Dream come true, or ... nightmare?

Status
Not open for further replies.
to casper:

Casper, these are tough questions. I'll be happy to respond "off the cuff," but keep in mind that my considered answers might be very different.

Originally posted by Casper
DonQ: Do you think you've been able to manage better due to the fact you posted and received feedback? (negative and positive)
Without a doubt, I'm much better off having read the responses that were posted here. I sincerely thank everyone who posted. Parenthetically, it was a cathartic experience just to write it all down and post it all, even if no one had responded. But a lot of people have responded. It's gratifying that this is now the 2nd most viewed and replied-to thread on the "general" part of UG, and may soon overtake the #1 "jokes" thread, even though this thread has only been up since May 20th.

How has the emotional turmoil you're in affected your business life.
Not too much. I still do trips and presentations and speeches at conferences. I still do telephone calls and emails and proposals. Business is still growing at a good healthy rate. We're still hiring. No deadlines have been missed. We're hitting all of our "numbers." I think I've done a reasonably good job of separating my personal life from my business activities.

Do you find daydreaming about being with her?
Just about all the time. This still hurts a lot.

Do you see any resentment at all sneaking in towards Lisa?
A little bit, although "resentment" may be too strong a word. I've come to think that I probably don't know who the real Lisa really is very much at all. I suspect she was hiding a lot for me. I doubt I'll ever know the real reasons for that, but I'm guessing she believes she has good reasons to hide things about her life from others. I probably feel sad for her about this, more than I "resent" her about this.

Assuming this doesn't go anywhere and you never hear back from Lisa, do you wish it would have never happened?
Absoluely not. As much as it hurts now, I had a ball this last year. I experienced some things in a way I haven't ever before, and I learned more about me and my feelings that I would never have learned before. I would never want to give that up, even if it meant avoiding the pain.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years (seriously). What do you wish for yourself (not your desires/wants but your wishes/needs). As the Stones so accurately put it "you don't always get what you want, but then sometimes you get what you need"
I don't know how to answer this. Too much is in flux right now. Four weeks ago I would have said I'd probably be in the midst of starting a 2nd family in five years. Now, that seems quite unlikely. One thing I do know: a year ago it would have been unthinkable to me to imagine I would drastically change my life. Now, I know I have been thinking seriously about making major life-changing decisions. I am much less complacent about continuing my life on an unsatisfactory basis. I don't know if marriage counseling will be able to change my life and make it better, but I suspect I will attempt that route. If it works, great, and my life will have been improved. If it doesn't work, than I think some other changes will be needed.

Don thanks for your answers. You've got your head screwed on right so when all is said and done, you'll come out ahead. I do hope you go to marriage counseling cause it will at least give your wife time to realize things are not well and time to get herself in order mentally if the marriage ends.

Peace Out
C

LOL

Originally posted by Bill Furniture
Don, even if it's over with Lisa, you have memories that will last forever. She may have broken your heart, but it could've been worse.
I'm sorry, but I couldn't refuse comparing Bill's comment with the MasterCard commercials. Imagine if you will:

Price of incall -$200 + tip

Price of dinner and incall -$350

Misc. cost of heartaches, timewasted and missed dinners -$ x 50

The memory of being Gumped- PRICELESS!!!!

Thanks for the memories

Pop

DQ- nothing personal, just kidding around

Last edited:
Yeah, nothing like those memories of fooling yourself into thinking you're emotionally involved with a sex worker to last you a lifetime.

(Good thing DonQ doesn't have a wife or children or any other things like that to clog up his memory bank with unimportant trivia.)

justme

homo economicus
Redgardless of depth or posibility, I tend to thing that DQ was genuinely emotionally involved. The fooling bit just came around when determining the depth and possibility.

Fair Enough

Nothing like those memories of getting emotionally involved with a prostitute to last you a lifetime.

(Good thing DonQ doesn't have a wife or children or any other things like that to clog up his memory bank with unimportant trivia.)

Last edited:
heal the pain #1: Rev of December/Sherri

by donQuixote04

I was in New York overnight the other day, and decided it was time to try to move on. This would be my first non-Lisa encounter in more than a year. After a bit of research, I had a list and a priority order in mind, and decided to go with the first appointment I could make.

I started off with Heidi (formally Caitlin of Corp. Affairs) whom I had seen a couple of years ago before she had gone indy. I knew it was a long shot, since I had seen accounts of her unavailability and/or unreliability since going indy (at 917-771-2491). Sure enough, I left a message and never heard back.

Next on my list was Houston.

( http://cityvibe.com/newyork/***/houston.html )

I called her number (917-385-0089) and she picked right up. I told her I had seen her posting on UG and asked for a meeting that evening at my hotel. She had no problem, and we had a date. I told her I'd call her back with my room number once I had checked in. The only thing that surprised me was the complete lack of verification. We had never met before, but we had a date. I know this is a plus for many, but it raises the possibility that Houston might get herself in trouble one day with a bad john.

Unfortunately, I had been a bit too aggressive in my search for a hotel bargain on the internet, and was pleased with the price I got but disappointed in the quality and size of the room. In short, it was a dump, and I decided it was not suitable for an outcall. If I hadn't prepaid over the net, it wouldn't have been suitable for me. Lesson learned: name brand hotels, or previous experience, only. In any case, I called Houston 4 hours before our appointment and cancelled, and then continued on my list, focussing on incall possibilities.

The next on my list was December / Sherri.

( http://www.eros-ny.com/files/to-december1.htm )

Once again, she picked right up (705-321-7675) and confirmed a two hour meeting with no verification needed. Sherri visits from Ontario, and was offering sessions in her midtown hotel, a short walk from my dump. Her hotel was nearly as dumpy as mine, but acceptable.

Sherri is probably in her mid-thirties, and has a very friendly personality. She started off with a nice strip tease. I joined her in disrobing, and noticed that her breasts and belly have numerous unsightly stretch marks. I let this pass without comment, of course, and put this out of my mind. We started off with a bbbj, and she is very skilled at this, and can do a legitimate deep throat, at least with my standard-issue equipment.

After some daty (by the way, she is shaved, and her stubble was irritating -- the shoe on the other foot?), we then covered and shifted to cowgirl and missionary and (I don't know the name of the position that's like missionary but with her legs up around my shoulders). These were all nice, but she is equipped to handle very well endowed gentlemen (or did Bill F visit her just before me?) and friction was minimal. The action was fun, but I was far from finished, even after quite some time. She suggested I lay back and relax, she uncovered me, and finished with a bbbjtc, but with care to direct the shot outside her mouth. No complaints from me on this -- as I said before her oral skills are very well developed.

Overall, if you can get past the stubble burn, the stretch marks, and if you need less friction than me, Sherri would be a very satisfactory and pleasant companion.

As for my "heal-the-pain" campaign, well I did get my rocks off for the first time in a couple of months. On that level, well, I'm back in the game. Still, Sherri is no Lisa, and I'm still stuck on comparing others to that gold standard and fearing that everyone will come up short. This isn't fair to either me or the providers I'll be visiting, I know, but for the time being I don't seem to be able to help it. I still miss Lisa a great deal.

As for heal-the-pain #2, I'm thinking of taking the joint vacation I had suggested to Lisa, but on my own, and making this hobby its focus (my wife will be away at an out-of-town conference).

Last edited:
Re: heal the pain #1: Rev of December/Sherri

Originally posted by donquixote04
I'm still stuck on comparing others to that gold standard and fearing that everyone will come up short. This isn't fair to either me or the providers I'll be visiting
dq - great to see you back in action. of course it will take a while to stop making constant comparisons to lisa, but that will fade....but never completely disappear. remember the good and suppress the bad.

that vacation sounds like it would be perfect for you. if you have the time, try going somewheres, like bangkok, where the girls would very different from lisa.

Last edited:
to azzure

Originally posted by azzure on May 22nd This kind of scenario has probably been experienced in one form or another by every long time whoremonger. It can only end badly. Ending:

1. He totally falls for her, and, in the end realizes he was duped by her ability to act out a GFE. He is unceremoniously dumped and devastated.

2. She totally falls for him. Although it blows him away at first, over time he realizes that he is now confronted with a dilemna: her or the wife and kids. She won't accept anything less than a total commitment from him and ultimately becomes a "Fatal Attraction."

They both fall in love and live happily ever after? Not likely.
azzure, you retrospectively were the first to call the outcome (ending 1). Congratulations. Too bad I'm not as perceptive as you, or maybe it just wasn't so evident in "real time."

Last edited:
to slinky

Originally posted by slinkybender on May 22nd 3. She's lying about Ian. They are still together, and she's using Don to make him jealous. Ian gets pissed off and calls Don's wife and rats him out, and she divorces him. Then Lisa dumps him too.
Well, partial credit, anyway. As Lisa later told me, she was lying about Ian. Of course, I have no idea what the real full truth is. In any case, it seems clear that you were wrong about any intent to involve either my wife or Ian in this whole thing.

to Kimmie

Originally posted by Kimmie on May 23rd Words every lonely, unhappily married client wishes his favorite provider would say..
Yes. And Lisa said them to me -- in response to my wondering if I were paying her enough. Wouldn't she have accepted more money from me if that's what she had wanted? Wouldn't it have been incredibly easy for her to do this, especially since I had raised the subject in the first place? What do you make of this?

to daro

Originally posted by daro on May 24th ... As far as she is concerned, the jury is still out. You know about my 10 vs. 5 rating system. ...
Actually, I have no idea what you are referring to vis-a-vis the "10 vs. 5 rating system." Can you fill me in?

to moneyshotsnj

Originally posted by moneyshotsnj on May 26th ... I'm wondering why Lisa is still exchanging voice mails with him, instead of just cutting him loose altogether. Maybe she's hoping he'll come to his senses and things can go back to the way they were. I'd love to hear what providers think. ...
I'd really like to hear what other providers think too. I wonder why comments and posts from providers stopped just as the story went sour. Are providers not interested in sharing their perspectives because it would shatter our illusions? Is this too close to home? Am I just too dumb to merit even a condenscending remark? Is Lisa too much of a part-timer for other providers to relate to?

to Space

Lot's of what you write in your post is good, solid thinking. All the more surprising how some of the things are so off base. To wit:

Originally posted by Space on May 29th ... Another thought that occurred to me; you're a really, really talkative guy aren't you? I mean to the point where your family and friends habitually tune you out. Does that sound accurate?

Maybe I'm wrong, but to me you sound like someone with a considerable manic streak. ... you remind me an awful lot of a freelance writer I used to work with. Fantastic writer/reporter (when he wanted to be), but boy he could chew my ear on the phone all day if I let him. ... He also tended to leave me LOTS of voice mails if he didn't get a response fast enough to suit him. Sound familiar? ...
Actually, none of the things in this quote above are even remotely descriptive of me. I'm generally pretty quiet. I think I'm better than most in knowing when I've made my point and when to shut up. Perhaps you mistake numerous lengthy posts in this thread for talkativeness. In any case, while lots of what you posted seems right on, these suppositions are neither accurate nor familiar. Thanks, though, for the time and effort you devoted to thinking this stuff through for my benefit.

to all

Just a minor update... As it turns out, I've decided to follow just about everyone's advice. On an intellectual level, I know that there's just about no chance that I'll ever see Lisa again. On an emotional level, despite the cynicism, I know I love the Lisa that I perceived. I suspect there may be a considerable difference between that Lisa and the real Lisa, but that is moot unless we do meet again. If we do, my main "mission" will be to find out who the real Lisa is, and whether she bears any resemblence to the Lisa I fell in love with.

On an emotional level, I'd pursue this fact-finding mission with enthusiasm if Lisa ever gave me the chance. To that end, I have left a second voice mail for Lisa, more or less along the lines recommended by Crowe (thank you, crowe). I don't really expect that anything will come of it, but I can hope...

I've also decided that come September, after our youngest child heads off to college, I'll be suggesting to my wife that we begin some marriage counseling. I don't know how or if that will work out, but will play it by ear. Meanwhile, I've been working on improving my relationship with my wife. As some of you accurately perceived, aside from our sex life, our relationship is pretty good. The problem (maybe I should say "my" problem) is that I no longer am complacent about maintaining the marriage in the absence of a good sex life between us.

Last edited:
To be blunt, if you ever see Lisa again, you're an idiot.

If you spend another five minutes thinking about Lisa in the future, you're an idiot. (Unless it's in the context of developing a general theory and philosophy of whoring that will explain to yourself how you allowed this unfortunate episode to occur and that will prevent anything like it from occurring in the future. This is not what commercial sex is for. Indeed, if your current situation renders you vulnerable to this kind of thing, I would counsel you to stop seeing prostitutes.)

Please forgive my bluntness.

Last edited:
to justlooking

Thank you for being blunt.

Your's is a valid perspective from a hobbyist who is single, or from a married hobbyist interested in preserving both his hobbying and his marriage.

Neither of those perspectives are mine, at least not now. I started hobbying with those perspectives, but I'm past that now. If my marriage were to improve substantially (say, as a result of counseling) than I might react differently to your advice. I think your advice is applicable to most UG readers. I just don't think it applies to me right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.