back here -once again able to access the primary board I use for info. Still can't use the link in e-mail alerts to view UG thteads. Will the dns issue ever be resolved?

Good idea, but I'm on a home computer always subject to "snooping" and I try to be careful to at least attempt to "clear" bookmarks, history, and cache - and I use Google Chrome "incognito" mode to "hobby". Putting that bookmark in clear site would make it too easy for someone to access UG and then start the questions.

But thanks anyway.

Good idea, but I'm on a home computer always subject to "snooping" and I try to be careful to at least attempt to "clear" bookmarks, history, and cache - and I use Google Chrome "incognito" mode to "hobby". Putting that bookmark in clear site would make it too easy for someone to access UG and then start the questions.

But thanks anyway.
Or you could name the bookmark something that your SO doesn't care about such as furnace and refrigerator filters and hide it in plain sight with all the other bookmarks that you copied from the browser she uses to the one that you use for mongering. Of course you also have set up the clear history on exit and auto word suggest - right?

Status
Not open for further replies.