Do MLB Players Really Use Steroids ????

vornado said:
I'm not sure but I hope he is, records are made to be broken but I just wish the people that breaks are legit and not knocked up on the roids

agreed. he is about as illegitimate as you can get.

he would have hit no more than 300 hr's without the roids.

dduck024 said:
Remember Bonds has never tested positive.

Actually this is only half true true. Bonds did most of his bulking up on steroids BEFORE Major League Baseball began testing for them. They (MLB) has also refused to release these stored samples or the results citing a confidentiality clause in the players agreement. When Giambi went in front of a grand jury he admitted to taking steroids because he thought these samples would be released and he'd be found guilty anyway. However... those grand jury testimonies were sealed (cept for Giambi's which was leaked) and the samples never released. This has allowed everyone from players and trainers all the wy to the commissioner to keep lying and denying about steroid use ever since.

Bonds didn't have to test positive... he already admitted to taking banned substances... cept he made the excuse that he didn't know what he was taking.

Last edited:
wether leaked or not Giambi was guilty and that cheater should be punished. You test positive (he did) He should be banned for a year and tested weekly. Why did Palmerio get cut for one positive test and Giambi wins a "comback" award. Cause he is a Yankee and MLB makes more money if they do well. So MLB will turn a blind eye to them and punish others.

dduck024 said:
wether leaked or not Giambi was guilty and that cheater should be punished. You test positive (he did) He should be banned for a year and tested weekly. Why did Palmerio get cut for one positive test and Giambi wins a "comback" award. Cause he is a Yankee and MLB makes more money if they do well. So MLB will turn a blind eye to them and punish others.
Couldn't be farther from the truth. The reason Palmerio didn't get a pass is because he sat there and pointed his finger with arrogance that he never took anything. So he lied right to everyone's face. Giambi got caught and held a press conference and apologized. He never mentioned what he apologozed for but at least he did something. If yoo apologize in this the sports world fans seem to forgive you.

dduck024 said:

I don't think Giambi ever tested positive for steroids. He was suspended based on what he told a grand jury that got leaked. Supposedly several others admitted to the grand jury they did steroids but those testimonies were sealed and confidential, as a result we'll never know who fessed up and who didn't.

New UG Contest ??

On second thought, perhaps we can set up a new UG contest. The member who correctly predicts the FIRST player caught this season using steroids wins !

How's that sound?

Don't forget, Mickey also had great speed b4 his knee injuries. Unless, they start testing blood, they won't catch them using the new designer steroids. Shoot, they only got Balco because some angry track coach sent some samples of the stuff to get tested. Otherwise, all these guys would still be using that cream and clear. Now, it's new and improved.

vornado said:
I think Giambi has gone legit now...I think he would be very crazy if he were to use steriods again because of all those new test there are out there
He'd be crazy to take them because they were the likely cause of the tumor/cancer scare that he went through.

ESPN..resports on Pete Rose JR.

Pete Rose SR, is most proud of Pete Rose JR, who is going to jail for selling his teammates steroids.

Last edited:
seeker6591 said:
agreed. he is about as illegitimate as you can get.

he would have hit no more than 300 hr's without the roids.

Umm your WAYYYY off. Im not defending Binds by any means. but if you have read any of the books out. Bonds didnt start until after the 98 season. Thats when he got HUGE. When he reported to spring training in 99. Up till then he had 445 HR's. So it would be a pretty safe bet he would have probably gotten to 500 even without the steroids. Plus he was 150 hrs more then your projected 300.

seeker6591 said:
I agree...second offense..banned for life...no reinstatement...all records expunged !

This isnt far off from the current policy. First offense 50 games. Second offense 100 games . Third offense banned.

You are missing the bigger picture. Until they start doing blood tests instead of Urine tests. Players will alwyas be able to find a way around testing positive.