Favorite Pro Wrestlers....Past and Present .

They just did a show about Wrestling on like the Discovery Channel or something and they had the history of it all. From Antonino Rocco, and before that. But they got to the videos of Bruno and they were great.

Cause he has another ex-wife to pay alimony, too. The man seriously did not put any money away for retirement.
I don't think wrestlers make a lot of money anyway. I remember seeing the Rock, in an intrerview, say that he made more money from one movie than he did in his entire wrestling career. When you make movies like "the Tooth Fairy" you better be making obscene money for it!

I don't think wrestlers make a lot of money anyway. I remember seeing the Rock, in an intrerview, say that he made more money from one movie than he did in his entire wrestling career. When you make movies like "the Tooth Fairy" you better be making obscene money for it!
As a headliner, the Rock probably made over a million dollars a year for his top years. I've read that his downside was $600,000. The downside is what you get paid is the minimum he could get paid before merchandising and house shows and other bonuses. He apparently made over 2 million a year for some years. According to internet sites (and of course the info must be true!) Triple H made over 2 million downside a year and has limited use of the company jet (that info was about 5 years old). Given that many wrestlers travel quite a bit, perform most nights and perform in pain, the money they make may not seems like a lot. The lower card guys make crap and the mid card guys make about $250,000 a year. But the top guys do pretty well.

Bret Hart eventually signed a downside deal with the WCW that paid him a million a year for 10 years prior to the Rock's run at that top. Vince insistance that he couldn't pay that kind of money eventually led to the Montreal Screwjob. Anyway, the Rock does make obscene amounts of money for his lousy movies.

As for the Nature Boy, he should have hung it up a long time ago. He likely made very good money when Eric Bischoff was spending Ted Turner's money on him.

The top-line wrestlers are paid pretty well, but most are paid shit. No matter, all of them have to pay their own health insurance. Here they are putting their bodies on the line five or six nights a week and their career can end at any moment. McMahon is one cheap bastard.

Wrestling

Captain Lou Albano. R.I.P.! Haystack Calhoun, BoBo Brazil, The Fabulous Samoans, Bobby Backlund Great fun! I caught some of these guys at the Garden and I swear they put speakers under the seats so when they were thrown you felt it and heard it up close and personal!

R.I.P. Eddie Fatu aka Umaga

Somehow I missed this and maybe some others did as well, but Umaga, who was released by WWE back in June of 09, died on 12/04/09 of a heart attack at the age of 36. R.I.P. Samoan Bulldozer.

play

Wow!! Does this bring back memories. My favorites are: George the Animal Steal (College Professor in real life), Jesse The Body, The Wild Samoans and the best ever at doing interviews was Mean Gene Okerlund. I also did like the Hulkster and the Macho Man when they did interviews. Great stuff.

yes he was. he was a very intelligent man and a good guy. i remember seeing him "fight" pedro morales at the old sunnyside garden. we got there really early, he showed up in a suit and tie and gave every kid who went up to him an autograph. before and after the show. plus, we got all the classic "steelisms", drooling, chewing the turnbuckle. hard to believe, i can't remember what i had for breakfast, but i remember this. lol.