Chasing away the adversisers redux

justme

homo economicus
It's unfortunate in a way that in this case I think Vermeer was expressing an actual sincere opinion. I take your point about Vermeer in general being a complicated subject.
Whether or not he's expressing a sincere opinion in the case is irrelevant to whether or not he is engaging in sincere discourse. As we saw in the other thread, even when he expresses ideas that may have some merit, he is absolutely uninterested in discussing them: they are simply avenues for him to introduce more trolling.

For the record, I have no interest in advocating for the silencing of trolls. I do have a hard time finding any value in them and I have a harder time understanding how anyone could find them enriching to public discourse when their exact purpose is to gain amusement at the disruption of same.

...As we saw in the other thread, even when he expresses ideas that may have some merit, he is absolutely uninterested in discussing them: they are simply avenues for him to introduce more trolling...
That's why it's fruitless to even reply to his commentary. Vermeer is a button pusher. Without reaction he would be disarmed and rendered a non-sequitur.

I am always baffled why Vermeer gets so much attention or why he is deemed complicated. He's a troll, nothing more, nothing less. The fact that he mixes in racism doesn't change that.

If someone else had posted "wow, that seems really interesting and cool" in that thread, the poster would likely be bashed and deemed worthless. But if you shit all over an idea or a provider, the poster is offering controversial opinions.

As for how to deal with trolls, I thought that Justme was entirely correct.

For the record, I have no interest in advocating for the silencing of trolls. I do have a hard time finding any value in them and I have a harder time understanding how anyone could find them enriching to public discourse when their exact purpose is to gain amusement at the disruption of same.
Since I mostly read this board for amusement (although, there have been more actual reviews and what I would consider "hard information/reporting" of late), I would be hard pressed to advocate eliminating anything here that brings a smile to my lips. There's value in entertainment, regardless of whether it causes disruption. After all, even anarchy has a purpose.

Consider this the "chaos theory" of PMBs.

justme

homo economicus
I would be hard pressed to advocate eliminating anything here that brings a smile to my lips. There's value in entertainment, regardless of whether it causes disruption. After all, even anarchy has a purpose.
The object of trolling is trolling.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
That's why it's fruitless to even reply to his commentary. Vermeer is a button pusher. Without reaction he would be disarmed and rendered a non-sequitur.
I am always baffled why Vermeer gets so much attention or why he is deemed complicated. He's a troll, nothing more, nothing less. The fact that he mixes in racism doesn't change that.

If someone else had posted "wow, that seems really interesting and cool" in that thread, the poster would likely be bashed and deemed worthless. But if you shit all over an idea or a provider, the poster is offering controversial opinions.

As for how to deal with trolls, I thought that Justme was entirely correct.

[youtube]R_ZWLZcWa8E[/youtube]

http://www.angelfire.com/space/usenet/

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=241756214482&topic=13742

The object of trolling is trolling.
The objective of trolling is to seek attention. But that can be true of most posters describing their experiences(including me). So the objective is the same but we express it in different ways. LOL One is to entertain and the other is to disrupt.

We need to channel their needs in to a more acceptable outlet. LOL

The hobby has CHANGED...is not what used to be 10 years ago and it will be much different 10 years from now. A board that sticks to the "bad boy style" is not in fashion anymore because there are way more educated, intelligent women in the sex industry, participating, posting and also supporting different places. And they have zero tolerance for the hobby bullies.

They will not fight you and give you ammunition, they just go someplace else to spend their hard earned dollars. UG is not the only game in town, there are other options for them.

Years ago, the hobby was an underground world...today is out there in the open and global!

So you wanted or not, a board to survive these days will need, to a certain point, suck up to their advertisers.

But, what do I know? Is not my board either BUT I have a love for UG, reason I am still here :)
Truer words could not be spoken. Fortunately or unfortunately being successful provider these days requires a lot of main stream skills, such as savvy marketing, ability to express yourself, knowledge of SEO, communication skills, personality and a lot more than just spreading proverbial legs.

Hence, most boards have two options. Become tolerant of the fact that females may hold and express their opinions and prosper or become "the boys club" and die.

Contrary to popular belief, once ladies leave a board .. discussions die out and it is usually the end of DISCUSSION boards.

As for Theatro, being somewhat familiar with ladies behind the spectacular event, I feel dissapointed at the reception Juls got on UG. This is one of very very few ladies who can put together spectacular events in ANY city of this country and the fact that she chose New York as october venue should be welcomed, not trashed.

Lina

This board is very tolerant of women expressing their opinion. Just not very tolerant of people posting to drum up business for themselves without paying for an ad.

As for Theatro, being somewhat familiar with ladies behind the spectacular event, I feel dissapointed at the reception Juls got on UG. This is one of very very few ladies who can put together spectacular events in ANY city of this country and the fact that she chose New York as october venue should be welcomed, not trashed.

Lina
I think Slinky's point is that she should have purchased an ad if she wanted to use UG to promote the event. I find that hard to argue with.