Fire Torre!

mitchmaxx said:
I was 22 in 1986, si I was BBIIIGGG into the Games back then,

That team and this are very similar, if our pitching was intact, we would be rolling into the series right now, not having to win 2 at home...
I was 35 way back then, went to all the home NLCS and home World Series games. Only had to play catcher three times at the Anvil to get those tix. I agree that the 86 and this year's teams are not the same. Not only was the pitching younger and better in 86, but there were several guys with real balls on the 86 team, starting with Carter and Hernandez. And who can ever forget the guts Kevin Mitchell showed in his at bat in Game 6. This year's team doesn't yet have any one of that kind of character, with maybe the exception of the manager. But the 06 Mets are alot of fun and have a much brighter future, IMHO, than the gloomie gussies in the Bronx.

Lo Duca has balls, as does Martinz, as does Hernandez, as does Delgado... In my comparison I was refering to there LOVE of the game, and the fun they seem to be having... not a bunch of dickhead millionaires, but a bunch of guys who actually enjoy going out there and ripping up the field, and the ball...

not the team, not the time, not your year, the mets, that should be the new slogan for the mets, to all the asshole met fans who have been thinking their team is the shit, hahahahahahahahaha, it was a good game though, just glad to see them make their exit

SPORTBOOK said:
not the team, not the time, not your year, the mets, that should be the new slogan for the mets, to all the asshole met fans who have been thinking their team is the shit, hahahahahahahahaha, it was a good game though, just glad to see them make their exit
Are you still whining? Your team was a disgrace and quit like a bunch of dirty dogs. You have no business insulting ANY other team. You're pathetic.

Torre's going to grandfather the Yanks to another divisional round ouster next year. A change was necessary. This was a repeat of last year. Pinella would have shoved a bat down Arod's throat after another pathetic post season performance.