Cheers, Jeers or Tears

Axe said:
Last Thursday evening was when this place was busted. Six Brazilians were arrested and the owners got cited for having some kind of bullshit 'safety' violation by having a wall in the wrong place or something like that. Total harrassment.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/112-07152006-684161.html

Im not completely sure about this because Im never here that early, but only two cars in the lot at 12:30 lunchtime may not be odd. Maybe they were closed so they could fix the 'problem' wall. Anyway, I dont think this place opens until 1:00.

Obviously, the bust has squashed this place but the owner didnt exactly improve his business plan by putting cameras in the tents - for NO apparent reason - only a week or two before the bust. Why was NO cameras ok for a YEAR, then suddenly they become necessary?? Cheeks has been busted before and I dont remember the lack of cameras being a problem.

This place is now just another PH, only with above average bar food and a below average selection of dancers.

Attendance was already dropping. Now it will be even lower.
Methinks the week or two with cameras was to gather camera evidence to show to LE. Since the evidence was obviously not "air grinds", LE swooped in. If it had just been "air grinds" maybe LE wouldn't have swooped in so soon. Then Cheeks would have been like another "Fantasy Showbar" for example anyway.

Axe said:
... the owners got cited for having some kind of bullshit 'safety' violation by having a wall in the wrong place or something like that. Total harrassment.
Agreed... and not even a wall - in part, it was the dance tents that cuased it according to the article:

"Following the raid, officers alerted township Construction Code Official Bob Benash, who inspected the building and ordered it closed due to “unsafe building modifications" ... Among the modifications cited was construction of partitions and small rooms for private dances ... ".

C'mon... tents! Cripes..
Total bullshit...

Last edited:
RIP Cheeks

The tents have been in Cheeks since the very first day they opened. In a TENT, the dancer does not need a panic button or video surveillance to maintain her safety. She just screams LOUDLY, knees the guy in the balls and jumps out of the tent. There is almost nothing to block the sound of her voice. There is no hard wall in her way. There is no door in her way. There is only a piece of cloth that is barely thick enough to prevent seeing through it with flaps that are held together with frikkin clothespins.

All thats really happened is that the police have become more creative in dreaming up excuses to harass and/or close this place.

If the owners have even the slightest inkling about what sometimes goes on in those tents, they would NEVER want to hand over video evidence of it to LE unless they were forced to. Even then, wouldnt they warn the dancers about all this? Either way, the customers lose. Maybe they were forced to put the cams in and wont admit it. Its possible because from a business perspective it was a suicidal act - not typical of strip club owners. Who knows?

All I know is the day those cameras went in, a lot of customers went OUT - forever. The bust was just another nail in the coffin for this joint.

I went to Cheeks Thursday around 1:00 in the afternoon. Everything seemed normal. The girls were a little distant. Got dances with Cindy, a very pretty Russian. I didn't expect much but got less. She didn't clip the curtains shut and wouldn't remove her top. The only good thing was that she didn't ask for a tip. Then Julia, thin, pretty Brazillian, usually high mileage---same shit. Top stayed on, curtain partly open, zipper up.
I went to Playhouse the next day--disappointing!!!

Has anyone else noticed this?--At the Penthouse I have an almost perpetual hardon at the bar, tip parade, just watching, the whole thing. At Cheeks, its just the opposite. I don't mean, have you noticed MY hardon--have you experienced the same thing?

Stopped off at Cheeks today, boy has it gone downhill. Best girls there were a six, and there was no action whatsoever. Only 5 girls working on Friday afternoon. All they wanted to do was talk to each other. After being there a half hour one girl finally made the rounds at the bar. After two hours I finally saw a girl actually offer and get a dance off a guy. I think her felt sorry for her. The dance did not even last one song. I left after that. I'll be back at the Playhouse soon, but it will be a while until I go back here.

cheers is back!

was feeling a lot of "saudade" for this place, so a Sunday visit was in the cards. all i can say is: you'll be bowled over by the triple B's, a Bevy of Brazilian Beauties. Cheeks or Cheers, it's all good!

Last edited:
It's all going on here, but they're asking an arm and a leg and a Franklin and a half for it. Wouldn't worry too much about cameras(if indeed there are any) because every tent I've been in was damn near pitch black. Which always makes me wonder why we all go to the trouble of choosing the 'comelier' lasses when any phat phugly in the dark would do (at a discount).

Sunday afternoon

Stopped in about 4:30, not alot of seats at the bar. Immediately approached by Lucy, petite Brazil girl. Lots of TLC at the bar stool. Full menu was offered, but since I just walked in, I was not ready, and wanted to check out the field. Next visitor, was an older, heavy, blonde, Brazil girl who was grabbing the big guy in and out of my shorts like it was a locked doorknob. She kept telling how much she liked my friend and remembered him in her mouth (I sure don't). A couple other quick, nothing special visitors, and I get a visit from a petite, pretty blonde named Natasha, or Natalia. She is thin, very small tits, great little butt, tight waist, and a pale/pure complexion. No special attention to the big guy, but I accepted the offer for the cd. In the tent, top never came off, but touching was allowed and encouraged. Lots of grinding, moaning, and a little hand shaking for the big guy. Nothing extra, but still a hot dance.

Cheeks Friday afternoon

I stopped in cheeks on Friday at around 3:40 the place was more crowded then I expected this early. got a seat and interacted with the various dancers. One scarrrrry point was Emily, big girl and the most aggressive. I have no doubt everything would be on te menu but at $30 a song she is already $20 over priced.... I met a pretty Brazilian with long blond hair and a nice smile. I don;t remember her name but she said it was only her 7th time here. minor rubbing at bar and she never asked about a dance... I decided to Pass. Later I met Lisa a Ukrainian small B tits flat stomach and a cute (not pretty) face. She passed the touch tests and after about 5 minutes of stroking over pants at the bar she asked if I wanted to have a lap dance. I asked how good... she said very, Not wanting to get burned I continued to ask what was available. She offered a BJ and I asked how much she said 2 dances ..$100. I said way to much... she then she said no total 100 including 2 dances. with that cleared up off we went

true to her word 2 dances later CBJTC

later ~town

Lisa is one of my favorites. I was there Wednesday afternoon and, after the usual parade, I went with Lisa. As described, cbj, nicely done. We took a break in the midddle so it would last longer and she told me about another Ukranian girl she likes to do doubles with. Sounds hot (and expensive).

Another Police Action

I was there last night when the locals busted in and shut the place down. Usual fare, intimidating the customers and rounding up the girls for prostitution in alien status. Here's what the Pemberton Police say:

November 15th - The Pemberton Township Police Department, in a joint cooperative investigation with several other law enforcement agencies, conducted an undercover operation at Cheeks Bar on South Pemberton Road in Pemberton. Undercover officers went into Cheeks and acted as customers. Once the females agreed to perform sexual acts, officers from Pemberton Township Police, New Jersey State Police, Office of Homeland Security, US Immigration and Customs and the Air Force Office of Special Investigations entered the establishment and placed seven females under arrest. The females were transported to the Pemberton Township Police Station to be charged and processed. All seven defendants were charged with Engaging in Prostitution, bail was set at $1500.00. Of the seven females six were found to have an illegal status with US Immigration Laws; those six females will have further hearings with the US Federal Court to determine the disposition of their ability to remain in the United States. The arrested females currently reside in Essex County and are natives of Brazil.
Arrested were: (Ms. Pereira has legal status. The remaining six females have an illegal status).

Irene Pereira, 52 years old, Market Street, Newark, NJ (Legal)
Lucilene Mendanha, 39 years old, Jabez Street, Newark, NJ
Edniea Jaronimo Do Prado, 24 years old, Ferry Street, Newark, NJ
Aurora Gallegos-Sanchez, 38 years old, Elma Street, Newark, NJ
Giselle Mora-Jimmenez, 44 years old, Livingston Street, Elizabeth, NJ
Liede Jesus Souza, 24 years old, Pattison Street, Newark, NJ
Edivaimis Jaronimo Do Prado, 36 years old, Ferry Street, Newark, NJ

I went to Cheeks yesterday, Saturday and sat at the bar and few girls came up to me. Finally Lisa, an old favorite, came over and talked about the raid and how the Brazillians got arrested. They all think the cameras are back on---maybe they are, and how the service has really gone down. Everyones paranoid An American girl came up to me at the bar and wanted tips but no contact. The other girls think shes an undercover cop. Who knows? It was early afternoon and the bouncer was there frisking everyone who came in. PH is boring and Cheeks now sucks. Any new ideas?

cherokee, I feel your pain. I have not found any other places in SJ with mileage... What suprises me is that Philly and AC are also very weak. short of North Jersey the whole area is turning into a waste land. If I find anything I will post ...
~town.

I read at another site that the club was checking the tents with flashlights periodically, so it sounds like self-policing like what Playhouse was doing after they had their issues with the city. This aint the first time the club has been through this sh*t, but the question is does it have to bottom out before it becomes better again? Just the AMPs & RMPs are seeming like the decent options for now.

Two things:

First of all, I like that the "wand goon" is there. Cheerleaders had a shooting a while back. I'm glad that there are no armed crazies in the bar while i"m there.
The wand goon may warn us if police are coming in. I really don't need my picture in the papers.

Second, a great review that ends "sorry, I don't remember her name" is practically worthless. I'll bet I'm older than 90% of you guys and I seem to be able to post the names of the good, the bad and the ugly. Jot the name down on a napkin if you have to.

Be nice to Emily and Emily will be nice to you.

Yeah, I know she can be too insistent, but eventually she gets the message.

About time to revive this thread?