Favorite Pro Wrestlers....Past and Present .

oooohhhhhhh, i remember seeing george chew up the turnbuckles at sunnyside garden when i was a kid. he'd show up at the arena early in a suit, sign autographs and talk to all the kids, then go out and put on his show.

In the mid-80s the WWF had low budget shows in neighborhood school auditoriums in Brooklyn. As a young prick I remember attending shows in Crown Heights that featured The Brooklyn Brawler, Hill Billy Jim, The Haiti Kid, Lloyd Littlebrook, Mr. X and of all people, Moondog Spot. At the time, I thought I was witnessing the greatest shit I may ever witness. Admission was $1 to $2. How times fly.

play

Wiki says Pedro Morales lives in "Central New Jersey" !!

Here's another fave of mine: Chief Jay Strongbow ("Joltin'" Joe Scarpa) - when being Indian didn't get people upset and all politically correctifying.

Bruno Sammartino. I always looked forward to seeing him on the old Channel 47 show, Luche Libre, when Vince McMahon and Antonio Rocca (who died at only 55 in 1977) were the commentators. The Argentinian Rocca would say he's "taking his shoes off" for a good match-up. Sure, it was fake, but it sure seemed real to me.

i still remember the first time i went to the garden to see wrestling. i was about 10 and little did my older brother or me know, at that time you had to be 14 to get in. the motherfucker was actually gonna throw me out!!!!!! my brother said why did they sell us the fucking tickets if they're not gonna let us in!???! i stood there crying (how manly) the asshole ticket takers boss came over, shot a "what are you fucking stupid?" look at the asshole at the door and let me in.