Favorite Cookies ~ Past and Present

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
The revitalized "candybar" thread got me thinking, especially about the Chocolite bar from my youth. I began to think about other treats of my youth that mom used to get us.

My favorite cookies of all-time were made by Nabisco. They came in small boxes. One was a chocolate cookie called Chocolate Snaps. It was a brown box with a picture of the cookie and a bear face drawn on the picture of the cookie. It was sold along with a chocolate chip cookie in a red box. The picture of the cookie had a tiger face drawn on it. I wish they still sold them...

Those were some delicious cookies. I used to put peanut-butter on the chocolate chip ones and made mimi-sandwiches. They sold those at least until the 90s. I remember this girl I was dating stole a case of these cookies for me from the Genovese that she was working at in Massapequa. True love...

You can't go wrong with Entemann's soft baked chocolate chip cookies either. Thank G*d they brought the original formula back a few years back. They went downhill for a stretch there...

Gavy

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Did you know Mallomars are seasonal?

My dad used to love stale Mallowmars. At one point, he even had a "Mallowmars cellar" (ok, it was in the storage closet upstairs) so he could stock up and have a constant rotation of stale one's.