Coronavirus: The Sick Elephant In The Room

Seems to me that the AMP girls have the same incentive as anyone else to avoid the CV. As far as I know, the reported cases in the US have involved people who traveled to countries other than China. If our fears were truly justified, I’d expect there to have been a mega-outbreak already in Flushing.

Coronavirus is NOT the end of the world.

As far as the actual illness goes, it's about as severe as the flu. It's not instant death, it's not going to eat your flesh, make you go blind or destroy your liver. If you get it, it's a week or two of fever, aches, cough, and generally feeling shitty... just like the flu. The people who die from it are at a similar risk of dying from the flu. Go do your own reading & research - start with the CDC website.

However, the world needs a good wake-up call re: how infectious diseases spread, so the crazy coverage and awareness is a good thing. People need to wash their hands more frequently, and be more mindful of how their actions can spread a disease. A little fear now and again can be a good motivator to change people's behavior.

Nobody wants to get sick. Just take reasonable precautions. I do and I'm not in fear for my life.

The corona virus has arrived guys here in nyc good luck to the ones that gonna continue mongering I will stop my mongering for now . Very risky guys this is worst than being in a fast house raid . Be careful everyone god bless .
How do you compare this to a fast house raid?

How do you compare this to a fast house raid?
Look at the cdc site for current stats

Corona virus:
Chance of transmission: not known but low
Chance of recovery 95% pessimisticly
2-5% chance of death

Raid
Chance of occurance similar to transmission: not known but low.
0% chance of death
Chance of divorce, alimony, financial ruin, professional career end etc uncertain but really high

Not easy to compare.

Look at the cdc site for current stats

Corona virus:
Chance of transmission: not known but low
Chance of recovery 95% pessimisticly
2-5% chance of death

Raid
Chance of occurance similar to transmission: not known but low.
0% chance of death
Chance of divorce, alimony, financial ruin, professional career end etc uncertain but really high

Not easy to compare.
yes sir . But depends if your married Or you single. Yes job depends also . It’s all risky

The economy is in great shape and the Feds plan to cut interest rates. Promising moves for what’s coming due to China’s economic slowdown due to COVID19
How much can the Fed cut rates and how long can they continue doing it? They only have 1.5% to play with. European banks are somehow in the position of having negative interest rates, i.e. one pays to have money on deposit.

I think by the end of the months the numbers of people with corona virus will be 100+ it’s only been one week with the first one and almost as of now it’s total 13 . This dam thing sucks

I think by the end of the months the numbers of people with corona virus will be 100+ it’s only been one week with the first one and almost as of now it’s total 13 . This dam thing sucks
If you know math it’s an eX curve. Typical of pandemic infections.

Boy oh boy, seems like this learned man, who has worked with the virus for decades, is in sheer panic over it's spread. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail...
I don’t think he’s in panic mode. I think he’s being realistic as to its likely spread. I don’t agree with the mask. Since it won’t stop the virus from being inhaled what’s the purpose? If you’ve ever worn a mask, you’d realize that most people will be constantly touching it with dirty hands to adjust it or play with it because it’s annoying them. Forget masks. They’re already sold out of toilet paper at the local Costco!!!

I don’t think he’s in panic mode. I think he’s being realistic as to its likely spread. I don’t agree with the mask. Since it won’t stop the virus from being inhaled what’s the purpose? If you’ve ever worn a mask, you’d realize that most people will be constantly touching it with dirty hands to adjust it or play with it because it’s annoying them. Forget masks. They’re already sold out of toilet paper at the local Costco!!!
(I was being sarcastic!) He seems cool as a cucumber...

...... I don’t agree with the mask. Since it won’t stop the virus from being inhaled what’s the purpose? If you’ve ever worn a mask,..... Forget masks.....
Actually the masks do serve a purpose — if the person wearing one is infected, a mask will help prevent droplets in breath or cough containing virus from infecting others.

You are correct that, especially the over the counter masks, won’t stop the virus from being inhaled.