Favorite Cookies ~ Past and Present

Giant firm and chewy oatmeal raisin cookies.
Chocolate chip pecan ain't bad either.
I prefer to eat the sugar cookie dough raw...;)

Jras I'm with you 100%. Especially with eating the raw cookie dough. I'm almost embarrassed to say that I've eaten those cookie dough logs in the yellow wrapping raw many, many times.

Did you know Mallomars are seasonal?

My dad used to love stale Mallowmars. At one point, he even had a "Mallowmars cellar" (ok, it was in the storage closet upstairs) so he could stock up and have a constant rotation of stale one's.
My dad would freeze them for those long summer months when they weren't available.

Apparently the reason from being seasonal was that they were shipped in unrefrigerated trailers and are or were at one time made somewhere in the south. They're also coated in milk choc rather than the usual dark choc so they melted a lot faster.

Gingerbread men with red hots for the eyes, smiles and buttons.
Chocolate chip, both chewy and crisp, depending on mood.
Pizzelles, though I'm not sure they qualify.

Pepperidge Farm Milano's are really friggin good. I also like homemade chocolate chip, but the dough is surely the best part. My mom used to let my sister and I lick the beaters from the mixer when we were little.... it was such a treat.

Scooter Pies and Moon Pies should fall under the same catagory as Ring Dings, Devil Dogs etc.....
Absolutely not. Scooter Pies are much like their smaller cousins the Malomar. They are two big cookies with marshmallow inside and covered with chocolate. Ring Dings, Devil Dogs are cakes with fillings.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Myaternal gandmother used to make a simple butter cookie with jam in the center. (Either an apple or grape). Very simple, but very delicious. My sister has taken this task on, but not with the same results, unfortunately.

Gavy