Help this is making me crazy!!Can't change photo in Yahoo

Guys I know this sounds ridiculous but I've spent literally ALL f-ing day trying to do this to no avail. I know 10 year olds can probably do this in 5 mins but this has really ruined my day no joking. I really need to have a photo that I want because I use that particular email addy for business. I have decent computer knowledge but this is kicking my ass today.

I've googled the problem and nothing seems to work that I've seen. I click on the photo holder in my profile where it says add/change photo and that takes me to the box to browse to find the photo to upload. I have the photo on my computer that I want to use but its continually coming back with an error message saying something like "invalid bla bla try again." I've checked on the Yahoo help page go step by step correctly but still cant get this damn photo as my main image. This is enough to make me ditch yahoo completely but the problem is I've had this email address for years and dont want to create new one right now.

I've resized the photo I want to use several times but I still get the same error message. The photo is a jpeg, 2.57 kbs with a size of 82 x 106 pixels. I have IE 8.

And oh yeah drinks are on moneybags Gavy at the sleazy Paterson stripclub of your choice if anyone can figure this out before I go postal on my computer, thanks!

OK I just tried it again for the umpteenth time and same error message. Exact message says "Error uploading image, invalid response, please try again."

This is in my Yahoo profile page for the photo/image that gets sent with your email. I've done it successfully in the past with another yahoo email account but cant do it now. I'm at wits end!

No pudgy its actually 106 pixels LOL. But I did resize it to under 100 pixels and still I got the same error message. I'm still trying, still not able to do it but thanks for the help anyway.

I just did the exact thing you tried. I don't think you have to worry about the size, as i just uploaded a photo and was able to resize using yahoo's software. I know you probably tried by for giggles i'll list my steps.

-click on your name then account info.
-edit profile details
-click on the photo next to "my info"
-then click the photo on the bottom of it "add/change photo"
if the photo you want doesn't come up in the box:
-upload photo
-find photo in folder and click
-yahoo software will provide a tool to zoom.
-then upload.

it sounds like you tried this, but just in case you missed a step i figured i'd try. if this doesn't help, post a question on yahoo answers.

Thanks canthelpit, yes I did exactly those steps but I keep getting the damn error message and it doesnt upload. The only thing I can think of is that my computer is a couple of years old and doesnt have too much memory. Maybe I should give it a try with a newer computer.

Thanks canthelpit, yes I did exactly those steps but I keep getting the damn error message and it doesnt upload. The only thing I can think of is that my computer is a couple of years old and doesnt have too much memory. Maybe I should give it a try with a newer computer.
make sure you have the latest yahoo and ie.

As simple as it may sound try doing a hard boot on your computer ( shut it down completely and turn back on) and try clearing out your cache/cookies and temp files on IE- You may have a small bit of corrupted data that is interfering

Well I still cant figure out this problem I'm having with my Yahoo profile, I'm just gonna have to send out my emails without the logo picture on the heading of the page. This has been one of the most frustrating things I swear and enough to make me drop Yahoo mail. Thanks for the advice though guys.