Eats close to hobbying locations

Mr. Wet Wooly said:
I spend a lot of time at Japanese sake bars, called izakayas, in midtown in the 40s and 50s. Draft beer, shochu and sake, cheap decent pub chow--not sushi, but small, cooked dishes like yakitori. Most are open till 3am or later and are ideal for pre or post-mongering snacks. They usually feature an attractive all-female staff and can really get you in the mood.

Some of my usual haunts are Sakagura on 43rd st, Hagi on 49th and Oga on 47th St.
Thank you, WW. Where are these joints? East Side, West Side? Between what and what?

seeker6591 said:
its no problem and exactly on topic

many members here hobby at the high mileage places in NNJ and was posted for their convenience.

if thats too "low brow " for some, so be it....for others it works!
I admire you guys for posting so much.

Monk said:
Thank you, WW. Where are these joints? East Side, West Side? Between what and what?
Hagi's on the West Side between 6th and 7th, the rest are on the East Side.

I wouldn't recommend Sakagura to you without telling you how to find it. It's in the lower level of an office building at 211 East 43rd St. between 2nd and 3rd.

It's been mentioned before, but

Tehuitzingo
695 10th Ave | Btwn 47th & 48th St

Those delicious $2 tacos leave you with a lot of cash in your wallet to blow at the West Side strip clubs.

Sakagura

May have to rethink my previous answer. If you take the wrong stairs and go through the wrong door trying to find Sakagura--which is easy considering the clandestine location--you'll come across a Japanese hostess club, which I suspect is under the same ownership.

Talk about late night eats close to hobbying...