Georgia Congressman Broun - R : "Evolution...pits of hell"

Yes there are plenty of nuts in each party. No one has a monopoly on such.
I'm sorry but there is no one on the other side remotely close to the same magnitude of the Republican anti-science and anti-women agenda, they fonhave a monploly on these two two topics. Rape is another form of conception, women don't get pregnant from rape or incest, women have animalistic defense mechanisms, pregnacy starts two weeks before procration, denial of Darwin, we were founded as a Christian Nation. It's just too much to play I'm rubber you are glue and it just keeps coming.

Republican Steve King does but he also believes women can't get pregnant from rape or incest.

http://m.theatlanticwire.com/politi...getting-pregnant-statutory-rape-incest/56014/
I would like Steve King to show more backbone and unequivocally come out against dog fighting. As far as rape goes...

This quote from King from the Atlantic Wire -- your source -- pretty much sums up the rape issue in his context:

I never said, nor do I believe, a woman, including minors, cannot get pregnant from rape, statutory rape or incest. Suggesting otherwise is ridiculous, shameful, disgusting and nothing but an attempt to falsely define who I am. I have never heard of and categorically reject the so-called medical theory that launched this controversy. The people who promote these vicious attacks are paid to create lies and to assassinate the character of elected officials."

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Honestly , this country needs a 3rd party. I am right of center yet detest the Republican Party just as much as I despise the Democrats. The country needs another option. Love them or hate them, movements like the tea party or occupy Wall Street were captivating, but they had no $ to sustain them. This is where someone like a Bloomberg could actually start a viable 3rd party. Someone worth $15 billion could easily just live on $1 or $1.5 billion and put the rest into a new party.

One can only hope...

I would like Steve King to show more backbone and unequivocally come out against dog fighting. As far as rape goes...

This quote from King from the Atlantic Wire -- your source -- pretty much sums up the rape issue in his context:

I never said, nor do I believe, a woman, including minors, cannot get pregnant from rape, statutory rape or incest. Suggesting otherwise is ridiculous, shameful, disgusting and nothing but an attempt to falsely define who I am. I have never heard of and categorically reject the so-called medical theory that launched this controversy. The people who promote these vicious attacks are paid to create lies and to assassinate the character of elected officials."
That was his bullshit backtrack, no man especially politicans should be taking about rape and pregnancy as a talking point, this is a women's issue. The whole conservative legitimate rape is revolting, as our good president said "rape is rape".

Last edited:
It's better watching it than reading it, but a classic nevertheless...

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

Dubya.

If the discussion is about dumb statements:

“You didn’t build it !”
Yeah, except thatveasca spice of a bigger statement regarding community and citizenship. The only dumb think is Republicans have so little to go on they needed a distortion of out of context as a platform.

In what world of rational sense of portortion can these two mix of words compare anyway ???? grasp at straws to justify the lunacy of your party much ????

Can anything any other political elected leader say except I ride on unicorns or have a 6ft white rabbit BFF named Harvey compare to what these delusional Republicans are saying. These are not gaffes, it's Lithium time for this bunch. Can we please stop the normal talk rationalizations to this new kind of crazy, I am certain nothing past or present is an acceptable comparison to this new anti-science and anti-women evangelist talk, I'm just waiting for the snake charmers to take the congressional floor.

“One of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror. ”

Dubya.
It's not the finest moment but still sensible talk and doesn't defy over a hundred years of widely accepted and indusputible scientific theory. You don't mess with Darwin, normal people accept evolution.

Last edited:
What this guy said was not dumb, it was batcrap crazy talk normally confined to insane asylums or those people who stand on boxes in Times Square. Dumb is not crazy, there is a difference.

My faves from the Kenyan...

“I think it’s important for us to understand that the Fast and Furious program was a field-initiated program begun under the previous administration"

“It’s here that companies like Solyndra are leading the way toward a brighter and more prosperous future.”

“Guantanamo will be closed no later than one year from now.”

My faves from the Kenyan...

“I think it’s important for us to understand that the Fast and Furious program was a field-initiated program begun under the previous administration"

“It’s here that companies like Solyndra are leading the way toward a brighter and more prosperous future.”

“Guantanamo will be closed no later than one year from now.”
Is any of these statements a realistic comparison to the denial of evolution ???

The justification examples to this religious zealot is just ludicrious, there is nothing to compare what this mentally unstable congressman stated. We will never be a scientific global competition to any western industrialized nation if these ignorant bible thumper keep getting elected to lawmaking positions. There is no logical alternative to Darwinism, we are not a Christian Theological nation, end of story, forward not backwards.

It's chilling and embarrassing that Republicans Broun and Akin are both on the congressional science and technology committee. One or both believe we rode on dinosaurs and a female reproductive system has an animalistic defense mechanism that shuts down while being raped.