Eats close to hobbying locations

We talked about this once before, but it was years ago when the whole New York scene was very different. Where do you like to go to eat and unwind after a session with your favorite (or regular) provider?

I'm happy, for example, that Yama opened an Eastside location on 49th Street between Second and Third because it adds a decent and affordable option to that East 40s/50s neighborhood where so many of the providers seem to operate. Only thing I wish is that they were open late on weeknights.

billyS

Reign of Terror
When coming out of Sanford in the afternoon I always stop at the Empanda shop around the corner. They always have alot of people in there buying sitdown lunches and the stuff they are cooking on the grill looks good but I love to grab a few empandas for a buck each, a grape snapple and its back to Long Island on the Expressway. I open the little container of hot sauce and leave it in the bottom of the bag and dip the Empandas in it as I drive home. Even though the empandas are fried, they never leave me with a full feeling or bloated like some fast food.

Mr. Wet Wooly said:
Because the last thing I'd want to do is eat a greasy cheesesteak immediately before a scheduled session.
Yeah, there's nothing like getting the runs in the middle of a session! (And, for once, I don't speak from experience.)

This is the best we can do?!? Irvington?!!!

What about places in the financial district near that infamous house of ill repute? Or near Penn Station, where I know a lot of you spend your time?

justlooking said:
That's the problem with the board. No matter what you talk about, it always turns to Irvington.

its no problem and exactly on topic

many members here hobby at the high mileage places in NNJ and was posted for their convenience.

if thats too "low brow " for some, so be it....for others it works!

I spend a lot of time at Japanese sake bars, called izakayas, in midtown in the 40s and 50s. Draft beer, shochu and sake, cheap decent pub chow--not sushi, but small, cooked dishes like yakitori. Most are open till 3am or later and are ideal for pre or post-mongering snacks. They usually feature an attractive all-female staff and can really get you in the mood.

Some of my usual haunts are Sakagura on 43rd st, Hagi on 49th and Oga on 47th St.