Diet pills

Kimmie brought up the right way to exercise but anyone try any of those diet pills to help speed your weight loss.

would be interested in which ones and if they really helped.

Never worked for me, then again you are a guy, and thinner so maybe they will help you.

Over the couner pills seem useless, like sleeping pills. Maybe those diet pills are they sell on TV are best?

Xenadrine RF-1 (w/ephedra) absolutely worked for everyone I know who used them. Gave a burst of energy that lasted for hours, suppressed appetite and final results were an average of 30 or more lbs in each of the four people I know (besides myself) who used it. I dropped 40 between the Belmont stakes (mid June) and Labor day. This was about 6 or 7 year ago. I was at the track that day and a friend who was never overweight but have packed on about 30 lbs after blowing out his achilles was using them and we all remarked about his sudden weight loss. Three of us all went the next day and bought a bottle each expecting nothing.... One guy dropped from over 300 down to 220 in about 6 months. This was someone like Kimmie who had tried everything and thought it couldn't be done.

You all know me... I'm as pessimistic as they come... but that shit worked like magic. If it weren't for that asshole pitcher popping them like fucking candy and dropping dead they'd have never taken them off the market. If you take them in moderation (1 or 2 at a time) you'll have no problems. But if you have a heart problem you should stay away cause the shit does make you race like you snorted a few lines. I used to take one a day in the morning, it was a nice pick-me-up and I wasn't hungry all day.

Xenadrine "RF-1" is off the market but there is Superdrine by the same makers and a few others that are spin-offs of Stacker and the rest who originally made those diet pills. It seems ephedra has been legalized again but those makers have all decided to market their original product under different names.

http://www.superdrine.com/

Don't waste your money on Xenadrine EFX and the others which are efedra free.

Ozzy said:
One guy dropped from over 300 down to 220 in about 6 months. This was someone like Kimmie who had tried everything and thought it couldn't be done.

I think losing weight can be done, but I know the older you get the harder it is, so I am very serious about it before I get near the horrible 40!!

I know I will never be a size 0 again..((Sidenote:It's funny because when I was that size ( about age 17) I use to drink these shakes my friend Sugars mom had to help gain weight) and her and I wore two pairs of shorts or shorts under our jeans to give us an ass!!! What an idiot I was. If I only knew..

I haven't tried EVERYTHING...sorta, but the best results I ever got was starvation. But as we all know, and I found out, thats bad. It all comes back and more!

Diet pills curb your appetite right? So that will result in not eating, hence starvation, hence when you stop and eat, you will gain it all back. You will have to become a pill popper.

Daddy C I met you,( casually of course) you dont need pills!!!

A guy like you can go to the gym and look like a muscle head within weeks.. besides you are a good weight for your height. I knew a guy that was 5'7 and was 145lbs..EWWWWWWWW!!!! You dont want to look like that do ya?

Last edited:
Geez, at least at that size, you normally don't have to worry about type 2 diabetes, heart problems, high blood pressure, and most importantly, the girls wouldn't give you that typical look look of disappointment when they open the door. sorry, if I'm venting or is that dreaming....:). anyway, I think Diet pills are the same as get rich books......nothing but dreams and bs. You have to put the work into it to get what you want. Stay positive cause I know I'm trying to.

Kimmie said:
I think losing weight can be done, but I know the older you get the harder it is, so I am very serious about it before I get near the horrible 40!!

I know I will never be a size 0 again..((Sidenote:It's funny because when I was that size ( about age 17) I use to drink these shakes my friend Sugars mom had to help gain weight) and her and I wore two pairs of shorts or shorts under our jeans to give us an ass!!! What an idiot I was. If I only knew..

I haven't tried EVERYTHING...sorta, but the best results I ever got was starvation. But as we all know, and I found out, thats bad. It all comes back and more!

Diet pills curb your appetite right? So that will result in not eating, hence starvation, hence when you stop and eat, you will gain it all back. You will have to become a pill popper.

Daddy C I met you,( casually of course) you dont need pills!!!

A guy like you can go to the gym and look like a muscle head within weeks.. besides you are a good weight for your height. I knew a guy that was 5'7 and was 145lbs..EWWWWWWWW!!!! You dont want to look like that do ya?
Why thank you Kimmie for the complaiment but I am trying to lose about 10 pounds a few trips and cruises have fattened me up just a bit. Now I am pleasently plump. Its all in my lower stomach muscles so a few leg lifts a day should help.

Maybe we need to meet in a non casual way to talk about how we are going to diet. I heard greek makes you lose weight. lol.

I am 5'10 210. I want to get under 200 again about 190 would be perfect for me.

Last edited:
Daddycool said:
Why thank you Kimmie for the complaiment but I am trying to lose about 10 pounds a few trips and cruises have fattened me up just a bit. Now I am pleasently plump. Its all in my lower stomach muscles so a few leg lifts a day should help.

Maybe we need to meet in a non casual way to talk about how we are going to diet. I heard greek makes you lose weight. lol.
Hah ha.. really? you think? hmmmmmm NOT! :O)

It sounds to me like you have beer belly syndrome. It seems to effect men as they get older. They get these big bellies, and the rest of them is pretty much the same. Stop drinking BEER!!!

Kimmie said:
Hah ha.. really? you think? hmmmmmm NOT! :O)

It sounds to me like you have beer belly syndrome. It seems to effect men as they get older. They get these big bellies, and the rest of them is pretty much the same. Stop drinking BEER!!!
I don't drink. If I do its a scotch, not beer. And whats wrong with a little greek. I know you are up for it. lol

Didrex is the ticket for anyone wanting to lose weight...expensive, you can buy it online. Bontril is also good. These are things that are to be used temporarily...they can be addictive, so use caution!
T.

damn Kimmie, with that statement, you're going to have Gay Men Coalition after you. As a token of apology, I think you need to offer your ass to Daddycool, while I'll be very happy to accept pussy if offered. lol but not to digress, kissmee, or those items you mentioned FDA approved?

Ozzy said:
Xenadrine RF-1 (w/ephedra) absolutely worked for everyone I know who used them. Gave a burst of energy that lasted for hours, suppressed appetite and final results were an average of 30 or more lbs in each of the four people I know (besides myself) who used it. I dropped 40 between the Belmont stakes (mid June) and Labor day. This was about 6 or 7 year ago. I was at the track that day and a friend who was never overweight but have packed on about 30 lbs after blowing out his achilles was using them and we all remarked about his sudden weight loss. Three of us all went the next day and bought a bottle each expecting nothing.... One guy dropped from over 300 down to 220 in about 6 months. This was someone like Kimmie who had tried everything and thought it couldn't be done.

You all know me... I'm as pessimistic as they come... but that shit worked like magic. If it weren't for that asshole pitcher popping them like fucking candy and dropping dead they'd have never taken them off the market. If you take them in moderation (1 or 2 at a time) you'll have no problems. But if you have a heart problem you should stay away cause the shit does make you race like you snorted a few lines. I used to take one a day in the morning, it was a nice pick-me-up and I wasn't hungry all day.

Xenadrine "RF-1" is off the market but there is Superdrine by the same makers and a few others that are spin-offs of Stacker and the rest who originally made those diet pills. It seems ephedra has been legalized again but those makers have all decided to market their original product under different names.

http://www.superdrine.com/

Don't waste your money on Xenadrine EFX and the others which are efedra free.
Was everyone able to keep the weight off? I've found that whenever I use something like this, I end up putting the weight back on between 6 months to a year after I stop using the stuff.

Last edited:
Ozzy said:
It seems ephedra has been legalized again but those makers have all decided to market their original product under different names.

From 21CFR april 2006

[Code of Federal Regulations]
[Title 21, Volume 2]
[Revised as of April 1, 2006]
From the U.S. Government Printing Office via GPO Access
[CITE: 21CFR119]

[Page 259]

TITLE 21--FOOD AND DRUGS

CHAPTER I--FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION, DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN
SERVICES (CONTINUED)

PART 119_DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS THAT PRESENT A SIGNIFICANT OR UNREASONABLE
RISK--Table of Contents

Sec. 119.1 Dietary supplements containing ephedrine alkaloids.

Authority: 21 U.S.C. 321, 342, 343, 371.

Dietary supplements containing ephedrine alkaloids present an
unreasonable risk of illness or injury under conditions of use
recommended or suggested in the labeling, or if no conditions of use are
recommended or suggested in the labeling, under ordinary conditions of
use. Therefore, dietary supplements containing ephedrine alkaloids are
adulterated under section 402(f)(1)(A) of the Federal Food, Drug, and
Cosmetic Act.

[69 FR 6853, Feb. 11, 2004]

Selling dietary supplements with ephedrine alkaloids is still illegal. Whether the ephedrine is directly added or via ingredients such as Ephedra (ma huang), Sida Cordifolia, etc. Bitter Orange contains synephrine which is sufficiently different chemically so as to not fall under the FDA ban but is also not as effective as ephedrine.

I would think that any ephedrine containing product sold over the net is being sold from off-shore.

The ban was only 2 years. They pacified the vocal extreme, like the assault weapon ban that has gone away, federally that is. I don't remember the website, but one site I saw the stuff on is in Jersey. NY and other states have imposed their own bans on the ephedra products.

hunter69 said:
The ban was only 2 years. They pacified the vocal extreme, like the assault weapon ban that has gone away, federally that is. I don't remember the website, but one site I saw the stuff on is in Jersey. NY and other states have imposed their own bans on the ephedra products.

HORSEHOCKEY

The CFR paragraph cited above was issued just ovedr 2 months ago. At the bottom the Feb 11, 2004 date is the date the prohibition was issued. Nowhere in the rule is there mentioned an expiration date. If there is (was) one, it would be included in the rule.

The following link

http://google2.fda*****/search?clie...output=xml_no_dtd&getfields=*&q=ephedra&as=GO

has everything that the FDA has done with regard to Ephedra in the past number of years. I challenge anyone to find an expiration date on the FDA ruling of 11 Feb 2004.

Anyone selling Ephedra containg supplements within he borders of the US is doing so illegally. Any "site" that is selling ephedra products, even though it may have a US address is probably doing so thru an off-shore location and an off-shore organization.

There are other botanicals which contain compounds which produce ephedra-like effects which supplement makers are trying to use to replace those which are banned and are using descriptions which try to take advantage of ephedra's reputation (e.g. Bitter Orange). None of the other botanicals have shown to be anywhere near as effective as ephedra.

One cannot compare the ban on assault rifles to the ban on ephedra. The ban on assault rifles required congressional approval. The expiration date was put on otherwise it probably would not have passed. Those in favor of the ban were hoping that they could get the ban extended. The FDA on the other hand was able to ban Ephedra based on its statuatory authority and did not require congression approval.

I got this from ephedracom. Found it with a yahoo search. There is also an
article from cbsnews.

April 15, 2005 Utah Judge Strikes Down Ephedra Ban (additional links from Google)
A federal judge ruled in favor of a Utah supplement company and struck down the FDA ban on supplements containing ephedra. The judge sent the case back to the FDA for a determination of what are safe and dangerous levels of ephedrine. The judge determined that ephedra was wrongly being regulated by the FDA as a drug and not a food as required by a 1994 federal dietary supplement law. The judge said the law requires the FDA to prove that a dietary supplement is harmful, rather than having the manufacturer prove it is safe, as is required with drugs. The ruling's final page prohibits the FDA from enforcing the ban on the company's supplements containing 10 milligrams or less of ephedra.

Upon further searching I read an article that says experts believe the ban is only lifted in Utah, but the fact is that if you want it you can get it, and with less trouble than psuedo epherine cold tablets. Its funny that they ban the natural version, but not the variety that is cooked into meth across the country. Drug companies must have alot more $$ than supplement companies.

P.S. Yes they can be compared, because both were misused by some so they were taken away from everyone. And the government pandering to the vocal minority got both bans accomplished.

I found this through a yahoo search on ephdra laws.

April 15, 2005 Utah Judge Strikes Down Ephedra Ban (additional links from Google)
A federal judge ruled in favor of a Utah supplement company and struck down the FDA ban on supplements containing ephedra. The judge sent the case back to the FDA for a determination of what are safe and dangerous levels of ephedrine. The judge determined that ephedra was wrongly being regulated by the FDA as a drug and not a food as required by a 1994 federal dietary supplement law. The judge said the law requires the FDA to prove that a dietary supplement is harmful, rather than having the manufacturer prove it is safe, as is required with drugs. The ruling's final page prohibits the FDA from enforcing the ban on the company's supplements containing 10 milligrams or less of ephedra.

Source: Ephedra com

Further searching revealed that some experts say the ban is only lifted in Utah, not the entire country, but that is one side of the story.

P.S. You can compare the 2 bans. Both things were misused by some so they were taken away from all. And the goverment catered to the vocal minority in both cases.