Favorite Pro Wrestlers....Past and Present .

past favs

Back in the 80s growing up I liked
Paul Orndorff and Roddy Piper

Chris Adams and Gino Hernandez in WCCW.

90s Bret Hart HBK

and then ECW with the Triple Threat
Douglas, Candido, Storm, Bigelow among others.

Also big fan of Raven and Justin Credible (impact players).

Current days I don't watch much other than Wrestlemania.

I like Jericho.

Always preferred the heels.

Andrew "Test" Martin died last week at age 33. Probably an overdose, but they're still waiting on autopsy results. Test almost "married" Stephanie McMahon on TV until Triple H revealed they were married in a Las Vegas drive-in ceremony.

Funny, this conversation came up about 2 weeks ago with a bunch of dads doing field maintenance for the little field prior to the start of the new season. One of the guys brought his son, and the son was talking about all the new guys. The dads started reminicing back to the old days when wrestling was "real". Some of my favorites (please excuse the spelling):

Jimmy "SuperFly" Snooca
Chief Jay Strongbow (loved the warpath, even if it only worked about 20% of the time)
Ivan Putskie (the Polish Hammer)
Rowdy Roddy Piper (until he did a horrible SciFi movie)
Bruno San Martino
Any Midget wrestler
The Asian guy that reminded me of Sulu from Star Trek

George The Animal Steele!!
He holds both a B.A and a Masters Degree and has dyslexia!
NO SHIT?!? He should have won an Oscar/Tony and any other acting award that existed at the time! I knew he didn't really eat turnbuckles, but I would have guessed a trucker or low education blue collar physical laborer that was found by accident. Then again, no reason why a trucker wouldn't have a masters, especially now when you can get a degree online.

Yeah, Andre the Giant died. He had gigantism. Go figure. He had bad kidneys or something like that.
Unlike Piper, I actually liked Andre in his acting career (The Princess Bride, no I am not gay, not that there's anything wrong with that).

But Andre should have been on my list. I've only read a few pages on this thread and the memories are great.

A few

When I was really young...I was a huge 4 Horseman fan (Tully Blanchard, Ole n Arn Anderson, and Nature Boy Ric Flair). As I got older I became a "Legion of Doom" Road Warriors fan ..Animal and Hawk. Next, it was Stone Cold Steve Austin. Presently John Cena and Dave Batista

I love watching on MSG network, The vault. When they go to the MSG vault and you see old Bastetball and Hockey games. We they do have old time Wrestling also. I is cool to see most of the guys listed here, shown on there.

I love watching on MSG network, The vault. When they go to the MSG vault and you see old Bastetball and Hockey games. We they do have old time Wrestling also. I is cool to see most of the guys listed here, shown on there.
They do sometimes. Not too long ago they showed Superfly Snuka against Bob Backlund (?).

My favorite wrestler was WCW Scott Hall. I loved the Outsiders.

I always liked Mr.Perfect and I got really pumped when he went back to the WWE at the end of his career, but he was soon gone after a month. I think he had a really good match with The Rock before he left. Does anyone know the story about him confronting that jerk Brock Lesnar on a plane or something like that?

I also love Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko, who had terrible mic skills, but was a great technical wrestler.

"One more for the good guys" -Scott Hall

I only followed it in the 70'sand early to middle 80's. Then it got stupid. Never watched or followed it after that. I only watched it, you know, when it was real... lol

............ Jimmy "SuperFly" Snooca
Chief Jay Strongbow (loved the warpath, even if it only worked about 20% of the time)
Ivan Putskie (the Polish Hammer)
Rowdy Roddy Piper (until he did a horrible SciFi movie)
Bruno San Martino
Any Midget wrestler
The Asian guy that reminded me of Sulu from Star Trek

Bruno was the BEST.

Also, Pedro Morales ..... former Heavyweight and Intercontinental Champion.