Congratulations, Barry

What this country want from its star athletes, actors, etc...when they screw up is a mea culpa and then we forgive and love them again. We like it when they show they're human. NObody's perfect and we understand that. We all know why Bonds took the roids but he's insulting the public when he denies it and then lashes out like he's the good guy. I remembered everybody though Hugh Grant's career was over with the Divine Brown scandal. We know why he went to a ho when he had a young hot Liz Hurley waiting in bed for him. It's cause he's freaking man. He went on Leno, apologized, mocked himself, and the story faded away. If he came out and said I fucked up. I took the roids after watching bums like Sosa and Big MAc get the pub while a hall of famer like me got no respect, we all could respect that. I still remember that gold medal gymnast Paul Hamm controversy with the scoring. If he said, you know what, he deserves the gold mesdal and gave his medal away, they would have let him keep his medal and he would have been a national hero with major endorsements including his picture on the almighty wheaties box. Instead he got nada but bad press. When the Golden Globes come up, people still reference VInce Rhames giving up his award to JAck Lemon and crying about it. We eat this crap up. THat's why we hate BOnds! Show some humility and genuine remorse and we'll love ya. Sorry about the off topic ramblings. Still pondering about the multi-pop 1/2 hr deal that I can't get from the East Elmhurst Chicas because she's not accepting new clients. Screw BOnds!

Lascivious said:
Sorry about the off topic ramblings. Still pondering about the multi-pop 1/2 hr deal that I can't get from the East Elmhurst Chicas because she's not accepting new clients. Screw BOnds!
right on, five yrs from now noone is gonna remember Bonds or all this controversy...but we're still gonna be talking up pussy...hopefully by then you'll be able to get access to V's EE house..lol.

Argleby,

I'll respond to you. Just don't name call.

I demand the same respect that I show others.

Okay, why would anyone support Bonds?

Well, for one thing, he has never failed a drug test.

Second, there is no proof he broke any law or any rule.

Third, most people don't like him and therefore, I am going to come to his defense.

Sure, he is no Mr. Congeniality, but neither was Ty Cobbs.

Bonds is a fantastic hitter.

Steroids did not bestow that gift on him.

lamont5123 said:
Argleby,

I'll respond to you. Just don't name call.

I demand the same respect that I show others.

Okay, why would anyone support Bonds?

Well, for one thing, he has never failed a drug test.

Second, there is no proof he broke any law or any rule.
There is proof beyond any reasonable doubt that he used both steroids and HGH, as you'd know if you'd read the article I linked to earlier in this thread. Here it is again: http://www.ergogenics.org/299.html

Third, most people don't like him and therefore, I am going to come to his defense.
Why would you want to come to someone's defense just because they're not liked? If you read the article I linked to you'll see that Barry Bonds is not liked for very good reasons - he's a cheater, a liar and an asshole.

Sure, he is no Mr. Congeniality, but neither was Ty Cobbs.

Bonds is a fantastic hitter.

Steroids did not bestow that gift on him.
Bonds would not be a fantastic hitter today without the help of performance enhancing drugs. Like every player, his skills would have deteriorated with age, not improved.

When Barry's father, Bobby Bonds, was 35 he hit .215 and was out of baseball the next year. At the age of 35, Barry began the five best seasons of his career, maybe anyone's career.

That's because he cheated. Why you would want to support or congratulate such a person is beyond me.

Argleby,

I believe that I have to right to believe what I do and think the way I do.

I do not condemn others for their beliefs.

Unless those beliefs entail the hatred of others based on race, color or creed or superiority over same.

If you don't like Bonds, so be it.

If I believe someone is being unfairly targeted, I defend them. Being a veteran of the Civil Rights Era, I despise the rule of a mob.

lamont5123 said:
Argleby,

I believe that I have to right to believe what I do and think the way I do.
No one's disputing your right to believe what you want, but what you believe about Barry Bonds is directly contradicted by the facts. Facts which you choose to simply ignore.

You also have the right to believe in flying saucers and that the earth is flat; that doesn't mean those beliefs are valid or should be taken seriously.

I do not condemn others for their beliefs.

Unless those beliefs entail the hatred of others based on race, color or creed or superiority over same.

If you don't like Bonds, so be it.

If I believe someone is being unfairly targeted, I defend them.
Again, read the article I linked to. That Bonds cheated is beyond any reasonable doubt (as is the fact that he committed perjury).

So please explain how Bonds is being unfairly targeted.

Being a veteran of the Civil Rights Era, I despise the rule of a mob.
You seem to be trying to inject some kind of racism angle into the argument. There isn't one. If Bonds breaks Aaron's record there will be even more outrage.

I've made several posts in this thread and you've yet to respond to one point I've made, or answer one question. Simply repeating your apparently inalterable beliefs, blindly ignoring any inconvenient facts, doesn't make for much of a discussion.

Argleby,

I'm ignoring your premises because you acted like a child when writing them.

I pay not attention to anyone who name calls.

And I never will.

I am a mature adult and a parent.

I've been on forums all over the place. And I always ignore those who name call, get personal or whose language is more insulting than it is informative.

lamont5123 said:
Argleby,

And I never will.

I am a mature adult and a parent.

I've been on forums all over the place. And I always ignore those who name call, get personal or whose language is more insulting than it is informative.

You cannot respond because you cannot get past the facts. Facts don't lie.

lamont5123 said:
Argleby,

And I never will.
Just a few posts ago you wrote: "Argleby, I will respond to you. Just don't name call.""

So I didn't name call. And now you've found another reason to duck?

I am a mature adult
Well, you're not enough of a mature adult to admit you're wrong.

argleby,

The facts are these:

Barry Bonds has never failed a MLB administered drug test.

He has never been convicted of a crime.

Those are facts.

What you spout are someone's opinions.

Show me proof Barry failed a drug test that delivers inconclusive proof that Barry used substances banned by MLB.

Until you do, you're just like all the others, screaming into the wind.

lamont5123 said:
argleby,

The facts are these:

Barry Bonds has never failed a MLB administered drug test.

He has never been convicted of a crime.

Those are facts.
Lamont,

Those facts are accurate. Here are some other facts:

There is proof beyond any reasonable doubt that Bonds took both steroids and HGH. Did you read the article I linked to? Here it is again: http://www.ergogenics.org/299.html

There are eyewitnesses, written records of his drug use and, for God's sake, he admitted it to the grand jury in San Francisco (with the incredibly lame excuse that he took them unknowingly; see http://www.cincypost.com/2004/12/03/base12-03-2004.html or http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/ar...lb_-_report_bonds_unknowingly_used_steroids/).

I should also mention that even without any of the above, it's blindingly obvious to anyone with any common sense at all.

Again, my question is why do continue to support a flagrant and unrepentant cheater?

What you spout are someone's opinions.
That he took performance enhancing drugs isn't an opinion, it is a fact. There are eyewitnesses, written records and he has admitted it. Read the links I've posted.

Show me proof Barry failed a drug test that delivers inconclusive proof that Barry used substances banned by MLB.
I assume you meant conclusive, not inconclusive? Again, read the article.

Until you do, you're just like all the others, screaming into the wind.
You seem to have decided that you're going to believe what you believe no matter what the facts are. How open-minded.

That being said, if I'm ever caught red-handed murdering someone, I hope you're on my jury.

The latest on Barry Dogshit....

Bonds wants protection from feds if he talks

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Barry Bonds wants to cooperate with special investigator George Mitchell, but will only talk to him if he is assured the information won't be given to federal prosecutors.

Bonds also dropped his lawsuit against two San Francisco Chronicle reporters who published a book claiming the Giants slugger used steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs.
Mitchell was appointed by commissioner Bud Selig to head the probe into steroids in baseball.

"I'd like Barry to cooperate with Sen. Mitchell," Bonds' attorney, Michael Rains, told the Daily News in New York. "We believe Sen. Mitchell will be fair, thorough and impartial. But here's the problem: Anything that happens there can become fodder for the federal government and for another book that will make reporters rich."

A federal grand jury in San Francisco is now investigating whether Bonds lied under oath about using the performance-enhancing drug known as "the clear" during that grand jury testimony.

Meanwhile, Bonds requested that San Francisco County Superior Court dismiss the lawsuit June 2, according to court records reviewed by the San Jose Mercury News. The suit was dismissed without prejudice, meaning he retains the right to refile it.

In March, Bonds sued Chronicle reporters Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams, publisher Gotham books, the Chronicle and Sports Illustrated, which published an excerpt of the book, "Game of Shadows."

Bonds' lawyers, suing under California's unfair competition law, argued that the authors should be blocked from making money on the book because it used illegally obtained grand jury testimony.

Transcripts of the testimony were leaked from a federal investigation into the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, or BALCO, where Bonds and several other major league players allegedly obtained performance-enhancing drugs.

During a March hearing, Bonds' lawyers unsuccessfully sought a temporary restraining order on all profits from the book. At the time, Judge James Warren said he thought the lawsuit had little chance of success and the authors had raised "serious first amendment issues."

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5684188