Flushing KTVs / Hostess Bars

This past Friday I checked out both places mentioned by mrtaiwan, and either of them would be fine for that night out I'm planning. I really thought it would be more difficult to find something due to the language barrier, but thanks to mrtaiwan there's a couple of options already.

I met a buddy of mine at the one closer to main street, that was was somewhat crowded. The other was less crowded, but still a very good place.

Now, initially there was some tension, partly I think because I showed up by myself and I don't know if that's too common (my exceedingly late friend was late even by his standards). There was a little back-and-forth, and my not speaking the language didn't help, but it all worked out after I made it clear I'd respect whatever rules there were.

Slowly, the proverbial ice broke, and before long everyone was having a good time. Even a couple of other customers warmed up a little, which brings me to my next point...

This one guy, in very broken English, and very much drunk, was suggesting another bar/KTV near the downtown area. From northern blvd, he just kept pointing west toward the northern blvd bridge. What I got was that there were supposedly very beautiful woman there. Now, this could be any number of places I guess, and what I'm providing is an essentially useleless detail, but if I get a chance I'll check out around there and see what I come up with.

In the end, all the girls were very nice, so I bought enough alcohol and tipped well, and got home damn late, but happy enough.
next time just try to be more assertive and squeeze an address out of the guy :]

Hey everyone...hope all of you are doing well...

So, as I've mentioned in a previous post, I've been living back in flushing again after some time away. I appreciate the advice I was given in this thread about KTV/ hostess bars. Had a very good night when my friends visited a while ago, and back in June I hit a few other bars as well.

Now, I know these places seem like a waste of time and money for a lot of people, but going on occasion is fun in my opinion. Back in June I hit a place on farrington street right off northern, as well as one on northern (east of utopia pkwy) and another on 162 street. Earlier in April/May, I hit both places mrtaiwan mentioned, which were cool as well. More often than not, after some understandable tension (often ive been accompanied by non-asian friends)and an "ice-breaking" period, I've met girls who were really very cool. Even though there's varying degrees of a language barrier, and the whole idea is that they're paid to be nice to customers, there have been some genuinely fun nights (although one place wouldn't let 2 guys in, but that's another story...)

Some friends have absolutely loved certain places, some were just happy to be away from their wives for a night, and others absolutely thought it was a rip-off.

Have any of you guys from the board here met up and went out to a bar? I don't know if that's done here, but the reason I ask is I'm looking to check a few places out that I haven't been to. I'd be open to the idea, and even though I've gone to a couple of bars alone and still had a good time, it's usually better with a couple of other people.

Would there be any interest in that kind of thing here?

Hey everyone...hope all of you are doing well...

So, as I've mentioned in a previous post, I've been living back in flushing again after some time away. I appreciate the advice I was given in this thread about KTV/ hostess bars. Had a very good night when my friends visited a while ago, and back in June I hit a few other bars as well.

Now, I know these places seem like a waste of time and money for a lot of people, but going on occasion is fun in my opinion. Back in June I hit a place on farrington street right off northern, as well as one on northern (east of utopia pkwy) and another on 162 street. Earlier in April/May, I hit both places mrtaiwan mentioned, which were cool as well. More often than not, after some understandable tension (often ive been accompanied by non-asian friends)and an "ice-breaking" period, I've met girls who were really very cool. Even though there's varying degrees of a language barrier, and the whole idea is that they're paid to be nice to customers, there have been some genuinely fun nights (although one place wouldn't let 2 guys in, but that's another story...)

Some friends have absolutely loved certain places, some were just happy to be away from their wives for a night, and others absolutely thought it was a rip-off.

Have any of you guys from the board here met up and went out to a bar? I don't know if that's done here, but the reason I ask is I'm looking to check a few places out that I haven't been to. I'd be open to the idea, and even though I've gone to a couple of bars alone and still had a good time, it's usually better with a couple of other people.

Would there be any interest in that kind of thing here?
UG does not allow meetings.

Toward the end of August, one Saturday at the 159th St place, maybe Aug 20 or 27. They are open every day.

Stay tuned.
Sorry I never made this happen. But I was there last weekend and had a good time. Let me know if anyone still wants to make a group trip.

Question for the board: the owner said she wanted to hire a security guard. What is the collective wisdom of the board about who and what this person should be? FYI most of the patrons are Korean men.

Sorry I never made this happen. But I was there last weekend and had a good time. Let me know if anyone still wants to make a group trip.

Question for the board: the owner said she wanted to hire a security guard. What is the collective wisdom of the board about who and what this person should be? FYI most of the patrons are Korean men.
Count me in if I can find a way that my wife does not go nuts over a night out with the boys. LOL

L

lamps

sound good.. let me know when

Great read! I'm also from Taiwan and my last trip there got capped off with a trip to a Taipei hostess bar. I ran up a purty big bill that night, but it was fun fun fun. After coming back to NJ/NYC, I kept hearing about staff at the American hostess bars (United Nations and K-town area perhaps?) making customers so drunk they can't even see how much $ they signed away. I shied away as a result.

For the numbers I'm seeing here, I just might want to hop on board. I don't imbibe heavily either (not enough alcohol dehydrogenase in my system, so I'm red after two).

I'll be following this thread closely!