Concrete suggestions

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
I think the way to do it is not letting vermeer post in certain "safe" sections. I wish there was a way of not letting him make a post before, say, the 6th post of a thread.... but I don't lnow if that's possible.

I don't think you can control where Vermeer posts in a thread... But he can be on moderated status and not show up until staff aproves his post. You can do this in any specific forum for any member. Set him up on mod status in the "safe" or "advertising" forums and the rest of the board he's free to post in.

April

Member<br><color=red> First in war, first in peace
Vermeer has saftey issues? LMAO

Lets make him wear a condom when he posts on ug!

BTW Slink you have mail....lots....ask and yee shall receive! Now start crackin that whip on Allen.

Quick suggestion:
I noticed that I can't see the ads on UG when my firewall (Norton) ad blocking is enabled. Thorn commented that "UG uses proper coding for ads and therefore is blocked when this setting (ad blocker) is set to on"
I don't have a problem disabling the blocker to see the ads but if I were an advertiser I'd be concerned that some people might not figure it out, assume that part of the site is broken and wouldn't see the ad. Guess if it were the case the advertisers would have bitched to you already...figured I'd throw in my 2cents anyway!

RoosterC74 said:
Slinky-
I for one, would not stop Vermeer, because we all have a pretty good idea what that is all about. It is so obvious, that it is funny.
New ladies know nothing about Vermeer. His vileness turns them away. One lady told me that she would have nothing to do with UG because of him. I find nothing funny about his rantings. I am not a member of his fan club.

misterxyz said:
Nice statement. Does that mean you will put a stop to the slanderous posts of Vermeer and the like? How? By deleting them or banning them?
Please don't EVER ban Vermeer. That is some of the funniest shit on here!

Which brings up an interesting question Slinky... How many people come to this board for the information, or for the entertainment? Take a poll, find out, and gear the board to that. Personally I come here for the entertainment 99% of the time, and I'm sure a good percentage of the 40,000 do too. It's occasional that I come here for reviews or info, because it's just too chancey to use the search to find them (you have to read through to many posts to find) and the reviews are in arbitiary formats. But... I do like UG for the laughs, the stories, the conversations, and the arguments, and I'm sure others come here for that too.

Last edited:
jp1064 said:
Personally I come here for the entertainment 99% of the time, and I'm sure a good percentage of the 40,000 do too. ... I do like UG for the laughs, the stories, the conversations, and the arguments, and I'm sure others come here for that too.
Holy shit. So after all our arguing, we actually AGREE about this?

I almost feel bad. But at least you enjoy the arguments.

What do we do now?

I come here for the therapy.....

I've said it before... It's a great place to 1) see how bad off or fucked up others are compared to myself and 2) a great place to take out those built up aggressions. Beats running into a closet to scream.

I think #2 probably applies to many which is why we have the issues we do here.

Last edited: