High End Brothels?

Originally posted by hot4chicks
jl- why have the quality last-minute chicks dried up? I would have thought they'd be more available.
It's not that the women have dried up. It's that the venues have dried up. Independents can't be relied on for last-minute sessions by definition. The agencies that are any good at all are extremely pricey (I know, if you want convenience you have to pay for it, but still . . . .)

To the extent that women who once would've worked at so-called "high-end" brothels are now working as independents (and the brothels themselves don't exist), the pool of women available at the last minute lessens.

Originally posted by justlooking
the extent that women who once would've worked at so-called "high-end" brothels are now working as independents (and the brothels themselves don't exist)
FWIW, I don't think this is really such a bad thing overall.

æ

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Another thing:

Most guys don't like going to brothels because they can be seen entering, leaving, while inside, whatever. Access to independants for them (thru sites like eros, etc.) is seen as a giant leap forward, as the brothels weren't the preferred mode, but what they had access to ( and outcall meant getting a hotel, etc.). Independant incall is a fairly new thing for the mass market audience (obviously it always existed, but not nearly as much accessability to it ..... just look at how CL has exploded).

But I still think the "barriers to entry for a higher end spot" is one of the main reasons why you don't see too many anymore, followed closely by the "it's the economy, stupid".

Originally posted by slinkybender
Another thing:

Most guys don't like going to brothels because they can be seen entering, leaving, while inside, whatever. Access to independants for them (thru sites like eros, etc.) is seen as a giant leap forward, as the brothels weren't the preferred mode, but what they had access to ( and outcall meant getting a hotel, etc.). Independant incall is a fairly new thing for the mass market audience (obviously it always existed, but not nearly as much accessability to it ..... just look at how CL has exploded).
But also exploding are DSS, S5, ASSCon, underground parties . . . .

Slinky Bender

But also, just because you're seeing spots like that which you never saw before, doesn't really mean they are "exploding". In fact, I'll bet that City wide, there are actaully less of them right now.

Mike's

justlooking said:
Although they aren't brothels, strictly speaking.

(I'm sure there are lots of places that fit her description, but they're private. The only one I've even heard of is Mike's -- but I can't get in there or even call them.)
Is he the guy who has a loft in the Village with 10-15 girls at all times with $700 being the going rate these days??

justlooking said:
I disagree.

As a married man, I find it much easier to whore on a spur-of-the-moment basis, when I find I have some time, than to plan in advance.

Say I plan something a week in advance, and the night before my wife mentions that she's made some plans for us the next night with friends I really like. What do I do? Say, "Can't make it, dear: I have a prostitution session set up"? And really, I'd probably rather see the friends anyway.

(Which is not to say I ever do much spur-of-the-moment whoring anymore. But that's mainly because it's so expensive relative to what I can get if I plan ahead. I.e., because the quality last-minute market has dried up. So I sacrifice convenience.)
You haven't even mentioned kids and school. What if one of your kids gets sick, you going to tell the school "I'll be there in 2 hours after my session".

slinkybender said:
The majority of $500 to $600 "striclty incalls" have faded away in recent years. Althogh I do think there's room for a resurgence of the once popular model of "girl in a studio apartment doing incall" that Charlie and Martha used to do well with.

I would say 600 is more of the start to the high-end rather than 300-400.

Slinky Bender

No, that was Jason Itzler of NY Confidential (funny, I just came from a meeting w/ the guy who shot the documentary on Jason/Natalia/NYConfidential). They were in Tribeca; Mike's ?was/is? in Noho.

Sorry to somewhat disagree Slink but my crew would pay 3-500 to party and fuck A team girls......The girls would have to be smokin but I get asked all the time for a spot like you described....My buddies drop more than that in regular strip places..........