Casual Encounters is truly gone!

As are all of the CL Personals listings.

If you go there, you just get the following notice:
US Congress just passed HR 1865, "FOSTA", seeking to subject websites to criminal and civil liability when third parties (users) misuse online personals unlawfully.

Any tool or service can be misused. We can't take such risk without jeopardizing all our other services, so we are regretfully taking craigslist personals offline. Hopefully we can bring them back some day.

To the millions of spouses, partners, and couples who met through craigslist, we wish you every happiness!
I met some damn fine pieces of ass on CL -- and wasted untold hours sorting through scammers to find those fine pieces of ass.

The Senate passed the bill today. CL killed personals sometime between 9pm and 11pm tonight.

I'd heard rumors there were units of LE in various places who spent all their time running stings on CL. I wonder what they'll do with all their newfound time.
Bp is next I suppose.

BP hasn't always been as quick to comply as CL has.

The CEO of BP had to be arrested on pimping charges, for them to start taking the government seriously. Of course, people actually use CL for other things. Where BP seemed to be strictly for "adult services".
The difference between CL and BP is that we were occupying a tiny corner of CL, while their mainline business is entirely unrelated to what was going on in CE. There really isn't much more to BP than these sorts of ads. CL cut off personals to protect the rest of their business. BP doesn't have that choice. It'll be interesting to see how things play out with SA, especially since they tout the idea of guys paying girls to travel.

Keeping in mind that I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice, as for what's going on here, if you're only dealing directly with individual girls who are already local, and are really independent (preferably non-pros), you are certainly not *knowingly* contributing to any trafficking. I haven't previously ever paid for a girl to travel, and I certainly would not do so now. In the strictest sense, moving a girl from one place to another for illicit purposes can be defined as trafficking. I wouldn't even be comfortable agreeing to pay a girl's transportation costs for crossing any state lines when we're meeting. That includes covering PATH fare to/from Hoboken or Metro North fare fare to/from Connecticut. It's just a risk not worth taking.

Stay safe, guys.

A sad day indeed. We had a good run though!!! My only concern is for all of the poor and starving college girls who will never get to experience that which I have to give.. LOL I guess it's back to the Village Voice personals if it and they still exist. Ha :D

What's frustrating to me is that they had finally figured out how to keep out enough of the outright scams that I was finally able to regularly find girls on there who were looking for actual casual encounters, not p4p.

In the old days, though, finding hot girls on CL who were willing to do p4p on the cheap was like shooting fish in a barrel.